50%debuff claws and other stuffs dropped from event!???

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by Goryk
At least you can't crit on these 50% debuffs like certain classes *cough* chanter/cabby/runie *cough* :p still would like to see them reduced to 20% at most, or leave them at 50% but have the duration be extremely short (enough for 1 hit with the debuff on... then you can only get huge benefits by teamwork and ganking the same guy at the same time)

Champions can get wild arcana, so yes, if a champ gets one of these weapons he can debuff for up to -99% melee resists, which is pretty much guaranteed cap damage on every hit for any tank/hybrid class, druids and bards might not quite hit cap then still tho, so it's balanced!!! :rolleyes:

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by sauna-
remove these items and stop creating your own, or if you're gonna create your own items GOA then don't make them the best ones in the game, k? tanks are good enough today without needing 50% debuff for their own dmgtyp.

Odd, I dont remember the last time a Blademaster said an Armsman was good enough....

S

Solarius

Why not just make them PvE only? Not sure if thats possible either, but if the proc only worked against mobs, would make the RvR concerns less and still keep the people who got these items fairly (though not necessarily totally) happy!

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by warlock_es
I dont hide behind zero-sized signature.

Erm I hide behind my name, quinthar....perhaps you should look further than your nose...

So when you suddenly realise my nick is my in game name, what amazing difference is that going to make to the fact your going to leave the game because its <insert kevin voice here> Its all sooooo uuunnnffaaaaaiiirrr!!!!

G

Gamah

Originally posted by hotrat
There is a hauberk with 50% group body buff that lasts 10 mins, very overpowered as body resist reduces CC duration. Even more so if it stacks with resist buffs.

pm

N

)nick(

Originally posted by Hargh
Please answer the question why YOU think you are being forced out of the game.

Read the thread again and you'll see that the consensus, which I agree with, is that if they are exposed to them in RVR they would rather STOP playing the game.

A

amuse

GOA... instead of making these OWERPOWERD procs on weapons, why dont u start working on the necro bugs, even just the proc/charge bug! and make those shield/heal/regen/stat procs/charges work on the pet...

use ur time on thatn, isntead of these items... and make them visualy uber, like a unique design or/and glow... maybe with slightly bether stats etc... and make it so that every1 gets something, not just a few persons.. ok, only a few might get the "uber items" , but give us others some nice reward.. cash/not that uber item/ something that is given only at a even, but to every1

S

Sharma

When i see people saying "if i got one of these i wouldnt use it" i can only giggle.

Of course you would use it, who wouldnt want a 50% debuff to their own damage type?

"Players who want a challenge" gimme a break. If you got one of thse you would use it, because everyones only human.

G

GregorFlambasto

I think GOA should reclaim the drops and replace them with mini buses or mobile homes. Would be more enjoyable for both friend and foe to see people driving round in their shiny new vechiles. You could even colour them with various enamels and get them emblemed too to make it a guild vechile. Seriously though dont give GOA too hard a time, they made an enjoyable quest for all 3 realms to play. Everyone makes mistakes afterall, I for instance play the euro version of DAOC ;) .

Oh and my GM got one of the drops too :)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Jiggs
i wont rvr if they stay in game as it is, anyone who can't see this as stupidly overpowered is an idiot.

and yes if i had one i would either let it decay or just never use it..

where is the challenge in winning by using these weapons?

some of them had interesting procs/charges: serenity 5 on a caster staff and a triple wield proc on a blades weapon: these are nice/ok/interesting/fun

50% debuffs are totally retarded.

Where is the challenge in zerging?, where is the challenge in using a necro or Cabi to pwr lvl?, where is the challenge in killing people at an event?, where is the challenge in 1FG of NP killing a solo player?....the list is endless...

All the above are done on a regular basis yet we all continue to play.

As for the procs and debuffs I'll let somebody argue the case weather its good or bad, I'm indifferant to it.

O

old.Tzeentch

I'm generally happy with GOA, even with all you haters, but this is something incredibly severe and ill conceived.

Nicolas is right, these items need to be changed, severely, or removed totally.

This is really something I would actually cancel my sub over, and I'm not one of your typical 'omg they nerfed my class time to cancel my entire guilds accts' kinda people.

W

Wai

agree with the comments by sharma bout the ppl who sed tif they got a drop they would not use it... simple fact is u would. Saying u wouldn't use a weapon just because it is uber is like saying u won't kill ppl in epic cos u have sc and therefore are better equipped.

Its human tbh. U get a new weapon its powerful makes your job alot easier and makes it more fun for u... but u can still die though.

Imo if i got one of em drops i'd use it non stop till i broke it eventually... and if anyone gets one of em drops and kills me with it then gj to them imo. Good idea by goa only prob is that u get these ppl there who decide to try to kill others non stop or have not learnt anything else but ae spells

L

lissandra

If I meet anyone with theese ubers in rvr I think I will quit EU daoc and go to US, if so GOA has shown so much incompetence they are not worthy of my money anymore. TBH should do it now if I only had a US account because of the recent farse.

N

ning

Originally posted by amuse
GOA... instead of making these OWERPOWERD procs on weapons, why dont u start working on the necro bugs, even just the proc/charge bug! and make those shield/heal/regen/stat procs/charges work on the pet...

GOA is NOT Mythic !

H

horsma

Originally posted by painman
would u salvage the most powerfull weapon//armor that u get !! I dont think so..
I wouldent
I would walk around with a big ass smile on my face, thats for sure.. gratz to the reciever of the item's

(to powerfull yes) , (not any1's fault, daoc team cant think ahead)

yes, i would salvage those items. But if you cant undestand why i wont try to explane it to you.

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Tucke-Wai
agree with the comments by sharma bout the ppl who sed tif they got a drop they would not use it... simple fact is u would. Saying u wouldn't use a weapon just because it is uber is like saying u won't kill ppl in epic cos u have sc and therefore are better equipped.

i actually denied alot of duels because i didn't want my gear to be wasted, which is epic, nor am i going to use the weapons, i might be human, then again perhaps i'm not, won't make a big diff though
Why else would i collect unused glowing weps? ...

S

ssera

In a month everyone will have forgotten about these weapons, and they'll be in the hands of collectors, hanging on the walls of their nice new houses.

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Sharma
When i see people saying "if i got one of these i wouldnt use it" i can only giggle.

Of course you would use it, who wouldnt want a 50% debuff to their own damage type?

"Players who want a challenge" gimme a break. If you got one of thse you would use it, because everyones only human.

no i wouldn't ever use it, you are basically ruining someone elses game by doing so, its akin to using radar or some kind of hack:

if u gave me a thrust pole with this 50% debuff, i could build a merc/arms assist team that would never lose a single fight. i am 100% serious when i say that, and anyone who doesnt understand this is not experienced in rvr.

goa have now gone all 'fuzzy' about these procs, perhaps someone at mythic gave them a heads up...

we all know what sharma's attitude to other daoc gamers is so your post is somewhat expected anyway :rolleyes:

R

Roalith

I'm sorry, but I still don't see what all the big fuss was about.

All of the weapons with the 50% proc (I believe) were two handers, with a 5.1 or higher speed.

The debuff is in the hands of one person, and only lands on one person at a time. To land the debuff on every member of a FG of players, you would need to land a proc every time, changing target every 5 seconds.

40 seconds (8 x 5) is plenty of time for you to be nuked/debuffed/stunned to death, as per usual.

All a bit irrelevent now, as they have been nerfed due to the whine.

B

Big-G-

http://users.pandora.be/barbar/screens/eventaxe.jpg
http://users.pandora.be/barbar/screens/eventhammer.jpg

well both one handers for a start roalith, no idea what speed on em is tho

seems crazy the godprocs

mythic shorten the caster debuff from 15s to 7s, add that with buffs/det/resist and ull be lucky to get a single spell off with the debuff, coz yea it is immensely powerful
but in GOA's eyes lets give tanks (who have IP, armour abs, more than double the hits than a caster etc) the ability to do a 50% debuff that lasts for 10 times the period of what mythic see fit.

ok i know a casted debuff hits most of the time and the proc is only a proc, but still my whine is rational!

R

Roalith

Oh, okay, sorry - the ones Alb-Pryd got were all 2handers :p

But point remains - the debuff is still only going to be active on the one person it lands on, if it even procs. This, of course, after evade/block/parry/(p)bt too. Still don't believe it'll make much difference, especially as a group all /assisting on one target are going to do pretty damn well in any case.

T

thewhitedragon

50% resist - HOW AM I GONNA DOT THAT !!!!!!

I Cant Survive Without Dotting....... Everyone Knows That........
Mytic Please Put Out The Doobie U Guys Been Smoking And GET RID OF THESE ITEMS ASAP, u make the mids overpowered as it is They Defenatly DO NOT Need this aswell !!!!

C'Mon Guys lets come back to reality from DopeSmoking Land And Fix This !!

D

Driwen

Originally posted by thewhitedragon
50% resist - HOW AM I GONNA DOT THAT !!!!!!

I Cant Survive Without Dotting....... Everyone Knows That........
Mytic Please Put Out The Doobie U Guys Been Smoking And GET RID OF THESE ITEMS ASAP, u make the mids overpowered as it is They Defenatly DO NOT Need this aswell !!!!

C'Mon Guys lets come back to reality from DopeSmoking Land And Fix This !!

it isnt 50% resists in reality, in reality it shouldnt effect rvr much (the armour that is). As the 50% resists works out as 26% resists as its capped and it takes the place off the buff. So it helps, but the max resist buff you can get is 24% iirc and then it might stack with something else to get 26% then somehow?? Anyway 24% was already possible and now its 26% for 3 or 4 people in a realm. So I dont think the armours are gonna be that overpowered ;). Besides it needs to proc first, which it shouldnt do if you are just casting on the person :).

A

AbPoon

The group proc was a bug it doesnt work its self only.

I have a vest from the event, http://home.aland.net/ma20013-p1/sshot291.jpg imbue wise its 46 points and probley the best armour on excal and it procs a 50% crush resist taking my crush to 60% amazing armour but makes me godlike by no means.

Staffs that drop had crappy stats and a proc of pom 5, a sword dropped that was 2.1 spd +8 sword 18 dex 18 qui and procced a lvl 50 sword pet that you could command for 15 seconds that did about 70 dmg a swing.

Its already been stated that after the meeting GOA had they are going to nerf the debuffs to a lower value and a shorter duration.

I think its about time to bring this whine to a close, its gone way over the top and its a shame that so much hard work from GOA staff )Some were working past 1am to GM the event) has just made these forums erupt into flames and whines as normal.

Anyway i'm not interested in what you whiners say, i'm happy the items are being brought some what into line but most of all i enjoyed a great event, co-op with my enemys and enjoying something that the US players will never have.

J

Jayce_DA

Re: Jeez...

Originally posted by Urgat Rip-Eye
Whilst i agree with the general concensous here... Namely, the items are somewhat overpowered.

I am utterly disgusted with the attitude of a great percentage of posters in this thread. To be honest, i shouldn't have expected more from BW but each day i live in hope.

So? They got it wrong... They (GOA) were trying to make the game a little different for us in Europe, trying to add a little variety to the mix.

Yes, they made a mistake with the items (IMO) and future events/rewards will need to take this concern on board.

But for gods sake, to start namecalling, and flaming for something they were trying to do for you guys (and got it a little wrong) is childish, and damn unapreciative.

People can learn from there mistakes...

Grow up be a little more forgiving.

/clap

What he said ...

W

warlock_es

Re: Jeez...

Originally posted by Urgat Rip-Eye
People can learn from there mistakes...
Grow up be a little more forgiving.

But:
Originally posted by Sharp Thing
GOA's mistakes are becomming weekly t,t

What he said ...

G

geysor

But for gods sake, to start namecalling, and flaming for something they were trying to do for you guys (and got it a little wrong) is childish, and damn unapreciative.
Most ppl who play DAOC ARE children, so of course they are going to be chidish.

A

accollon

For Gods sake, think about what you are whining about.

There is a 10% chance that a person in an 8 man group might get debuffed and hit for double damage. Wow! what a scary idea, especially as very very few people will have this ability. If you get hit like this (ie. mezzed and assist killed) the chances are you will die anyway.

Grow up and enjoy the variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom