1.83a - Paladin Love!

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Mabs said:
they can hit most things, as long as they dont have shield spec, parry spec or any other form of defence :fluffle:
Yep thats the case with my valk. Shelved as I can't hit shit ;( Haven't toa-d out of the wazoo yet and can't be bothered, capped most normal stats and skills for now and still hit shit all.

Yes exagerating, I do hit but bloody hell do I miss/fumble alot too. I guess I made the mistake of thinking a sword/shield valk would be fun. Wrong ;(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
inqy said:
Yep thats the case with my valk. Shelved as I can't hit shit ;( Haven't toa-d out of the wazoo yet and can't be bothered, capped most normal stats and skills for now and still hit shit all.

Yes exagerating, I do hit but bloody hell do I miss/fumble alot too. I guess I made the mistake of thinking a sword/shield valk would be fun. Wrong ;(

as a rule i dont try to hit things, just find some casters, stick the pulsing DD on and run round after them interupting them ad nauseam, with liberal amounts of D/Q shearing aswell.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
ANy1 not read this for the valk then,?

- A magical Ablative chant has been added to Odin's Will in the following manner:

30 Odin's Faith: 0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 25 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
40 Odin's Virtue:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 40 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
50 Odin's Temperance:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 70 Magical Ablative, Group buff.

Dont nkow yet what it does exactly but it cant be bad. is is something like a pbt runie but for spell defence then?

Also the patch sais the hits for valks are slightly increased.
i geuss the valk players cant complaign.

Frontal Buff Shear (Dex/Qui)

17 Vindictive Graze: Enemy 0s/0/300s 700 range
27 Vindictive Laceration: Enemy 0s/0/60s 700 range

Frontal Buff Shear (Acu)

19 Valkyrie's Authority: Enemy 0s/0/300s 700 range
29 Valkyrie's Supremecy: Enemy 0s/0/60s 700 range

Timers lowered for buffshearing as well to 1 minute ?

and the lvl50 spear style, most use windmile roundhouse anyway since thos eare the best with their procs.

vav.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Nah yellow shears have 5min and purple have 1min Just low/high timers

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
fucks sake.

Sojourner

- Resistance of the Ancients is now a group buff that lasts for 20 minutes and has a cast time of 3 seconds.

bye bye bombing

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
ANy1 not read this for the valk then,?

- A magical Ablative chant has been added to Odin's Will in the following manner:

30 Odin's Faith: 0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 25 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
40 Odin's Virtue:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 40 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
50 Odin's Temperance:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 70 Magical Ablative, Group buff.

Dont nkow yet what it does exactly but it cant be bad. is is something like a pbt runie but for spell defence then?

Also the patch sais the hits for valks are slightly increased.
i geuss the valk players cant complaign.

Frontal Buff Shear (Dex/Qui)

17 Vindictive Graze: Enemy 0s/0/300s 700 range
27 Vindictive Laceration: Enemy 0s/0/60s 700 range

Frontal Buff Shear (Acu)

19 Valkyrie's Authority: Enemy 0s/0/300s 700 range
29 Valkyrie's Supremecy: Enemy 0s/0/60s 700 range

Timers lowered for buffshearing as well to 1 minute ?

and the lvl50 spear style, most use windmile roundhouse anyway since thos eare the best with their procs.

vav.
I would thing that the lower level shears will be for lower level buffs, so that they will be on a 5 min timer and 1 min timer , but wont remove the higher tier buffs ? jsut what i would guess :)

as for the magic ablative , think of it more like a meleeablative proc from som , that has a 200pt 100% abs Melee proc , this magic buffer is a lower value Magic version of that :)

and for the side spear chain , i would reckon it wouln't be bad in pb groups with you there for cots , you can do more dammage as no falloff from cae you will hit yellows for ~300 pts :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:
fucks sake.

Sojourner

- Resistance of the Ancients is now a group buff that lasts for 20 minutes and has a cast time of 3 seconds.

bye bye bombing

thats actually the change i like the most, helps vs idiots camping with 4 storms, helps vs idiotic dotmines everywhere, helps vs FZduration, helps vs stupid TWF, helps vs alot of stuff I rly dont like, hopefully shorten duration on warps aswell but unsure on that. Think it helps vs AT too?

\o>

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Well its a pulse, So imo its very good to run in rvr groups. 70 is 70 cant go wrong with it imo.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
haste is overrated, just means that the bgbot at the back can now give end as people wont be out of fking range o/ (well better not be!)

roll on 1.83 so I can get rr7 on pala :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Nix said:
You'll be swinging 5.9spd pole at cap speed (1.5s) if you have 232qui, 10% melee haste, 20% haste charge and 37% celerity.

Scary :(

edit: Pallys cant wield poles ofc, 5.5spd sword requires even less qui...

fuck me.

cant wait to see my HO poler hitting at 1.5s heh

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
Sojourner

holy fuck

no more banelord tanks....

That's a huge boost for Mid who can get Sojurners into group easily and a real slap in the face for Albion who already suffer on the resists fronts and who rarely if ever have a grouped Sojurner.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Javai said:
That's a huge boost for Mid who can get Sojurners into group easily and a real slap in the face for Albion who already suffer on the resists fronts and who rarely if ever have a grouped Sojurner.

huge boost only for mid or? What about bards? :) And yes, alb rarely runs mincers. Not that it will matter THAT much, give my merc 37% celerity and 20% haste pls kkthx. ><

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
huge boost only for mid or? What about bards? :) And yes, alb rarely runs mincers. Not that it will matter THAT much, give my merc 37% celerity and 20% haste pls kkthx. ><

Well it won't be hard for a Mid group to run two Sojurners and have the buff up permanently effectively :) Seems the changes are likely to move Albion into more tank heavy (as opposed to heavy tank) groups :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Wow. Albion makes out like bandits with this - they get Celerity and better End regeneration than the middies. I really don't look forward to running into a celeritied Merc assist-train. :(

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Tesla Monkor said:
Wow. Albion makes out like bandits with this - they get Celerity and better End regeneration than the middies. I really don't look forward to running into a celeritied Merc assist-train. :(
Yep. This is definitely one golden shower of love too far for Albion. They do not need Celerity, not with all the realm-unique toys they already have.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I sure hope Shamans get AF spec buff now.

I do wonder how they will put celerity and spec af in Hibernia though. Perhaps celerity on Bards/Druids ... but what about Spec AF?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Azathrim said:
I sure hope Shamans get AF spec buff now.

I do wonder how they will put celerity and spec af in Hibernia though. Perhaps celerity on Bards/Druids ... but what about Spec AF?
Giving all the realms all the same toys is not the way to go IMO. Keeping things distinct and unique is what makes the game special; anything that makes it more like just having Red Team, Green Team and Blue Team is a bad move in my books.

But if they do give Midgard spec AF, I'd actually put it on the Valkyrie. And bolt-range AE mez on the Suppression RM. And plate for Warriors and Thanes. And make Shaman end regen 2000 unit range.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Couple of things I need to comment on here.

And Midgard still has advantages that Alb doesn't have - free 2h spec on all tanks, insta aoe stun, intercepting pets, healing pets, yada, yada. I could go on but it's a discussion that's been done to death in too many threads already. And where are the 6.0 second weapons? The slowest I can find are the Armsman champ poles which are 5.8 secs according to the Herald.

sure we got instant aoe stun, but who use that in fg? do it and you got bms and merc runing around spamming snaring tendril.

i can also name a couple things that only alb have, like charm (dont say hunters), monster ress (sick ability in siege is used right), pet spam (where are you mid pet spam :( ).

also maybe shamans got 2 sec shear, but albs got bolt range shear, in the shears hib got screwed :)

and here is you crafted spd 6 polearm :) http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=13065

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Javai said:
Well it won't be hard for a Mid group to run two Sojurners and have the buff up permanently effectively :) Seems the changes are likely to move Albion into more tank heavy (as opposed to heavy tank) groups :)

tankgrps rox, far more fun fights between 2 solid tankgrps than silly casters. Sure extending castergrps is hard to deal with for a tankgrp (need to push ultrahard) but its simply more fun imo. (and putting down some serious meleedamage on a caster will always be fun for me)

P

Pretarded

Svartmetall said:
Yep. This is definitely one golden shower of love too far for Albion. They do not need Celerity, not with all the realm-unique toys they already have.
bah cmon dude, its still gay, cannot be cast in combat and 15% power cost?>.<
2 paladins means less tanks in assist train >.<

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Tesla Monkor said:

Mercs will be busy playing hump da paladin for celerity :p

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
shamans endurance is constantly on and it does not lower his power, it works when he is mezzed/stunned. Thats why its gonna be staying at 1500 range

Shaman end is 1000 range

Tilda

Svartmetall said:

ah you mean like casted celrity, conc-end, insta mez, insta stun, casted aoe stun, insta-pbaoe disease, Banelord on casters?

oh wait, wrong realm!

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
ah you mean like casted celrity, conc-end, insta mez, insta stun, casted aoe stun, insta-pbaoe disease, Banelord on casters?

oh wait, wrong realm!

You forgot 2s shears and intercepting pets.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Giving all the realms all the same toys is not the way to go IMO. Keeping things distinct and unique is what makes the game special; anything that makes it more like just having Red Team, Green Team and Blue Team is a bad move in my books.

It has always been the idea to make things "Equal but different".

It's equal if all realms have celerity. It's different how they have it.

Midgard: Castable short duration buff on Healers
Albion: Insta cast chant, high power consumption on Paladins.

Equal but different.

(Before the hibs go crazy, let us wait and see what 1.83 holds in later notes).

Svartmetall said:
But if they do give Midgard spec AF, I'd actually put it on the Valkyrie. And bolt-range AE mez on the Suppression RM. And plate for Warriors and Thanes. And make Shaman end regen 2000 unit range.

Please... not on Valkyries. Bad enough that Mid stealthers are forced to run two bots. We do not want to be forced to run three bots. Spec AF needs to go in the Augmentation line in one of our two bot classes, period.

Mercs will be busy playing hump da paladin for celerity

Which is excactly how Aug healers are today.

Healers got 1000+10% range on their Celerity. They benefit the most from -not- being right on top of the tanks, so it can be a dangerous business to go that close to deliver the celerity.

Paladin's -can- function in the melee train and thus their range is shorter. In return they will in a common spec have better celerity. It's a huge trade off for a healer to go 44 Aug, while it's less of a trade off for a Paladin to go 44 Chants.

Hence, most Mid groups will the 30% celerity, while Alb melee groups more commonly will have the 37% celerity.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Tilda said:

oh wait, wrong realm!
Yes, Tilda, it must be really hard for Albs to fight Midgard's pet spam, our stealthing support class, our spammable bolt-range AE mez, our plate-wearing tanks with spec AF buffs, the extreme range of our archers etc etc etc

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Shaman end is 1000 range

the 1000 range is the range to actully cast it, after that its 1500 range to get the effect from the shaman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom