3500 to much?

D

dakeyras

Excalibur is depressing at the moment.

Unless you are Relic/keep raiding then the 'end game' is zerg or be zerged.

How much of this is due to population?

And it will get worse.

Lets say on a busy server like Excal at primetime there are 3000 accounts logged in. Level 50 is very easy to attain nowadays and i reckon we are close to the point where at least half of all accounts have 1 or more level 50's.

Even if only third to half of those with 50's came out to enjoy the 'end game' at primetime that is still around 500-750 who want to play at RvR. That is 60-90 FG. Imagine 60-90 FG in Emain/Odin's/HW.

With the design of RvR zones zergs are only gonna get bigger because of chokepoints and high-aggro areas.

Is the time coming to reassess server population levels? I would like to see a cap of 2100 per server with a Realm cap of 700. If 700 players from your Realm are logged in then just go play another Realm another server.

A

Arnor

worst

idea

ever

"Hmm, i can either play my lvl 50 savage with my friends, or I can roll something on prydwen...."

O

oblivion_6

jesus christ!!!!!!!!!

what so we pay for a game that sometimes wont let us play it?

worst idea since democracy

A

arrakeen

Atm i think its to crowded in prime time, but i really dont have a clue what could make it better...

And its not that bad if you stick to other frontiers, problem is just that its only emain that is used in Big scale and some "minor" action in odins allso, HW is just death.. i fear those excile mobs more then albs out there :p

A

arrakeen

Btw to lower the player limit is not the way to fix it :O
better rise it and make a 4 RvR zoone on a other server :)

N

noaim

Start a new server and give the option to transfer your chars from 1 realm on excal to same realm on the new server?

B

Begach

Too late to fix now. The fix was to cap the population BEFORE thy rolled not now. Capping it now will only piss ppl off. We could blame the cash hungry hoe's at goa but even if we (english lang) had 5 servers there would still be one server as a primary with the most population, an i always see it as being excal.

Hindsight is always 20/20 ;)

B.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Arnor2
worst

idea

ever

"Hmm, i can either play my lvl 50 savage with my friends, or I can roll something on prydwen...."

So what you gonna do when 3500 are logged in?

Let me tell you..you ain't gonna get on!

The servers already have caps. My question is that is the current cap too high?

I have experienced the 'server full' message several times in US. It is no big deal. A full server of 3500 isn't much fun.

A

arrakeen

Rise the cap and make world bigger...( Hopefully the RvR patch will help there )
Exc is getting more and more crowded, it would certainly not be a good idea for goa, or for the players that the max would be lower then atm.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by dakeyras
So what you gonna do when 3500 are logged in?

Let me tell you..you ain't gonna get on!

The servers already have caps. My question is that is the current cap too high?

I have experienced the 'server full' message several times in US. It is no big deal. A full server of 3500 isn't much fun.

well, so far, since release I havent gotten "server full"

A

arrakeen

yeah lets hope i dont going to be like camlan in the start :p

V

vindicat0r

I really dont think its the worst idea ever but I dont think u can just go around and tell ppl, sry u cant play your lvl 50 that u workd hard to get.

The statement is true, excal is 2 full atm. the resolution isnt perfect though, if u had caught some of the ppl going to excal before they roll'd and diverted them to say pryd then perhaps it would be a different story 2day.

I dont think caps will change and anyway goa would only see it as a way that they can put us on crappy servers :D

The answer I feel is bigger or at least revamped RvR arean's, I have heard and indeed thought of a many idea's to expand the conceipt of RvR.

The most popular idea I have heard is the 1 fg RvR zone that u port into like BG. This would be basically a Guild's Elite V another Guild's Elite, also u would get the random grps tossed in.

A problem I see with that is, say your grp gets wiped. Fine, u port back and go fight again, maybe in 1 min after ur death, so u port in and run up and fight. This time u win but take some loss's, the ppl killd on ur team are RS worth no rps and indeed ur whole grp was. The other team port back also worth no rps and they kill each other over and over for v little rps. Now for anybody who wants to farm the rps this place wouldnt be so great but for nice battles fg v fg it would be.

Another suggestion is to remove the MG's from every realm.

This would be better but they would have to expand the area wher the mg's wher as they are quite narrow as it is. The thing is ppl would still roam the same routes and u would probably get alot of tk camping by who ever has the biggest zerg at the time. This would be no fun for everybody and the odd wall fight can sometimes be fun.

Again another similar suggestion was to add a 2nd MG for each realm so that it would make it hard to camp.

The most popular MG's would still largely be used I would imagine but its something worth considering.

Before u find fault or disagree with any of the above, these are idea's I have heard / talkd about and are indeed just that an idea so if u have constructive critism plz do say it or if u have ur own idea again share it with us.

D

dakeyras

I think the RvR expansion should focus on 'Realm' oriented objectives. Take the courier missions for example. Nobody bothers cause all they want to do is pharm rp.

Give Realm oriented missions/objectives that give a substantial RP reward.

If all they do is add zones is will do nothing. Within a few days the playerbase will have decided which is the easiest zone to RvR in and will decamp to there.

That still doesn't address the population issue though. We have been just a few hundred short of 'server full' almost every night for the past month, and as time progresses and the avg level of the server increases more and more of these players are going to RvR.

With the sheer volume of players in RvR is it any surprise that the 'zerg' whines are increasing. Competition for rp is getting out of hand. If /c reports 1FG enemy dcx then it doesn't matter if all Albs are running as 1FG..that enemy group is gonna get pounded as every Alb in Emain descends on Dcx. Same I am sure happens in other realms.

S

Snake.ster

bigger RvR zones is the way to go, no keeps in these zones , no guards , nice mobs with like 2x the xp too make it a viable xp zone too.

p.s. 3000 ppl online = 1500 odd buffbots :p

E

Elixir

Originally posted by arrakeen
Atm i think its to crowded in prime time, but i really dont have a clue what could make it better...

They did mention at one point moving some people from a overpopulated server to a less populated server or a new one, was a friday news once i think

G

Glottis_Xanadu

There is no need to complain about zerging in rvr as long as HW is utterly empty :p

But then again, the new rvr expansion should be released before Trials of Atlantis, shame that Mythic is not very clever in that way... Rvr is what drives the game for the majority of the players, so should be given priority.

A new zone with neutral mobs (to start with) for rvr would be nice, one big ass keep in the center of this zone, with several normal sized keeps surrounding it (holding all of the keeps will give an rp bonus of 10% to the players of the realm).
This zone should be designed for zerg warfare, it is the idea behind this game to be honest (Mythic wants large battles).
By having numerous keeps to defend, you will get some interesting battles for sure :)

One could also state, a central server where name and realm lvl are stored, and that you can change realm (keeping lvl and cash) 2 times would also make things interesting :p Just not feasible due to FotM effect though :(
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Niljindil

Best solution to excal RvR would be more RvR content as good as DF.

Now, gifv rvr expansion! :rolleyes:

M

moo_work

most retarded idea ever

when is excal ever at 3500 peak ffs?
oh thats right never.

I've never seen it over 3200/3300 tbh and 99% of peak times it's about 2700-3000

limiting people is not the fix, making more viable rvr areas (v.low agro, good terrain, landmarks, portal from pk -> and etc)

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by moo_work
most retarded idea ever

when is excal ever at 3500 peak ffs?
oh thats right never.

I've never seen it over 3200/3300 tbh and 99% of peak times it's about 2700-3000

limiting people is not the fix, making more viable rvr areas (v.low agro, good terrain, landmarks, portal from pk -> and etc)

Where did I say it had hit 3500?

Think 'retarded' applies to twats who don't read the post, eh?

It hasn't hit 3500 but it will. Look at the stats on the GOA site. 3079 is the actual high point so far and the server is already unbearably overcrowded.

But you seem to have missed the point. The RvR expansion is not going to happen in EU until spring next year. That is a year away almost, so frankly it is irrelevent.

Do you think that over the next 12 months the server pop isn't going to rise by another 400?

Do you not think that over the next 12 months there will be more 50's wanting to take part in the end game?

If we get 60,90,120,150 fgs in RvR then how much fun will that be?

G

Galiryn

so much fun that less and less wants to go rvr, then presto, your down to a low number of people again

B

bracken_woodman

Maybe its just time people started accepting that the zerg is here to stay, in emain atleast. Zerging is only a problem when only one realm at any one time is doing it - if 2 or 3 realms both put out zergs then (lag aside) the fights can still be fun. The way I see it is that rather than listen to the zerg-fascists who would abuse their own grandmother if they had a screen shot of her moving with more than 1fg, if you go to emain don't even try and move as 1fg. Gather an army and look for large battles. If you only want small scale fights then go to Hadrian's Wall or Odins - though the last 3 times I went to Odins mids were roaming with 2fg+, so its starting to look like that's screwed too. I still wish people would give HW more of a run as a 1fg zone. The mantra of "thou shalt not zerg" is just not realistic now with the population of level 50s combined with the lay out of emain and milegates. Those of us who like 1fg fights should be using HW more - and I don't mean taking keeps with 2fg+ and then wondering why no body bothers coming out to play, but actually roaming as 1fg. If people have the patience to do it even though it might take time to get it going, eventually we might have a viable alternative battle ground.

V

vofflujarnid

How about GoA, or whoever are hosting the servers, upgrade the servers to quad Xeon or something. Or make couple of servers and cluster them together.

O

old.Wildfire

Maybe its time people started learning how to form proper rvr groups, navigate by themselves and make their own decisions about where they want to rvr at any given time...

Maybe its also time for the noobs of each realm (so thats what, 60-70%) to take an interest in learning how to play properly.

Woo I love a good rant. Lowering the server cap tho? Erm, no.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by vindicat0r

I think that would be cool, but you could also just put stairs on both sides of the gate.

Tilda

T

Tilda

Originally posted by vindicat0r

I think that would be cool, but you could also just put stairs on both sides of the gate.

Tilda

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Maybe its time people started learning how to form proper rvr groups, navigate by themselves and make their own decisions about where they want to rvr at any given time...

Maybe its also time for the noobs of each realm (so thats what, 60-70%) to take an interest in learning how to play properly.

Plenty of us do - but the reality is that emain will always be the home of the zerg and mouthing off at people in a game for being in more than 2fg in emain (which is only one part of the hib frontier...) is pointless. When you don't want large scale fights don't go to emain, if you DO go to emain then assume you will meet large numbers of enemy and act accordingly. Trying to roam round emain as 1fg then whining about being zerged is just plain daft, whichever realm they are from.

N

nalistah

should be more then one TK per frontier/realm.. like 4-5 :p and no darn MG's ofc.

C

censi

IF you could spread all the active RVR'er accross all 3 realm frontiers, RVR would be a pure online orgasm (ok not quite) but it would be...... err..... good.

ATM emain sucks, odins is ok/good.
and hadrians is.... erm.... empty?

L

loxleyhood

I think Hadrian's is slowly start to populate, but mids and hibs need to stop whining that Albs are never there, you have the tks there, just port, fight each other, and the albs will come soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread