0pen Beta 7th September

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well, good thing we can get information from other sources when GOA seems reluctant to do so.....

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair, Mythic don't have it up on their site at present either, it's just come from the EA investor site, and Massively.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
To be fair, Mythic don't have it up on their site at present either, it's just come from the EA investor site, and Massively.

well - lets see who gets it up there first then, of Mythic or GOA ;)

(I'm still laughing at the "early 2008" release date on GOA site)

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
well - lets see who gets it up there first then, of Mythic or GOA ;)

Funnily enough, as I typed it out I pondered adding a line about 'let's see who gets it on their site first' ;p

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
ok good news a solid date for OB

(but what kind of an open beta is 7 days anyway???)

are we just a load test and nothing more.

Does Mark really believe in his game? Do EA?

rynnor

Rockhound
Cool - I should be back from holiday by then and the Kids are back at school so peacefull :)

I'm not bothered if we dont join the closed beta but a brief taster in the open beta will be great :)

Edit - oh and Open beta is hopefully just a load test - it would be a bit late to find many bugs before launch - consider it a short entree before the main meal!

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Its not really a load test either. Its just something to spike hype and please the masses.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
It doesn't mean the NDA won't be lifted sooner but it is dissapointing after Mark Jacobs' comments about the longer the NDA is lifted before release = the more confidence the studio/developers/publishers have in their game. He even gave a sliding scale with WoW at the top which he said he wanted to beat. If IIRC he said that would be 6 to 8 weeks of no NDA before launch.....

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
;) OB starts 7th of september and will last just one week. Not long but atleast we now know.

Look forward to killing/seeing you on the battlefield :kissit:

Warhammer Online NA open beta begins September 7th - Massively

Before anyone says its for NA, its been said by iain many times, NA OB will start the same day as the EU OB :)

well ok but the reason many of us bought CE is the fact that we would actually play the game before the release. 7 days is nothing compared the extra fee we payed.

My only thoughts are that WAR reduced the time of the original open beta, so they can have an earlier release. Why? to release ofc before the wrath of the lich king.

Results? There wont be enough stress tests before the actual release, aka we are going to have a lot of server crushes, or server lags at overpopulated servers, what happens then? whine from the people. Solutions? None.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
ok good news a solid date for OB

(but what kind of an open beta is 7 days anyway???)

are we just a load test and nothing more.

Does Mark really believe in his game? Do EA?

7 days is what I thought it'd be, they were never going to have a traditional "open" beta and have said as much from the start.

It's all good imo. Release is less than a month away, thats the most important thing.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
umm if this is true then looks like Head Start for CE and SE will be 2 days, thought it was gonna be 3 days, oh well.

also if SE isnt available till the 28th of august im hoping the suppliers will be forth coming with the HS codes, seems like its cutting it a bit close.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Would you rather they extended open beta by a month and put back the real game?

Which would you rather be doing - playing open beta or playing the live game?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well, it does suddenly seem like the time-line have been accelerated, so while I'm personally very fine with a short OB/stress test - I hope it doesn't cause problems for live if the network doesn't hold up.
If they identify serious problems with the setup in that time, they basically have very little time to actually fix it in and risk launching an unstable setup.

Felgar

Loyal Freddie
well ok but the reason many of us bought CE is the fact that we would actually play the game before the release. 7 days is nothing compared the extra fee we payed.

My only thoughts are that WAR reduced the time of the original open beta, so they can have an earlier release. Why? to release ofc before the wrath of the lich king.

Results? There wont be enough stress tests before the actual release, aka we are going to have a lot of server crushes, or server lags at overpopulated servers, what happens then? whine from the people. Solutions? None.

1) CE gives much more bonuses and gifts, so the price is fine. check again Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning
2) Mythic never gave in the past any hint regarding the duration of the open beta, so u cant claim that they reduced it. And remember that open beta will be smthing like closed beta without the NDA=lots of stress test, not just free gameplaying.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
1) CE gives much more bonuses and gifts, so the price is fine. check again Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning
2) Mythic never gave in the past any hint regarding the duration of the open beta, so u cant claim that they reduced it. And remember that open beta will be smthing like closed beta without the NDA=lots of stress test, not just free gameplaying.

Enjoy the uber mouse mat and a few other things that will be as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

Free ingame items what use are they past lvl 10 and they will eaither be stored or deleted.

Its a bit like ebaying in game items for real life money but done by the game makers.

SE= £26.99

CE= £69.99

damn that best be some good mouse mat

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh 7th Sept open beta has left me feeling a bit robbed.. I'm sure there are a fair few ppl who got the CE preorder for all goodies, artwork book, figure, mousemat etc.. Tbh I couldnt care less about that stuff..

Im sure there are many like me, who only preordered CE for open beta and headstart. The other 'in game' stuff offered is just fluff. One of the things that Im really excited about regarding this game is being in there from the start. Those who have been involved with WAR since beta will have a distinct advantage over other players, knowledge of classes, zones, quests, mechanics etc. You can bet the first people to reach the level cap, and get into the end game content will have taken part in the beta testing and not some random guy who got the game delivered on retail release. Those with head start and open beta access will have a slight edge but to a much lesser degree.

If NDA isnt lifted soon, people with open beta will still be experimenting with classes, and learning the basic mechanics of the game by the time the 7 days is up. All 7 days will allow most people is a chance to try out 1 class and have some idea wether its for them or not, nothing more. With the current info available, I personally only have the vaguest idea of what class I will roll with on headstart.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh 7th Sept open beta has left me feeling a bit robbed..

Well you're going to feel more robbed when you find out the cap is rank 20 and your toon gets deleted afterwards? You're upset over that? :/

Those who have been involved with WAR since beta will have a distinct advantage over other players, knowledge of classes, zones, quests, mechanics etc.

Not totally true. Remember the classes have to be balanced. We could play a class in a certainly way one day and have to change the next. I still haven't decided on my class for retail even though I've been in beta for over a month!

You can bet the first people to reach the level cap, and get into the end game content will have taken part in the beta testing and not some random guy who got the game delivered on retail release. Those with head start and open beta access will have a slight edge but to a much lesser degree.

Yeah. But how are you going to take keeps? :/

Most of us have proper jobs, I'm sure some student who never tried the OB will still beat me to cap.

I paid £55 for my WoW CE's and I got no extra gimmicks. You're lucky you are getting anything!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Enjoy the uber mouse mat and a few other things that will be as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

Free ingame items what use are they past lvl 10 and they will eaither be stored or deleted.

Its a bit like ebaying in game items for real life money but done by the game makers.

SE= £26.99

CE= £69.99

damn that best be some good mouse mat

You do know there's an art book, an exclusive miniature and a graphic novel in there too?

Not for everyone, but that's why there's two editions :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh 7th Sept open beta has left me feeling a bit robbed.. I'm sure there are a fair few ppl who got the CE preorder for all goodies, artwork book, figure, mousemat etc.. Tbh I couldnt care less about that stuff..

Im sure there are many like me, who only preordered CE for open beta and headstart. The other 'in game' stuff offered is just fluff. One of the things that Im really excited about regarding this game is being in there from the start. Those who have been involved with WAR since beta will have a distinct advantage over other players, knowledge of classes, zones, quests, mechanics etc. You can bet the first people to reach the level cap, and get into the end game content will have taken part in the beta testing and not some random guy who got the game delivered on retail release. Those with head start and open beta access will have a slight edge but to a much lesser degree.

If NDA isnt lifted soon, people with open beta will still be experimenting with classes, and learning the basic mechanics of the game by the time the 7 days is up. All 7 days will allow most people is a chance to try out 1 class and have some idea wether its for them or not, nothing more. With the current info available, I personally only have the vaguest idea of what class I will roll with on headstart.

20 classes, 7 days.

I think you'll probably be able to try em all out, thats likely the whole point of the "open" beta.

Most betas have funky end-of-beta events and it's very common for them to simply give you access to max level, top tier kit for every class so everyone can try em out and have a good old rumble for a week.

At least, thats what I would do, if I was Mythic :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
You do know there's an art book, an exclusive miniature and a graphic novel in there too?

Not for everyone, but that's why there's two editions :)

Don't you also get limited edition in-game character customisation options as well?

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
and the headstart, which was more interesting to me than the open beta, honestly. But overall I got it for the full package, the books and graphic novel especially. And the heads!

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
Don't you also get limited edition in-game character customisation options as well?

Yes you do. And that was the main reason I bought the CE. These unique customisations to your character will make you stand out from the crowd.

Just think about the number of players that WAR will have in a year or so.
Then think about how many have the CE. Seriously unique:worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom