Politics 2024/25 General Election Voting Intention (2022)

Who do you currently intend to vote for in the next UK general election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • DUP

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

• SDLP

• Green

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other

• Total voters

Embattle

FH is my second home
The Lettuce is gone as well, now she can go support Trump.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah. Apparently Jeremy Corbyn won more votes than Starmer.

What a ringing endorsement of our new zionist war crime supporter!

Tories rightfully took a mauling. But methinks a landslide of this size, a swing of so many seats when you've lost votes is a massive argument for systemic reform.

Of course, we won't get it - all the parties want voting reform until they actually get in.

Looking forward to Labour introducing votes for 16 year olds in their flavour of gerrymandering.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ah. Apparently Jeremy Corbyn won more votes than Starmer.

What a ringing endorsement of our new zionist war crime supporter!

Tories rightfully took a mauling. But methinks a landslide of this size, a swing of so many seats when you've lost votes is a massive argument for systemic reform.

Of course, we won't get it - all the parties want voting reform until they actually get in.

Looking forward to Labour introducing votes for 16 year olds in their flavour of gerrymandering.

🥱

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
SNP utterly fucked. DUP utterly fucked, Nigel Farage will have to do a bit of work for a change (he'll hate actually being an MP), stupid Gaza independents will be weaponised for anti-Muslim feeling.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Other than 90% of them thinking Green should win, I don't see a problem with that. Their opinion counts too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nigel Farage will have to do a bit of work for a change (he'll hate actually being an MP)
Actually, I think he'll fucking love it. It'll be like when he was an MEP.

He'll stand up in Parliament and call everyone a shower of shit, tell them they're all wrong and effectively smugly stroke his own cock ego whilst basking in the light of the small amount of arseholes who support him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Those are some special kind of blinkers you guys are wearing there.

I'm discussing the result of the election, on the actual day of the election.

More people voted for Corbyn in the "worst result for Labour ever" than voted for Starmer in this new landslide.

That fact is important to bear in mind when you actually think about what's going on when Starmer waves through legislation unopposed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Other than 90% of them thinking Green should win, I don't see a problem with that. Their opinion counts too.
To be fair, I think half the population's opinion counts for dick, so fucking retarded that they are, so adding a stack of kids who are still experimenting with what sort of clothes they want to wear and asking them to vote on economics and pension reform is just ticketty-boo :)

But Labour will do it to pick up votes, no more no less.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hey. New figures - turns out I might end up wrong!:

• 2023 (latest figures): 410 seats, 33.9% vote share
  • 2019: 202 seats, 32.1% vote share
  • 2017: 262 seats, 40.0% vote share
  • 2015: 232 seats, 30.4% vote share
  • 2010: 258 seats, 29.0% vote share
Stalin might beat out Corbyn by a % or so!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Those are some special kind of blinkers you guys are wearing there.

I'm discussing the result of the election, on the actual day of the election.

More people voted for Corbyn in the "worst result for Labour ever" than voted for Starmer in this new landslide.

That fact is important to bear in mind when you actually think about what's going on when Starmer waves through legislation unopposed.

It has more to do with your usual tendency to try and bore us to death with your view, you've made clear over and over you don't like Starmer or this version of Labour.

You stick to the Greens who have managed a mighty 4 MPs, which is the same number of MPs as Reform but with less than half their share of the vote.

DaGaffer

Actually, I think he'll fucking love it. It'll be like when he was an MEP.

He'll stand up in Parliament and call everyone a shower of shit, tell them they're all wrong and effectively smugly stroke his own cock ego whilst basking in the light of the small amount of arseholes who support him.
He'll get to "stand up in Parliament" once, after that he's a back bencher with far fewer rights to speak than he had as an MEP, and he's supposed to do proper constituency work as well (good luck with that). As an MEP he was just a troll, it really doesn't work that way in Westminster.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
To be fair, I think half the population's opinion counts for dick, so fucking retarded that they are, so adding a stack of kids who are still experimenting with what sort of clothes they want to wear and asking them to vote on economics and pension reform is just ticketty-boo :)

But Labour will do it to pick up votes, no more no less.

I mean based on some of the Reform votes I'd rather have that.. Some kids are probably more aware than some adults.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He'll get to "stand up in Parliament" once, after that he's a back bencher with far fewer rights to speak than he had as an MEP, and he's supposed to do proper constituency work as well (good luck with that). As an MEP he was just a troll, it really doesn't work that way in Westminster.
To be fair, I doubt he'll do any work.

Maybe that'll do for him - he'll step down again? But he does claim to have aspirations for taking over the Tory party and the amount of vote share they took off the Tories this time cost them real seats I suspect.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It seems the markets have shrugged and carried on, not that unexpected.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It has more to do with your usual tendency to try and bore us to death with your view, you've made clear over and over you don't like Starmer or this version of Labour.

You stick to the Greens who have managed a mighty 4 MPs, which is the same number of MPs as Reform but with less than half their share of the vote.
The point I'm making clear is that the country doesn't like Starmer or this version of Labour. Certainly not enough to grant them a landslide.

Of those that voted less than 1 in 3 wanted a Labour government. But Labour get 65% of the house of commons.

I know it's been true for a long time and as true as it was under the Tories. But this election shows most starkly how dramatically unrepresentative our parliament is. I know FPTP gives power to get something done to the most winning party. But what it does give is power to do shit that most people don't want. EG: Would the Tory right been able to get a referendum on Brexit if we had a different electoral system?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Interesting story in the Irish Times - predicting we'll lose Northern Ireland at the end of Starmer's second term:

Whaddaya think @DaGaffer?

Sorry for paywall.

I view NI as being different from independence campaigns no matter how much groups like the SNP try to make it seem the same, I am fine with whatever happens in all these possibilities but what I will say is it shifts the balance of any problem with NI from the UK Government to the Irish Government when reunification happens and that is no bad thing in my opinion.

The point I'm making clear is that the country doesn't like Starmer or this version of Labour. Certainly not enough to grant them a landslide.

Of those that voted less than 1 in 3 wanted a Labour government. But Labour get 65% of the house of commons.

I know it's been true for a long time and as true as it was under the Tories. But this election shows most starkly how dramatically unrepresentative our parliament is. I know FPTP gives power to get something done to the most winning party. But what it does give is power to do shit that most people don't want. EG: Would the Tory right been able to get a referendum on Brexit if we had a different electoral system?

There is a large amount of people who are so uninterested in politics and don't believe it matters, that they didn't vote at all. Also, when we had a vote for a different system (AV), it didn't win and as per normal it had a terrible turnout of just over 42%.

The key for this government is to reform several core areas from Planning to the NHS but just as important to get people engaged again with politics, something they may never get any thanks for from the majority.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The key for this government is to reform several core areas from Planning
The problem I have with their planning reform is that they're going to greenlight building on the green belt - which hasn't been touched since the 1960's.

Rather than kicking the companies that build houses - that have millions of acres of land ready to build on, but they won't build on it because they want to maintain a price/profit ratio - Labour are going to rip up our green spaces and boost "growth" by fucking the environment again - the spaces we hold dear.

Edit: As for NHS reform, they ain't doing that without loads of money, so: unannounced taxes. Or they'll just do what Blair did - expensive private finance initiatives (rebadged with a new name, of course).

May I be horribly wrong. May Labour be the harbinger of real meaningful material change to the UK. Restoring our freedoms, growing the economy and making the place more equitable. - But I very much suspect they won't. They'll hit the middle classes and restrict our freedoms even further. And in 5 years I'll shrug and say "told you so" on her - if I'm still allowed to do so.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Good speech imo, let's now see what they do.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Clean up the mess the tories have left them with first lol

It's why, unless they do something really stupid, my vote will be for them next time as well since I suspect at lot of work in their first term will be cleaning up a mess.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good speech imo, let's now see what they do.
First line was to tell us all how much "extra effort" Rishi required to be PM because he was Asian. Really?

The rest was the standard waffle that we've heard before. You're 100% right about one thing though - lets see what they actually do.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I see the BBC is giving more air time to that lazy useless cunt Farage.

DaGaffer

Interesting story in the Irish Times - predicting we'll lose Northern Ireland at the end of Starmer's second term:

Whaddaya think @DaGaffer?

Sorry for paywall.

Well the writer clearly doesn't understand what "UK" means, because it will continue to be the "United Kingdom" even if NI leaves, it will just be a United Kingdom of three not four.

As for whether it will happen, weirdly we'd just been talking about it at work. In theory, yes, if there's a border poll, I think it would be for a break with Britain even if the poll happened today, and SF will be starting on the referendum ground work from this point on. However, the big question is how the border poll would work, because there's no way it could be another Brexit farrago; it would have to be structured as a decisive (e.g. 2/3 majority) vote because if it wasn't, Northern Ireland would be entirely on fire 20 minutes later, and on that basis, it will be a while before the numbers are there, but it will happen I think, especially if the UK's general "non-London" decline continues, and while the Tories absolutely had to be shown the door and given a good kicking as well (tick), I don't think Labour will be be much better, certainly not based on what's in the current manifesto. So long as re-engagement with the EU in a meaningful way is not even to be discussed, and Labour won't countenance spending increases, what can they really do that's going to move the needle?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I see the BBC is giving more air time to that lazy useless cunt Farage.
To be fair - he was one of the major reasons for the massive labour majority - by splitting the Tory vote.

In other news, lots of talk in the pensions industry on Labour pensions reform. Apparently they're spinning up a review. Measures from raising the minimum retirement age to 60 (unlikely IMO) to mandating that pension providers invest a certain percentage of the funds in UK-listed stocks (which would limit growth). The biggie could be flat-rate relief on pension contributions - so if you're a higher-rate taxpayer you'd lose out on maybe 15% tax relief when trying to save for your future. That would be reversed for people on lower income tax bands - so if you're paying 20% you'd get 30% tax back. Labour haven't ruled out that they remain "intensely relaxed" about billionaires, so it's the middle classes who'll end up getting robbed.

Just getting this stuff in now, so when it doesn't happen you can all call me a cunt :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree Gaff, but:
Labour won't countenance spending increases, what can they really do that's going to move the needle?
What's the point of a majority if you don't do anything with it?

Of course they'll do something. I simply think Starmer's learned from the Tories. The stuff in the manifesto will be kept to (so he can say they kept to the manifesto - and are therefore better than the Tories). However, everything explicitly not in it is absolutely fair game.

Carbon60

One of Freddy's beloved
Well the writer clearly doesn't understand what "UK" means, because it will continue to be the "United Kingdom" even if NI leaves, it will just be a United Kingdom of three not four.

As for whether it will happen, weirdly we'd just been talking about it at work. In theory, yes, if there's a border poll, I think it would be for a break with Britain even if the poll happened today, and SF will be starting on the referendum ground work from this point on. However, the big question is how the border poll would work, because there's no way it could be another Brexit farrago; it would have to be structured as a decisive (e.g. 2/3 majority) vote because if it wasn't, Northern Ireland would be entirely on fire 20 minutes later, and on that basis, it will be a while before the numbers are there, but it will happen I think, especially if the UK's general "non-London" decline continues, and while the Tories absolutely had to be shown the door and given a good kicking as well (tick), I don't think Labour will be be much better, certainly not based on what's in the current manifesto. So long as re-engagement with the EU in a meaningful way is not even to be discussed, and Labour won't countenance spending increases, what can they really do that's going to move the needle?
I can't read the article due to the paywall. The current full name is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, before that it was The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, before that it was the Kingdom of Great Britain. So I presume that without an Irish component it could be argued that it should revert to the Kingdom of Great Britain.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
FB_IMG_1720192252353.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom