0pen Beta 7th September

rsmarsha

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone create an account yet on the mythic account system? None of my pre order codes work when it asks for your code. It says the beta keys should work.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Can anyone create an account yet on the mythic account system? None of my pre order codes work when it asks for your code. It says the beta keys should work.

It is only for US accounts, so unless you have a US version you are out of luck.
We'll have to wait until GOA actually does something to their website.

JeevesFan

Fledgling Freddie
The Mythic account system isn't for Europeans, it's for Americans only. This isn't explicitly stated anywhere and we have no idea when ours is going up, so I can understand your confusion.

Our only course of action now is to hope Iain can deliver the goods and give us a solid timetable. Open beta starts in just under three weeks, so everything must go up soon. There will inevitably be problems and they will take time to sort out. Look at the Americans, many of their codes outright didn't work. What if something like that happens to us close to the beta? Imagine the shitstorm.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
the customisable options is only 1 head per race?
i'd rather have something that really makes you stand out like a pet version of the minature which follows you around but does nothing else

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Don't you also get limited edition in-game character customisation options as well?

yep, and extra quests.

Fluff mainly, but it's important to some people.

As said though, if it's not important to you - then noone's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy a CE :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Why are so many people upset that they won't know which class to play on release? It's an enduring world where you can roll and delete everything as often as you like. There are no guarantees the class you *think* you want to play will turn out that way after playing it "properly" for a while anyway. If people bought the CE just to get OB to decide that then I would suggest you had too much money burning a hole in your pocket.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
Why are so many people upset that they won't know which class to play on release? It's an enduring world where you can roll and delete everything as often as you like. There are no guarantees the class you *think* you want to play will turn out that way after playing it "properly" for a while anyway. If people bought the CE just to get OB to decide that then I would suggest you had too much money burning a hole in your pocket.

I think most people on this site seem ok, check out WHA if you wanna see some p***ed off Europeans.

and by the way i spend money like a man with no arms :p. But its my money.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
I think most people on this site seem ok, check out WHA if you wanna see some p***ed off Europeans.

To be fair the mods are doing a good job of nipping the morons in the bud. That and we're all fairly intelligent and realize we've got the next n'th amount of years to cry about nerfs made to our class which render them useless. ;)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.67 billion :lol:

Felgar

Loyal Freddie
Enjoy the uber mouse mat and a few other things that will be as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

Free ingame items what use are they past lvl 10 and they will eaither be stored or deleted.

Its a bit like ebaying in game items for real life money but done by the game makers.

SE= £26.99

CE= £69.99

damn that best be some good mouse mat

Sorry, but if some1 bought the CE just for an hypothetical long open beta its his mistake only.

I m coping/pasting a today's MJ's post from VNboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Folks,

I'm going to be posting a lot over the next few days but here's a quick update/explanation of where things stand now:

1) As to the type of Open Beta that we are having, I've said for over three years that our Open Beta is not going to be a "Everybody come into the pool, the water's fine!" type of Open Beta. We have never been interested in just having hundreds of thousands of people beat against our servers just so a few thousand can get in. I'm not familiar with any MMORPG company offering an OB where they can support everyone who wants in to the OB. OBs are usually limited in the number of servers/amount of bandwidth that is available for the OB players. If you offer an OB with an almost unlimited number of keys (or keys that vastly outnumber server capacity), you're either really using to stress test your login process or doing it solely as a PR move. I'd rather have an OB where we know the size of the potential player pool and have enough servers and bandwidth so people can actually get into our OB. We'll be distributing lots of keys to our OB with our partners, just as other MMO developers have done in the past. More on this down the road a bit.

2) As to the length of the OB, we have never said that it was going to be a month nor have we ever hinted at it that. The vast majority of OBs run by MMORPG companies have not lasted a month. Is a week too short? I wish we could have made it longer (maybe 2 weeks) but the timing just didn't work out. OB is the last hurdle before the game goes LIVE and with the added Preview Weekend, we lost a few days that might have been able to go into the OB. So, for those that pre-ordered the game, the added Preview Weekend gives you some extra time before the OB. For those that haven't pre-ordered the game and are upset that the OB isn't long enough of a time to tell if you like the game, then I'll say the same thing I've also said for years, then wait a few days or a week, etc. until after the game launches and decide then. Frankly, once the NDA lifts and with the information storm that will follow its release, I can't imagine that players won't have enough time and information to make an informed buying decision.

3) As to the lifting of the NDA and the start of Open Beta, I've been very clear on the fact that the two things are not related at all.

4) As to the NDA, we expect to lift it tomorrow morning. I was hoping it was going to be today but I wanted to wait till I got the beta reports from the weekend and we just didn't have enough time to get everything coordinated with our partners in order for the press release to go out today. This is not the fault of GOA at all, we just had a lot of data to go through and by the time we did that, it would have been too late to put out the release today. As to the three issues that were holding up the release, I'll be discussing them tomorrow. While I wish that we could have lifted the NDA a couple of weeks ago, I'll explain why tomorrow. Given how many MMOs/games don't lift the NDA until launch (or just before or in some cases, never), our lifting it more than 4 weeks (only slightly but it's still 4+ weeks out), is more than sufficient for all the information about the game to hit the Internet.

5) As to the "Why am I downloading the client weeks in advance" stuff, well, it's because we wanted to avoid the situation where we tell people that OB is starting in a week and then people couldn't get the client in time. If we had done that, there would have been lots and lots of posts saying "Epic Fail Mythic, I couldn't get the client in time for your OB!!!!' if things went wrong. By allowing people to download the client early, everybody will have plenty of time to get the client. While I'm usually quite willing to admit when we make a mistake, letting people get the client early is not a mistake, it is simply another way to make it easier for people to get the client. Given the issues with the Torrent solution we used, anyone who says that we are wrong to let people download the client early is simply looking to bash us for no reason.

6) As to how people are going to get the client, as has been speculated, we have added FilePlanet to our file distribution methods. As promised, you do not have to be a FP subscriber to download the client. By retaining both our current methods and by adding FP, we are once again making it more convenient for players to get our game. Additionally, when the game goes LIVE, we will be using our own Mythic Patcher to download updates to the game just as we did with DAoC in addition to other possible methods.

So, that's the quick update for now.

Mark
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for my self I ordered a copy of CE cause of the books and the miniature (yeap, I m collecting and painting Historical and fantasy miniatures).

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry, but if some1 bought the CE just for an hypothetical long open beta its his mistake only.

Well it's a whine that will stop after open beta starts, BUT and this is a big but, you dont try to sell a CE promising for
1) open beta
2) headstart
3) shitroleplayingitems

And in the end giving only 2 + 3, and most of players throw away the 3rd bonus so we just payed for a CE that gives us a headstart ( that we honestly really like it. ).
I have played many open betas, and believe me this is the smallest one. And about the saying that they never promised for a long OB, yeah but at the same time they never said the opposite as well. And, as the typical OB holds for about a month, it's was natural for us to believe the same thing will occur to this game again.
P.S i am in closed beta, i am not whining for myself, i am just saying that this was't fair , selling a product saying half the truth.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie

I m coping/pasting a today's MJ's post from VNboard
-------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for my self I ordered a copy of CE cause of the books and the miniature (yeap, I m collecting and painting Historical and fantasy miniatures).

Im glad your happy with the toys they give away . some people do collect them , i for one dont im 40 years of age and i have 2 kids which both have enough toys hanging roun dthe place for ppl to tread on.

I did buy the game for the open beta and head start. and also the quote you gave came from a forum owned by a outside source.

Maybe if goa had clearly stated that the forums your quoting from is the offical forum i would have looked.

But anyway its all chump change and i can afford to lose it . but it doesnt alter the fact that they pushed the CE version making people think that it was the only way to get into the open beta or head start. coupled with the only news we got was from the US site saying it all started on the 15th with code inputs . and being trusting and little green i didnt relise that the european version would not go in time with the us version like all other games do.

But hey your happy then im happy for you .

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
And I'm happy because Frosty is happy over Felgar being happy!

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I bought the CE just because i could and i missed out on the WoW one.

I dont care about early beta access etc. I just wanted a CE edition for once. Its my money and its only 60 quid. That's what money is for.... spending ;)

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
yes its for spending not for wasting. If you want to spend some more my daughter could do with a copy :p

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
i am also a little unhapppy with only a 7 day OB.

this was my main reason for purchasing the CE.

ah well,

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
7 days seems fair enough to me tbh. I'd definitely not have paid an extra £30 just to get some extra time in the game where any characters would be wiped at the end of it anyway.

peo

Fledgling Freddie
What I'm a bit annoyed with is the fact that he uses the us preview weekend as a reason why open beta isn't a few days longer.
And that is imo very wrong compared to how we are treated as we won't get any preview and still suffer the consequences of it in a shorter open beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom