50%debuff claws and other stuffs dropped from event!???

J

Jiggs

simple fact:

the games mechaincs/balance were never designed to have these type of procs in game..

i will write to mythic this weekend, because i believe these items are an example of gross miss managment by goa.

i will cancel my two accounts if these items stay in game even with only 25% debuffs (you do realise thats pretty much a characters entire possible melee resistance gone)

i never felt like this about anything goa has done before but i don't want to play a game where this kind of crap happens.

YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DEBUFF/BUFF THESE STATS FOR A REASON: it unbalances the game.

S

svartmetall

Yes, that's right, one person with a nice weapon unbalances the whole game.

The amount of short-sighted fucking WHINING here is unbelievable.

I can't believe I'm going to defend GOA, here, but...they did something different for Euro players to get involved with (US players don't get this stuff) and put a lot of work into it...and yet people here still whine and whine and fucking WHINE like someone just took their favourite toys away.

Some of you should go back to your teddy bears and grow up for a few more years before you try to interact with the rest of the human race.

N

ning

Originally posted by Jiggs
simple fact:

the games mechaincs/balance were never designed to have these type of procs in game..

i will write to mythic this weekend, because i believe these items are an example of gross miss managment by goa.

i will cancel my two accounts if these items stay in game even with only 25% debuffs (you do realise thats pretty much a characters entire possible melee resistance gone)

i never felt like this about anything goa has done before but i don't want to play a game where this kind of crap happens.

YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DEBUFF/BUFF THESE STATS FOR A REASON: it unbalances the game.

LOL !

W

warlock_es

Originally posted by accollon
Grow up and enjoy the variety.
Yeah, right....
When you meet the guy with such weapon,
you can fight him as usual, and be insta-killed with 10% probability.
Awesome variety.

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

I can't believe I'm going to defend GOA, here, but...they did something different for Euro players to get involved with (US players don't get this stuff) and put a lot of work into it...and yet people here still whine and whine and fucking WHINE like someone just took their favourite toys away.

Some of you should go back to your teddy bears and grow up for a few more years before you try to interact with the rest of the human race.[/quote

/Agree 100%

Ungratefull whinging kids.

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by svartmetall

Some of you should go back to your teddy bears and grow up for a few more years before you try to interact with the rest of the human race.

Well u are a ignorant person

American servers are soon to be receiving new drops from dragons but they won't be like GOA drops....u know....retarded

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Well u are a ignorant person

They are Dragon drops, not Campaign drops.
Read the thread more carefully and learn spelling and grammar while you're about it, Mr. Txt Boi.

We will get those new drops in 1.65 or whatever.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Chicken Licken the sky is falling! The sky is falling! ;)

S

ssera

simple fact:

roflmao!!!!!!!!!

How can you believe that maybe 4-5 items per SERVER (that's 2000 - 3000 people) is gonna change ANYTHING. Sure, some guilds might try and build a grp around the items, but then they'll all be low RR and still get owned by the first half decent RvR group to come along AND there's only a 10% chance that you get the proc to go off AND you can resist it ANYWAY! STOP F***ING WHINING!!!!

argh fs :|

C

cokeuberalles

It's nice to see many of you appreciative of the work GOA puts into making a better game by setting up events, but like i said earlier, I hope they'll never touch anything that involves game play again. They don't have the slightest clue on what they're doing. The basic design of DAoC, whether you like it or not, is that gear should be a non factor in deciding the winner of a fight, or rather, everyone should be able to get equal gear without putting too much time into the game. In the same context that's why RRs/RPs aren't linear but exponential and that's why we have caps that are so easy to cap. That's how mythic intended to attract casual players (EQ done right). If you're too stupid to realize how powerful one of those weapons is going to be in the hands of a savage against a caster (or worse a rogue but I dunno if there are any) then I'm sorry, you're as clueless as GOA.

"It's only a few weapons on each server. Who cares?"

You're right. They won't matter much unless you put them in the powergamers/gank groups, but they aren't fucking supposed to be in the game in the first place. Why do you think mythic never implemented them? What happens next time GOA organizes an event? Will they give my ment a staff with an insta click heat debuff? Hey there is only a few staves on each server right?

If this was a different game I wouldn't care, but when GOA makes their own decisions that goes against the basic vision mythic have of their game someone need to tell them they are fuckups.

O

old.Tzeentch

AbPoon is a member of Jack Herer on mid/exc, the 'fotm guild' as they tend to be called, and they rvr very regularly, probably daily.

I can tell you, that if I had any one of those weapons as a tank, you'd feel it in emain, day in, day out.

Yes, I'm aware that there is 2500+ people on exc regularly, but it's not 2500 people that I meet in rvr, its the same handful of a (few) hundred.

Many people who think it's about jealousy and being children, you cannot (or don't want to?) fathom how ridiculous these procs are for people who have made RvR, their entire focus in DAoC.

Entire guilds, friendships, loyalties, have been formed around RvR - weapons that allow my tank buddy to get his melee resist negated, and start being hit for over 800 or whatever a pop, are seriously gonna ruin his day.

Please don't say 'you will hardly meet these guys', that got this equipment, you know little of what you speak.

Simple fact is - giving out items that have high util and new procs are cool, ONLY if they are balanced.. jeez.. we already bitch at mythic day in day out due to the balance of the classes and realms.. we don't need these wildcards thrown in to screw things in more.

Trust me, give a few of these weapons to Nolby, JH, VGN, BF, on excalibur, and you will soon see people like yourselves throwing their arms up in protest.

D

darzil

It's pretty irrelvant now, after GOAs announcements on the matter, but I think it's pretty salient that the resists debuff is something that procs about 1 hit in 10, rather than every time.

So you plan to build an RvR group around the concept of one person hitting, debuffing, and the rest then beating on the target ? If a whole RvR group are pounding on me, I don't expect to survive 8 hits anyway, so the debuff is pretty irrelevant.

Where it would make a huge difference is in Epic encounters. In the hundreds of time you hits Epic mobs, it'd proc often, and suddenly everyone would find it easier to hit them. That is where it'd really make the difference.

It'd also make a big difference in Duels and one on one fights, naturally. It'd make a difference in bigger fights, but it would be, in my opinion, difficult to base a group around that effectively. If it were an AE debuff, maybe, or if it hit 100% of the time, but that'd be silly.

Darzil

T

Tesla Monkor

I doubt those weapons will make much difference in Epic encounters as well. Mobs that high will just resist the proc.

When they do land it'll be nice. But not something to bet the farm on. ;)

O

o_O

so its overpowereing for enchanters to be able to debuff their own dammage so they cap the baseline nuke.

But for tanks to debuff their own dammage type and cap their hits is perfectly ok?

O

old.Tzeentch

Don't be an ass on purpose.

This has nothing to do with Mythic, and everything to do with GOA.

The mana chanter is not GOAs responsibility, and arguing class balance in this thread will lead nowhere.
(edit: apologies, I read wrong)

The difference those weapons will make is - I can be hit for 500+ right now, currently, with max resists.

You wanna do the math how many times a person who hits like that, will swing in a single 8v8 encounter?

So it's ok, that every ten swings he will put a caster down to perhaps 10% HPs ?

Or take off 40% of a tank's HP ?

Guys, RvR is built around these dynamics, your teamwork, and your class setup, balance.

Why implement something that can negate your resists totally, without any penalty?

However, I get the feeling I am simply talking now to the 'casual' RvR people, or the PvE folk and I'm just wasting my breath here.

E

ele

IMO make the weapons useless but available to hand in to an NPC for a free housing deed at the and of the campaign. Then everyone can get on and play the game who didn't get one, and the lucky people who got the drops have a free house. Just an idea for the introduction of Foundations :)

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by svartmetall
They are Dragon drops, not Campaign drops.
Read the thread more carefully and learn spelling and grammar while you're about it, Mr. Txt Boi.

We will get those new drops in 1.65 or whatever.

OK Mr I Will Use Capitals For Inappropriate Words And Anything That I Feel Like

Pedantic twat

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by living
ya, remove stats and make em possible to SC and alch :) just the looks are enough reward

And let them have 40% bonus or something ?

This is fooking insane.

T

Tranquil-

Helo, I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if you know, but do you guys realize that the debuffs only debuff up to -26%?

The reason they are listed as 50% debuffs are for GOA to be sure that they overwrite any other debuff spell that may be in effect at that moment.

If this is old news, ignore meh.

*poof*

S

ssera

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Helo, I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if you know, but do you guys realize that the debuffs only debuff up to -26%?

The reason they are listed as 50% debuffs are for GOA to be sure that they overwrite any other debuff spell that may be in effect at that moment.

If this is old news, ignore meh.

*poof*

Erm... no.

The debuff spells were 50% (and so would take someone into negative resists if they didn't have 50%+ resists when they got debuffed). This was quickly changed to something like 25% debuff which still makes the weapons very powerful, but not overpowering like they were (though I still don't see how it would have "destroyed RvR completely" like some people think). Moot point now anyway.

It's the self buff procs on the armour that are set to 50% so that they overwrite any buffs you have. That means if you have 70% buffs in a particular resist (through items, shammy buffs etc) then when your armour procs it will actually go DOWN to 50% and not up to 120%.

H

Harhr

i made the 200th post.

damnit overpowered weps/armor to stay on topic

A

amazingsteve

example of gross miss managment by goa.

Bye!

G

Graknak

did i miss something? pet procs? gifv screen, tbh that should be a fixed proc, or a charge only made one by alchemists, a stick, a sword or a hammer pet for each type of melee dmg one, would be awsome, something diff then DoT's and practically the same...

S

ssera

Originally posted by Graknak
did i miss something? pet procs? gifv screen, tbh that should be a fixed proc, or a charge only made one by alchemists, a stick, a sword or a hammer pet for each type of melee dmg one, would be awsome, something diff then DoT's and practically the same...

not quite sure if this is what you mean but:

the Double Blade drop procs another sword which hits your enemy too, hit about 6 or 7 times before it vanished again. The sword is 2.1 spd so proc must last 15secs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom