1.83a - Paladin Love!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Pirkel said:
Or just run 2 paladins :p

1 bg'er in the back running end and one 2 hander warlock running celerity on the assist train

2 Paladin groups \o/
Yep, that's what I thought as soon as I saw this. The 2H Pally would probably be Warlord too, and drop Warguard on inc.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:
Yes i understand that, but i still dont see a point in implementing it at all then.
It cannot be cast in combat, it costs 15% power to cast it, if u cast it on inc it will last for like 5seconds, if u keep playing it and do not switch to endurance tanks will run out of endurance, if u try twisting u get oop in 20 seconds. Did i understand everything right ?
So my question is the same, what is the point in it ?
If it would work like others chants, yeah, that might be wee bit overpowered, but at least there would be a point in using it, but i dont see why would u use it when it works the way it works atm

Not everyone runs in optimsed groups, and in a two pally group it'd be very good ?

Darzil

P

Pretarded

Bah, you guys are wierdos, my heart is bleeding everytime we have to give one spot to worse end bot in all 3 realms and ur suggeting to give 2 spots now >.<

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Pretarded said:
Bah, you guys are wierdos, my heart is bleeding everytime we have to give one spot to worse end bot in all 3 realms and ur suggeting to give 2 spots now >.<
Nope.

We're suggesting you give one spot to the Endbot and one to the Celebot :D

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:

Yeah cause paladins are just endbots :(

They're not bg/grapple/slam/powdrain/enddrain bots :(

Nope .. just endbots :(

P

Pretarded

endbot+guardbot at best :p
no grapple/bg/power,endrain on classic xD

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Couple of things I need to comment on here.
Svartmetall said:
So, they're giving Celerity - Midgard's unique melee ability - to the realm with spec AF buffs, bolt-range AE mez, plate armour, and 6.0 speed weapons?
And Midgard still has advantages that Alb doesn't have - free 2h spec on all tanks, insta aoe stun, intercepting pets, healing pets, yada, yada. I could go on but it's a discussion that's been done to death in too many threads already. And where are the 6.0 second weapons? The slowest I can find are the Armsman champ poles which are 5.8 secs according to the Herald.

Svartmetall said:
Humph. Cue Merc/Polearmsman assist trains dealing out on average more DPS than Midgard's tank groups. Half-Ogre Pole users with Celerity will be utterly horrific.
Guess what a celeritied Troll Zerker feels like?

Svartmetall said:
and remember 2H in Midgard does less damage than 2H in Albion or Hibernia - 120% bonus instead of 140%
However Alb tanks need to spend twice the spec points than their counterparts in Mid and have worse variance even at 50/50 spec - the cap is higher but the average is about the same.

Svartmetall said:
- before you even attempt to whine about 'free' 2H in Midgard. 2000 unit range on Shaman end regen would be fair, too, and the silly restriction on >5.5 speed weapons for Savages would have to go.
Shamans probably should get longer range on end regen, but then they also have a lot of unique toys like 2.0 sec shears and insta aoe disease. Getting tri or quad hit with slow weapons on a fully buffed celeritied savage was silly. Which is why they put a cap on savage weapon speed.

Svartmetall said:
And Charge for Valkyries...? RAs are not the way to fix a class; Valkyries don't "get" Charge, they can buy Charge, there's a huge difference. Classes need to be fixed at the level of their innate, basic attributes and abilities - this is why saying that Berserkers are fine because they can buy the Charge RA and can take the Banelord ML path is utterly facile. Blademasters and Mercs can also buy Charge and go Banelord, and they are - at the level of their innate class mechanics - better light tanks than Berserkers in the current state of the game.
The fact that they can buy an RA is a class defining ability. Getting access to Charge is a huge bonus for a tank - it guarantees that you will make contact with the enemy unless they actually kill you first. It's like Det or Purge, it's something that you should just have as soon as you start to RvR more than occasionally and so can be considered to be part of the class.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
chretien said:
Couple of things I need to comment on here.

And Midgard still has advantages that Alb doesn't have - free 2h spec on all tanks, insta aoe stun, intercepting pets, healing pets, yada, yada. I could go on but it's a discussion that's been done to death in too many threads already. And where are the 6.0 second weapons? The slowest I can find are the Armsman champ poles which are 5.8 secs according to the Herald.

well seeing as they were always damage first everything else second, that is no longer the case

so i assume we will be seeing chain armour for zerkers next patch ?

i was always told, and i have no idea if this is true :-
but 2h was 120%, polearm and celtic spear was 140% ?

P

Pretarded

If read chretien's post closer u will understand that they still do pretty much same dmg

noblok

Part of the furniture
Mabs said:
They all use the same formula and the damage increase is dependent on the spec in the weapon line, if I remember correctly.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
chretien said:
And Midgard still has advantages that Alb doesn't have - free 2h spec on all tanks, insta aoe stun, intercepting pets, healing pets, yada, yada.
The realms are different, and that's the way it should stay...I just think giving one of Midgard's flagship abilities to the Pally like this in a patch was over the top. Would you be fine with them giving the Valkyrie group spec AF buffs, and bolt-range AE mez to the SM, and plate armour to Thanes and Warriors?

And where are the 6.0 second weapons? The slowest I can find are the Armsman champ poles which are 5.8 secs according to the Herald.
May be my memory playing tricks on me, I'm sure I saw a 6.0 speed one in TOA somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now; but there's certainly this 5.9 speed one, though (and many many 5.7 and 5.8 speed ones in TOA):

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=16217

EDIT: ahh, found it.

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=5852

Something without spec AF, plate and a 5.9 speed weapon, perhaps? And no defence whatsoever if it uses Frenzy...?

However Alb tanks need to spend twice the spec points than their counterparts in Mid and have worse variance
...and get plate armour and spec AF buffs up the wazoo. It all evens out; we do more damage but you can take a hell of a lot more punishment. It's that whole 'realms being different' thing again.

2.0 sec shears and insta aoe disease
In two different spec lines on a 1.0 spec class. RvR on a Shaman and tell me how great PBAE disease is as a defence mechanism.

Getting tri or quad hit with slow weapons on a fully buffed celeritied savage was silly. Which is why they put a cap on savage weapon speed.
Savage only triple or quad hit with H2H weapons, not 2H. And they barely quad at all any more after the multiple nerfs of 1.65 which virtually killed the class (there are almost no Savages in Midgard any more). I personally demonstrated the post-nerf quad rate to your other half once so she could see the effect of the (over)nerf; not one quad in over twenty minutes of chain-killing in Spindelhalla with a buffed, 50-H2H-specced Savage.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Mabs said:
Confirmed by a dev to a TL a while back: 2H weapons do 120% of base damage in Midgard, all 2H, Spear and Pole weapons in Albion + Hibernia do 140%. So ours may be 'free' but it does less damage. A Large Weapon Hero significantly out-damages a Warrior using 2H.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Even though I _really_ don't really feel like having the whole "omg they're giving this realm this and this and this it's so unfair" discussion ... least of all with you Svartmetal (<3) I do have to say I think it's a shame Mythic are stepping away from the uniqueness of the 3 realms more and more ..

It started with the NF realmabilities and now they're giving "realm specific" abilities to other realms as well ... the impact of celerity on paladins is amazing ... just think of what theurg earth pets are gonna do now in pve :p

Also the fact that it's in a line ALL paladins will take pretty high ANYWAY it can't be compared to for example giving shieldspec to wardens... I thought that was pretty "out there"

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Not like it would improve an albgrp to get celerity instead of theurg or cabalist. And if you wanna drop the friar to get it, your tanks wont be able to use the celerity alot since they die so fast.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Pirkel said:
Even though I _really_ don't really feel like having the whole "omg they're giving this realm this and this and this it's so unfair" discussion ... least of all with you Svartmetal (<3) I do have to say I think it's a shame Mythic are stepping away from the uniqueness of the 3 realms more and more ..

It started with the NF realmabilities and now they're giving "realm specific" abilities to other realms as well ... the impact of celerity on paladins is amazing ... just think of what theurg earth pets are gonna do now in pve :p

Also the fact that it's in a line ALL paladins will take pretty high ANYWAY it can't be compared to for example giving shieldspec to wardens... I thought that was pretty "out there"

Exactly. There were many other ways they could have loved-up the Pally, but this was not a good one; it is unbalancing overall in terms of what realm has access to what. Hell, just get rid of dual-speccing and make Two-Handed and Pole into stand-alone weapon lines in their own right (like Large Weapons), something I've been saying for at least 2 years they should do.

P

Pretarded

Svartmetall said:
...and get plate armour and spec AF buffs up the wazoo. It all evens out; we do more damage but you can take a hell of a lot more punishment. It's that whole 'realms being different' thing again.
How many plate user u usualy have in alb grp?..

P

Pretarded

Pirkel said:
Dunno if it would work tho, pets are not consideret as part of the grp, at least i cant grp dmg add them >.<

P

Pretarded

Svartmetall said:
The realms are different, and that's the way it should stay...I just think giving one of Midgard's flagship abilities to the Pally like this in a patch was over the top. Would you be fine with them giving the Valkyrie group spec AF buffs, and bolt-range AE mez to the SM, and plate armour to Thanes and Warriors?
well, i might just agree with u there tbh. Making every realm the same is kind of ghey.
Maybe i was just wee bit over excited that paladins getting some love after years of being left behind :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
The more they made this game Red Team, Blue Team and Green Team, the less interesting it would be. The things that so often make RvR monitor-punchingly frustrating are also the things that make it special - it's the differences, that are by their very nature inherently unbalances, that keep it unique and interesting. I've played enough Quake Team Deathmatch to know that that's not I want this game to become.

Turning DAOC into Team Deathmatch would be tragic; imagine the same races, classes and abilities in all realms with just a different colour hauberk. What would be the point? Quake/UT/CS/whatever would still do it so much better.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Did not read the 8 pages but im sure there are some whines!

Celerity is 350 Range hence it is pretty piss poor, also it CANT BE CAST IN COMBAT and uses an insane amount of our power to keep running. Paladins are mainly there for end, what the use of hitting quick...if its unstyled due to lack of end (and no one will run 2 paladins in a grp)

The magic absorb is shit its a pulse that negates 2% roughly of magic dmg, we can just use our tri resists and get 10% better resists which stack with other resists.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I guess we'll have to see how it pans out in testing on Pend...it just makes me uneasy. Homogeneity = bad.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
won't valks still have wskill of a wet noodle and spend most of their time still missing everything?

noblok

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:
Confirmed by a dev to a TL a while back: 2H weapons do 120% of base damage in Midgard, all 2H, Spear and Pole weapons in Albion + Hibernia do 140%. So ours may be 'free' but it does less damage. A Large Weapon Hero significantly out-damages a Warrior using 2H.
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/978.shtml
Q: A lot of people say Midgard twohanded does ~+15% damage bonus vs. onehanded, and in Hibernia and Albion (as they have special speccs) twohanded does ~+40% damage bonus vs onehanded. I'm talking about style damage. Is that quite correct?

A: Just as a side note, be very afraid of things that "a lot of people" say. For some reason unknown to mortal man, "a lot of people" tend to be either wrong, or not very many people after all.

But that's not the answer to your question! The answer according to the swell guy who looked it up is "All two handed weapons get a base 10% damage bonus, plus an extra amount based on their specialization level."

Bahumat

FH is my second home
shamans endurance is constantly on and it does not lower his power, it works when he is mezzed/stunned. Thats why its gonna be staying at 1500 range

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
inqy said:
won't valks still have wskill of a wet noodle and spend most of their time still missing everything?

they can hit most things, as long as they dont have shield spec, parry spec or any other form of defence :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom