Warforge beta

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
In case you didn't know what it is, it's a "Korts" application I've been working on for Warhammer.

So it's only a few days away from release and there's just a few bits to add for the first release

Namely code for some of the rarer item bonuses and autocalculation of base stats based on character rank for elves and dark elves as well as display of a chars DPS.

It's allows you to download item details from WarDB if you type in the item ID, or you can just create the items manually if you prefer.
It stores item details as xml files for reusability and to cut down on hits on the WarDB site.

Templates can be saved as xml or exported to html, just like korts.

To prove it aint vapourware I took this flash movie of it running ;) (make take a few minutes to load)
http://www.my-ennui.com/latest.htm

Hopefully, you all like it and can give me feedback on any bugs you find and extra functionality you would like to see added.

After I get the beta released I'm gonna start work on adding item icons for filled paper doll slots and code for Item Set bonuses.

Nate

FH is my second home
Downloading!!

Nice one Aiteal! My question was answered by your post, this will be a whole lot of awesomeness!!!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Downloading!!

Nice one Mr. Aiteal! Will it link with wardb or anything like that so you don't have to add items all the time? ;o

You mean pull down your current outfit?
Hadn't thought of that, interesting idea.

Nate

FH is my second home
Hmm, well I kind of meant what you said in the op, but maybe you can do something with the realmwar page instead, that would be cool. I don't use the curse client, and guess a lot of others don't either but most will have there char info on the realm war and doesn't require another app install :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, well I kind of meant what you said in the op, but maybe you can do something with the realmwar page instead, that would be cool. I don't use the curse client, and guess a lot of others don't either but most will have there char info on the realm war and doesn't require another app install :)

ahhh yeah
just pick an item you like from wardb
type in it's ID in the software and it will download all the details automatically for ya

I'll take a look at the realm war page and see what I can do

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
In case you didn't know what it is, it's a "Korts" application I've been working on for Warhammer.

So it's only a few days away from release and there's just a few bits to add for the first release

Namely code for some of the rarer item bonuses and autocalculation of base stats based on character rank for elves and dark elves as well as display of a chars DPS.

It's allows you to download item details from WarDB if you type in the item ID, or you can just create the items manually if you prefer.
It stores item details as xml files for reusability and to cut down on hits on the WarDB site.

Templates can be saved as xml or exported to html, just like korts.

To prove it aint vapourware I took this flash movie of it running ;) (make take a few minutes to load)
http://www.my-ennui.com/latest.htm

Hopefully, you all like it and can give me feedback on any bugs you find and extra functionality you would like to see added.

After I get the beta released I'm gonna start work on adding item icons for filled paper doll slots and code for Item Set bonuses.

It's definitely looking good. Nice to see the community has some dedicated gamers who are willing to invest time in creating utilities like this.
Cheers :clap:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If you can get it to show the proper pictures on the icon slots when items are added, just made the field go green or something. That way we'd know which slots are being used.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Would it be possible to add stats gained from renown skill points into it also?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
If you can get it to show the proper pictures on the icon slots when items are added, just made the field go green or something. That way we'd know which slots are being used.

I was working on that last night, the green highlighting that is
The proper item icon will be part of the next release

Would it be possible to add stats gained from renown skill points into it also?

I could probably add a simple entry box for this
Tbh, I didn't want to go down the route of adding a whole renown tree planner, that would tread on the toes of the wardb guys website
and they have been very helpful with getting the item feeds working

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
I could probably add a simple entry box for this
Tbh, I didn't want to go down the route of adding a whole renown tree planner, that would tread on the toes of the wardb guys website
and they have been very helpful with getting the item feeds working

Was just thinking maybe a drop down box with values of 0,3,9,18,30 and 42 or just "Might I", "Might II" ect. So people can select the appropriate level they have, or intend to have, and see its effects on the template. Doesn't need to have any planning features on it.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Was just thinking maybe a drop down box with values of 0,3,9,18,30 and 42 or just "Might I", "Might II" ect. So people can select the appropriate level they have, or intend to have, and see its effects on the template. Doesn't need to have any planning features on it.

I might just go for an entry box tbh
Because if I add a drop box that only does renown based stat bonuses people will ask for tactic entries like the WH's Brute Force for example

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
I might just go for an entry box tbh
Because if I add a drop box that only does renown based stat bonuses people will ask for tactic entries like the WH's Brute Force for example

Could you not do a tick box for the tactic that changes the value based on the level entered? Or are we getting too complicated here? I'm not really that IT savvy!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Could you not do a tick box for the tactic that changes the value based on the level entered? Or are we getting too complicated here? I'm not really that IT savvy!

I'll get the first release sorted
Then show you examples of ways I could do it for release 2
Can't say fairer than that? :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Regarding Tactics and Renown stats.
Why not have a tab which says something like "extra stats". In there you have fields for str, wounds, int etc etc. You can then enter any number you like. That way I could put in +16str from my renown, and then +160 str from my tactics. I'd add it up in my head and put 176 in there.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Regarding Tactics and Renown stats.
Why not have a tab which says something like "extra stats". In there you have fields for str, wounds, int etc etc. You can then enter any number you like. That way I could put in +16str from my renown, and then +160 str from my tactics. I'd add it up in my head and put 176 in there.

Yeah
Thats pretty much what I had in mind

Tbh, I just didn't want to tread on WarDB's toes by building a competing renown/career builder cause they have been very helpful with the item Json feeds

So an extra stats tab like you suggest and a link to goto the WarDB builder dependant on your character class might be a good compromise

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Good luck with it Aiteal. Even in its current state its awesome!

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Cool! I need this app to check if it's worth having the pvp gear on me or if my green/blue gear with willpower, tougness, wounds actually are better :)

Can't wait for the release!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I added code last night to check for the default icon for an item from Wardb
So when you download the item details you also download it's icon to be shown in the paper doll.

I was hoping to get it all ready and an installer finished today
But looks like it will bethe middle of next week as I'm away getting langered all weekend

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Ah cool, will download the beta and try it out tonight when I get home

grand
I'm gonna do a release next week with a big overhall of the GFX code in it
as well as DPS calcs, a full report on stats and how they effect your block/parry/evade etc
and the ability to search WarDB based on item name as opposed to item ID

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom