Politics 2024/25 General Election Voting Intention (2022)

Who do you currently intend to vote for in the next UK general election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • DUP

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Plaid Cymru

• SDLP

• Green

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other

• Total voters

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Private schools?
Vast majority are populated by the middle classes. I have friends at work who's kids go to fee-paying schools. There's a tiny amount for the uber-rich.

I disagree with them because if uber-rich peoples kids had to go to state schools they'd do one of two things: either make sure schools weren't shit or leave the country for somewhere with better education.

Of course, option B would be taken - rich people might be convinced to pay more taxes, but they will never compromise on their kids education.

So this policy will hurt the people I know - people who spend an inordinate amount of their monthly takehome to try to give the best education they can to their kids, rather than going on expensive holidays.

I'm neutral on the topic I guess. I disagree with private education, but the policy will only result in lower middle class kids having a less good education (and more foreign holidays rather than camping trips). Fucking nothing at all will change for the masses.

But then, that's what Labour is all about isn't it? Fiddling with the income of the working middle classes, doing absolutely nothing about the structural problems that are the root cause of our difficulties, and making more words and opinions taboo.

Just you wait until Labour abolishes higher-rate tax relief on pensions.

"Oh! You can afford to save for your future, Mr middle-class manager? Well, we'll be having some of that.

No. No we won't be doing anything about billionaires."

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Vast majority are populated by the middle classes. I have friends at work who's kids go to fee-paying schools. There's a tiny amount for the uber-rich.

I disagree with them because if uber-rich peoples kids had to go to state schools they'd do one of two things: either make sure schools weren't shit or leave the country for somewhere with better education.

Of course, option B would be taken - rich people might be convinced to pay more taxes, but they will never compromise on their kids education.

So this policy will hurt the people I know - people who spend an inordinate amount of their monthly takehome to try to give the best education they can to their kids, rather than going on expensive holidays.

I'm neutral on the topic I guess. I disagree with private education, but the policy will only result in lower middle class kids having a less good education (and more foreign holidays rather than camping trips). Fucking nothing at all will change for the masses.

But then, that's what Labour is all about isn't it? Fiddling with the income of the working middle classes, doing absolutely nothing about the structural problems that are the root cause of our difficulties, and making more words and opinions taboo.

"Oh! You can afford to save for your future, Mr middle-class manager? Well, we'll be having some of that.

Umm wtf? The cunts are going after pensions which by definition people have spent their entire working life on building up.

Embattle

FH is my second home
See Sunak kicked himself in the nuts again by leaving the D-Day anniversary early, does someone who leads our country need to be told it would be a bad idea to leave early so you can do an election interview.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
An interview that apparently no.10 arranged. Not ITV.

I'm tempted to think that there's some scheming going on and that this is all part of a plan, but it's more likely to me that they're just fucking morons.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Sorry but you can’t keep going on about the better off not getting taxed then complain when it might hit someone you know. The super-rich use private schools as well as the aspirational middle. It will hit both. Tough.

That VAT thing is a tax cutout for private schools that they do not deserve. If people still want to pay for it after they are made to pay the tax they should owe then fine.

Also, ending non-dom status. Other things probably too but I’ve not looked into the details as there’s no way I’m voting Tory unless Starmer gets caught noncing a baby rhino.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
there’s no way I’m voting Tory unless Starmer gets caught noncing a baby rhino.
Absolutely. I'm not advocating anyone does.

However, Labour will NOT go after the super rich in anything approaching a meaningful fashion. They'll go after the middle, like they always do. Yet the super rich will still have an effective tax rate of fuck all.

Labour's not anything to do with Labour and working people. Labour's about cowardice and holding those who want to provide for themselves through their own hard work back.

Umm wtf? The cunts are going after pensions which by definition people have spent their entire working life on building up.
Nah. I'm putting a quid on labour making it harder for people to save into a pension - not take money out of their pension. The take-out rules won't change, but they'll just take more money off people in the higher-rate tax band by taxing their pension contributions.

Of course, they won't touch the ultra high net worth people who don't need a pension. They'll just come for the people who want to do the right thing and save for their retirement.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think Starmer did the lawyer thing of letting Sunak lie and lie again. He did similar to Boris Johnson in parliament.

And now the story isn't about this 2 grand tax increase, it's about Sunak lying. The man is a useless politician.

Heh mot people forget Starmer has a lawyer background :p I never expected one of them to Sunak LOL

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Absolutely wild interview with Richard Holden yesterday, "car crash" doesn't do it justice...

...and when the Tory press office was asked for a comment...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Absolutely. I'm not advocating anyone does.

However, Labour will NOT go after the super rich in anything approaching a meaningful fashion. They'll go after the middle, like they always do. Yet the super rich will still have an effective tax rate of fuck all.

Labour's not anything to do with Labour and working people. Labour's about cowardice and holding those who want to provide for themselves through their own hard work back.

The tories just dragged millions more working and middle class into a stealth tax dragnet, while simultaneously claiming to have cut taxes.
Labour are fighting with one hand tied behind their backs however due to the murdoch/billionaire media that swings our electoral/media landscape hard right to their "Wealth creator" billionaire chums, that will never blast the tories for this in the way they would labour.

Meanwhile the tories were floating scrapping inheritance tax for the landed gentry among us to save them having to offshore their wealth to avoid taxes.

Tell me more about how the tories are for the working man.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
An interview that apparently no.10 arranged. Not ITV.

I'm tempted to think that there's some scheming going on and that this is all part of a plan, but it's more likely to me that they're just fucking masons.

Alternate plot twist

Wij

I am a FH squatter

The tories just dragged millions more working and middle class into a stealth tax dragnet, while simultaneously claiming to have cut taxes.
Labour are fighting with one hand tied behind their backs however due to the murdoch/billionaire media that swings our electoral/media landscape hard right to their "Wealth creator" billionaire chums, that will never blast the tories for this in the way they would labour.

Meanwhile the tories were floating scrapping inheritance tax for the landed gentry among us to save them having to offshore their wealth to avoid taxes.

The effective marginal tax rate between £100,000 and £125,000 is 60%.

Fuck IR35. It's designed to make companies use offshore resources (like, say, Infosys) instead of independent contractors.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Labour aren't reversing fiscal drag are they? They've committed to it.

They've a hole in the finances, and they will raise some taxes to fill it.

I've never said I'm pro-Tory. Just don't vote fucking labour if you're looking for any sort of real change.

They're exactly as described - and the longer the campaigning goes on the more it looks exactly like that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The effective marginal tax rate between £100,000 and £125,000 is 60%.

Fuck IR35. It's designed to make companies use offshore resources (like, say, Infosys) instead of independent contractors.
Yep. And the only recourse now is to save into your pension.

But it looks like Labour will abolish the higher rate tax relief.

So - anti-work. Whilst the ultra-high-net-worth individuals are let off scott free.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yep. And the only recourse now is to save into your pension.

But it looks like Labour will abolish the higher rate tax relief.

So - anti-work. Whilst the ultra-high-net-worth individuals are let off scott free.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Piddling around at the margins. Less than half a billion to raise over the term of a parliament?

Way to move the needle and deal with billionaires Labour. Wow. That's the fundamental structural reform we need. Transformative. I'm totally blown away. :rolleyes:

Anyway. Lets see if they actually do it. (It was the Republicans who made headway with this in the US, not the Dems, btw).

And lets also see if Labour don't abolish tax relief on pensions.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I was tempted to pop over to Silverstone (about 10 miles away) and throw my shoe today. But then I thought I might actually throw my steel toecapped boot at him.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Piddling around at the margins. Less than half a billion to raise over the term of a parliament?

Way to move the needle and deal with billionaires Labour. Wow. That's the fundamental structural reform we need. Transformative. I'm totally blown away. :rolleyes:

Anyway. Lets see if they actually do it. (It was the Republicans who made headway with this in the US, not the Dems, btw).

And lets also see if Labour don't abolish tax relief on pensions.

Im not sure why you keep moaning about Labour not being lefty enough, it's pretty clear you don't go after the billionaires or they won't get elected.

I'm hoping Farage does become Tory leader after this election so Labour can go more to the left in that regard, but then again he paints himself as the anti banker banker

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't mind Labour not being "lefty" particularly @Gwadien. It's just that they're the Tories with more moralising and willingness to kick the working middle class - who tend to pay a higher proportion of their income in tax than anyone else.

What's the point of Labour if they don't offer any real solutions? In fact, more than that, their lack of solutions are a hand - one that's opening the door to the populist farages of this world.

If the inequalities of wealth aren't corrected - something Labour won't do - then we'll go further and further 'right' - as traditional Labour voters turn to the populists to "do something".

Brexit was the lesson - but nobody is listening. Least of all Labour.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Green Party have made some peculiar choices.

How about they triple the "high earner" amount to 150k, double the percent after 10m, and 4x after 1bn. (Profits gained via CGT over, not just a "yolo" tax). I don't mind paying more NI as long as it's used properly, but don't bung me in with the FAANG devs on 2x+ my salary and then call me a "high earner"

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Green Party have made some peculiar choices.

How about they triple the "high earner" amount to 150k, double the percent after 10m, and 4x after 1bn. (Profits gained via CGT over, not just a "yolo" tax). I don't mind paying more NI as long as it's used properly, but don't bung me in with the FAANG devs on 2x+ my salary and then call me a "high earner"

Probably as they are similar to Reform and not going to get more than 1 or 2 seats - thank God - so they can promise free unicorns for all by additional taxes on biscuits.

Although they have inadvertently proposed slashing fuel duty, which is quite amusing.

Personally I'm calling this the "Head or Gut" election. In 1991s classic film The Last Boy Scout, Bruce Willis would quip "head or gut" before punching someone, asking if they want punched in the head or the stomach.

Similar to the choice on offer on July 4th tbh.

Although I notice my constituency has a Monster Raving Loony option....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
?? Linky :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Probably as they are similar to Reform and not going to get more than 1 or 2 seats - thank God - so they can promise free unicorns for all by additional taxes on biscuits.

Although they have inadvertently proposed slashing fuel duty, which is quite amusing.

Personally I'm calling this the "Head or Gut" election. In 1991s classic film The Last Boy Scout, Bruce Willis would quip "head or gut" before punching someone, asking if they want punched in the head or the stomach.

Similar to the choice on offer on July 4th tbh.

Although I notice my constituency has a Monster Raving Loony option....

I think Reform has 15 councillors across the country. Greens have 812. Not MPs and not in government, but at local level, that many councillors has a big effect.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think Reform has 15 councillors across the country. Greens have 812. Not MPs and not in government, but at local level, that many councillors has a big effect.
Yet Reform gets the coverage...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yet Reform gets the coverage...

Likely because they're the ones whose vote splitting will ruin a long-established party. Not because they'll actually gain any MPs. I'll be amazed if they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom