Fileplanet offering open beta access from the 7th of september.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
US and Euro timeframes are the same.
We will get OB access on the 7th, just like anywhere else.

/edit sounded hostile.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
US and Euro timeframes are the same.
We will get OB access on the 7th, just like anywhere else.

/edit sounded hostile.

Where do you get this from? only way i have seen open beta access for Euro is if you preorder and even then its not certain.

Ypnos

Fledgling Freddie
In the past, FilePlanet have eventually opened beta access to other continents, might happen here. Who knows. :lol:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
There is a statement being made tomorow by GOA, on the site afaik.
Various posts by the GOA reps have been made stating that both the US and Euro have always been slated for the same release dates and open beta times.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
There is a statement being made tomorow by GOA, on the site afaik.
Various posts by the GOA reps have been made stating that both the US and Euro have always been slated for the same release dates and open beta times.

I think you might be missing the point. I'm not suggesting any date for either open beta times. I am highlighting the fact that if you are a fileplanet subscriber and live in (or can make it look like you live in) the US or Australia/NZ then you can join the US Open Beta, for free, on the 7th of September.

If ofc GOA are making a statement on their site tomorrow stating that European Fileplanet Subscribers can join the Euro Beta on the 7th also then i apologies since it is in fact me that has misunderstood you.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I think you might be missing the point. I'm not suggesting any date for either open beta times. I am highlighting the fact that if you are a fileplanet subscriber and live in (or can make it look like you live in) the US or Australia/NZ then you can join the US Open Beta, for free, on the 7th of September.

If ofc GOA are making a statement on their site tomorrow stating that European Fileplanet Subscribers can join the Euro Beta on the 7th also then i apologies since it is in fact me that has misunderstood you.

Oh no, don't worry, I'm just being an idiot :)
Mis-understood your point completely, thought it was a jab at US getting OB before Euro!
Sorry about that!
They are making a statement tomorow apparently, but I'm not sure its going to include the information you seek.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I wouldn't like to speak out of turn, but I suspect folks not yet in the open beta could do far worse than keep an eye on this forum over the coming days.... :ninja:

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
You talk about being a fileplanet subscriber like it's a good thing :p

Ypnos

Fledgling Freddie
surely you miss the word not there and it should read
"lol what's not wrong with FP? "

I don't know, I've never had problems with it. Costs about 4 quid a quarter, can get 90% of game demos, betas and patches at full speed, they more often than not have exclusive access to open and closed betas...

Not sure what's wrong with it :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I like FP hope they have the OB to download too.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I could be wrong but I think you're all missing the point which is that the client will downlaodable at FilePlanet. That is very definitely NOT the same as getting into open beta. I know FP have been used this way many times before for getting people into betas but not this time.

Ypnos

Fledgling Freddie
Well FP is giving out keys and OB downloads to residents of America, Australia and New Zealand...

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Well FP is giving out keys and OB downloads to residents of America, Australia and New Zealand...

Well there you go then. The US (and now it seems Oceana) always did have a different strategy for filling up open beta. EU has been quite different since they are doing 5 language servers and have a different method for distributing open beta keys based largely on community sites etc. They might still use FP but I'm betting they won't.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have a crisp tenner that says the client will be available from several places... not that I have any secret info, of course *ahem* :ninja:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I have a crisp tenner that says the client will be available from several places... not that I have any secret info, of course *ahem* :ninja:

The only logical conclusion is that you keep all the clients at your house and distribute them from the back of a lorry to streets randomly chosen by a intricate system involving several thousand ants.

/edit and for working this out, I should get one. :p

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie

I bet you're right but do you mean client availibility for download AND open beta key distribution??? It would be easy to hang the client up all over the place but will the OB keys be with them...

come on spill it old man!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Absolutely impossible to tell, old chap!!! ;)

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I think I would be willing to risk being publicly humiliated and take that £10 bet if the bet is that FilePlanet will give you access to Open Beta and not just the client download. I don't think that will happen.

Of course that is not based on any inside information at all, just my guess after seeing various GOA posts over the last few months so don't bet your life savings on it and then blame me if you lose. I have been known to be wrong (rarely of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom