50%debuff claws and other stuffs dropped from event!???

H

Hargh

Nerf chanters, nerf savages, nerf gank groups, nerf determination, nerf la nerf, nerf infils, nerf everything that is not me!!!!!

C

cHodAX

Well this news is filtering onto VN boards, will be interesting to see how Mythic react to drops that could totally unbalance an already badly unbalanced setup.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Hargh
Educate me Damon. Clue me in on the truth.

sorry man , if you cant see how these drops will have a huge impact on RvR ..well then I cant help you..you have to seek professional help then

R

Rubric

My little idea is as follows. Make the items multi realm and when the peron wielding it is killed it drop for the person that killed them.

M

Mirhen Morkir

GOA delete all these items from the game ASAP, I really can't believe you guys put them in there in the first place, jeez what where you smoking ?

S

sauna-

remove these items and stop creating your own, or if you're gonna create your own items GOA then don't make them the best ones in the game, k? tanks are good enough today without needing 50% debuff for their own dmgtyp.

W

warlock_es

Originally posted by Rubric
My little idea is as follows. Make the items multi realm and when the peron wielding it is killed it drop for the person that killed them.
Great idea.
At least receiving end can get a reward for surviving against this insane shit.

S

shanks

Originally posted by Graknak
even if an experienced rvr'er would get them it's just a matter of time, like Kemor said, and it'll be wasted.

And what happends when the weapon gets in the hands of the experienced rvr'ers? :x

H

Hargh

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
sorry man , if you cant see how these drops will have a huge impact on RvR ..well then I cant help you..you have to seek professional help then

RvR is already broken. I am already seeing a psychiatrist to deal with this.

N

)nick(

Educate me Damon. Clue me in on the truth.

If clues were shoes, you'd go barefoot.

Just because you have given up on RVR doesn't mean we should be forced to retire because GOA made a spelling mistake and added a zero behind the proc effects.

H

Hargh

No one is asking you to retire. Certainly no one is forcing you to.

N

)nick(

No one is asking you to retire. Certainly no one is forcing you to.

Someone give this man a pair of sandals!

H

Hargh

Why don't you "give me some sandals"? Perhaps because you are hiding your lack of a reasoned argument behind not quite amusing cleverness? Or waiting for someone else to reply for you?

Why do you think YOU are being forced from RvR?

N

)nick(

As you have a severe lack of RVR experience, not to mention seem bitter and twisted towards the current state of RVR, you don't sound like the right kind of person to make judgements on whether something would be overpowered or not in RVR.

It's quite simple really. One melee group all assisting each other with the same weapon spec the proc debuffs for. Now imagine them doing this day in, day out. It might not happen on your server but what about on the rest of the european servers?

Your shrink hasn't diagnosed you with the NIMBY syndrome by any chance?

G

Goryk

At least you can't crit on these 50% debuffs like certain classes *cough* chanter/cabby/runie *cough* :p still would like to see them reduced to 20% at most, or leave them at 50% but have the duration be extremely short (enough for 1 hit with the debuff on... then you can only get huge benefits by teamwork and ganking the same guy at the same time)

N

)nick(

Originally posted by Goryk
At least you can't crit on these 50% debuffs like certain classes *cough* chanter/cabby/runie *cough* :p still would like to see them reduced to 20% at most, or leave them at 50% but have the duration be extremely short (enough for 1 hit with the debuff on... then you can only get huge benefits by teamwork and ganking the same guy at the same time)

Chanters don't get WA. I dare say mythic will have something to say about GOA's attempts at 'balancing' the realms if this is your justification for the items :)

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
is it true they droped the cloaks with red eyes on them aswell?
no stats etc
Yes.

I believe a total of 2 cloaks with the Black Queen's emblem dropped. I got one, and I think Bazza has the other.

D

darbey

I agree with most of what you have to say Nicolas but please dont start making assumptions on a persons knowledge of RvR just because they dont obviously spend as much time in the game as you do. It just makes you sound like a pretentious snob. I hate to burst your bubble but there are alot of people who are not happy with RvR these days. This really isnt a measuring stick to whether someone should have an opinion on whether something is overpowered or not.

N

)nick(

Originally posted by darbey
I agree with most of what you have to say Nicolas but please dont start making assumptions on a persons knowledge of RvR just because they dont obviously spend as much time in the game as you do. It just makes you sound like a pretentious snob. I hate to burst your bubble but there are alot of people who are not happy with RvR these days. This really isnt a measuring stick to whether someone should have an opinion on whether something is overpowered or not.

You need hands on knowledge as far as RVR is concerned. He is basing his opinion on his flawed perception of how RVR works at the moment. I agree RVR doesn't favour the casual players but that doesn't mean he should throw rational thinking out of the window. These weapons are overpowered and do nothing to aleviate the concerns he has as far as RVR is concerned. The scales will still be in favour of the hardcore players, if not even more so once the dedicated RVRers get their hands on these items.

If being a pretentious snob is what it takes to make him see these items for what they are then so be it.

J

Jiggs

i wont rvr if they stay in game as it is, anyone who can't see this as stupidly overpowered is an idiot.

and yes if i had one i would either let it decay or just never use it..

where is the challenge in winning by using these weapons?

some of them had interesting procs/charges: serenity 5 on a caster staff and a triple wield proc on a blades weapon: these are nice/ok/interesting/fun

50% debuffs are totally retarded.

H

Hargh

Originally posted by -nicolas-
He is basing his opinion on his flawed perception of how RVR works at the moment.

Sorry, why is my perception flawed and yours right? I voiced my opinion, you told me to get some sandals.

Please answer the question why YOU think you are being forced out of the game.

And I put it to you that while this won't aleviate the issues with RvR, neither will it worsen an environment that is already in pretty bad shape. It certainly isn't worth the whingeing that's been going on.

Let's not try to make this Nicolas v Hargh please.

S

Solstice

Now I'm glad I'm leaving DAoC next month. Got enough of GOA/Mythic's madness. They've been fucking the game since last months/patches but now it's just getting ridiculous. What will be next?

So sad :(

L

lairiodd

Cool idea but I doubt that the code for dropping items is in the game.

O

old.Glendower

I am amazed that with all the gross imbalance in this game that GOA would actually make it WORSE!

This is exactly the reason events here suck, and I also agree that there should be lots of little prizes available for EVERYONE who wants to participate as opposed to a few high-level ones. What happens now is that lots of people participate, but hardly anyone gets a reward, and it comes down to other factors besides the individual as to if you get a prize or what.

G

Graknak

Originally posted by lairiodd
Cool idea but I doubt that the code for dropping items is in the game.

they'd need to import Camlann like scripts to make this to work (not sure if it's even compatible), altough the idea ain;t bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom