Zerkers Post 1.62

V

vindicat0r

After the nerf what will zerkers do ?

Continue on as they are with LA ?

Something I stopped to think about was the fact that Zerkers will still do lots and lots of damage when they vendo but there overall damage will decrease, now this is very bad for Zerkers xp'in up and also for SZ's.

After the nerf, Zerkers who run with a FG as normal will obviously notice a decrease in damage but with vendo they will still do extreme damage. The thing about vendo is ever zerker has it going into battle pretty much ever time. Hell I can remember seeing the same zerker go vendo twice in a keep siege on the stairs up to bled.

Basically the High RR zerkers will be notice the dmg decrease ofc but they will still be powerful while a new zerker lvl'in up will have a very hard time and SZ's will be near extinct.

So this leads me to my main Question.

What will current low RR or xp'in zerkers spec in then?

If they decide to by pass LA totally and go for 2h, then maybe 50 Axe 50 Parry < after defense fix will be nice> rest LA for maybe breaking bt. useless points really

or maybe go 50 Axe 50 Hammer 28 Parry, giving them huge crit's with the chance to change weapon type. Thats an expensive option as 2 mp weap's dont come cheap ;). A good 99% in the other dmg type would do though.

Any comments on this, espically to the zerkers I suppose?

As to why I wont to know, learn what u can from ur enemy and find out his next move ^^. :D

B

belth

Have to say zerkers and SZ's had it easy on the leveling department, very fast without killtasks/twinking/buffs compared to any other melee, atleast up to Thidranki, dunno post that but I doubt it gets much "harder", just takes more time on kills/ding... They still do good damage post-fix, when compared to their Alb/Hib counterparts, just not by so outrageously large margin.

G

Garnet

albs will probably get owned by them still and they will cry for another LA nerf :p

X

xplo

They will still have the best tank dmg output in the game, with a 35 quick zerker now you can do 1000-1500 dmg every 4 seconds, after the nerf it will be 500-1000 dmg every 4 seconds so it will still be good.

S

swords

You are missing the point.

before the fabled ''LA fuck up patch'' where its style growth rates were DOUBLED. LA did exactly the same dmg as CDW but in a different way.
It still did more dmg than other tanks could over time and with vendo they still did ALOT of dmg and will continue to do so.

35% reduction means they are still doing 65% MORE dmg than CDW styles.

So all those people whining about the LA ''nerf'' can come 1.62, try and learn how to use their styles more effectively like mercs and Bm's have had to do for oh so long now.

C

Cawr

Originally posted by Tranquil-
They will spec in uncontrolled, crazy laughter!

Demonstration of new Berserker specline.

:clap:

And I still think that this statement,

"the Berserker will still be able to take on an enemy primary tank and win more often than not - which is a departure from the light tank concept, but is essential in keeping the spirit of the class that is familiar to those players who are longtime Left Axe users."

Is still the lamest conceivable excuse for not fixing LA properly.

L

loxleyhood

/dance

You're getting nerfed! You're getting nerfed! You're getting nerfed, right in the face!

Whereas im getting love!

Sorry for my immaturity, but im usually in the opposite situation ;)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by swords

total damage (while doing a styled move) is down 30-40%, but styled has been decreased even more:). But as I dont know how much damage styled/unstyled a zerker do, I cant say how much styled dmg got nerfed for. It is however less damage than you think :), as people talked about overall dmg (unstyled+styled) and as unstyled has remain the same. So styled dmg has been hit harder than 35% :(.

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by loxleyhood
/dance

You're getting nerfed! You're getting nerfed! You're getting nerfed, right in the face!

Whereas im getting love!

Sorry for my immaturity, but im usually in the opposite situation ;)

Well, LA-nerf doesn't mean much when it comes to any other class than assassin vs. SB.

Whit 2h CB I can 1-2 shot casters, pull critic-chain to tanks AND mincers & scouts that I see whit SH.
I bet after few weeks you wish that those SBs would be SZ instead of CB.
When you meet group of 2-3 CB SB and get 2h pa'd from them, eh...

Only thing that worries me is fights against other assassins.

L

loxleyhood

Actually, I rather prefer crit blades as they have trouble getting past shield and evade. Of course not when they're buffed, but that goes with any spec.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Actually, I rather prefer crit blades as they have trouble getting past shield and evade. Of course not when they're buffed, but that goes with any spec.

Don't worry Loxley, if salamurhaaja loses to you, he will bring in one of this 2 buffbots to finish the job I guess?
Regards, Glottis

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Don't worry Loxley, if salamurhaaja loses to you, he will bring in one of this 2 buffbots to finish the job I guess?
Regards, Glottis

Well, like I've told before, I only have 2 accounts, so I can't use 2 buffbots same time.

Healer+shammy are on same account.

A

Aussie-

And you live in some kind of dream world.
Go ask Creep, Eeny or old Korv about 2h and how much they hated it after the 1shot-Unstealth nerf.
most fights i had were even, the one without IP up lost. PA did arround 700dmg max on our af92-98 armor with shitty resists and yes they had bots too, now you face af102 with capped resists .
and good luck finding solo casters?? or tanks???? :eek6:
won't be long before i see another WTB RS thread from you T.t

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by Aussie-
And you live in some kind of dream world.
Go ask Creep, Eeny or old Korv about 2h and how much they hated it after the 1shot-Unstealth nerf.
most fights i had were even, the one without IP up lost. PA did arround 700dmg max on our af92-98 armor with shitty resists and yes they had bots too, now you face af102 with capped resists .
and good luck finding solo casters?? or tanks???? :eek6:
won't be long before i see another WTB RS thread from you T.t

I never experienced those unstealth criticstyles.
But we shall see what happens.
You could be right.

Atm I'm bored to play my SB and haven't played it for some time (my bro plays it).
I'm kinda look forward to 1.62, it gives new challange, even tho I don't like la-nerf at all.
I was looking for full respec stone long time, so I could spec to CB, but never managed to trade one for me.

P

Pin

Originally posted by salamurhaaja
Whit 2h CB I can 1-2 shot casters, pull critic-chain to tanks AND mincers & scouts that I see whit SH.

I'd seriously advise staying LA-specced even after the nerf.

If you are using 2h on anyone with a shield their block rates will go through the roof if you no longer dual-wield on them. I did a few tests and against my Reaver with 68shield, 42parry and 300dex you wouldn't land a single hit on me with 900 or less weaponskill (i.e. you unbuffed), and only ~30% at 1300 weaponskill (i.e. you buffed).

If you miss PA against anyone with a brain/experience, you're in trouble. If CD gets blocked, you're in trouble. If the caster QC-CC before CD, you're in trouble, etc, etc.

These are (some of) the reasons Creep, Eeny, Korv, etc HATED CB spec after the OSRS was removed.... While it was in, 95% of their kills were casters around groups (sat/lowcon/etc). There was very little chance of being detected even amongst 50 people as the assassin population was TINY (maybe 3 level 50 Infs when the 1.48 assassin fix patch hit EU).

When a solo _anything_ meets a group of 2-3 _anything_ the odds are strongly in the favour of the group.... So errr, congratulations if it takes 3 of you to kill someone :great:

O

optical-

lol dude, you wont have to worry about zerkers anymore.
Wait till you meet the savage heavy groups. youll be crying.
Some of the speeds savages can swing 2 handers at is pretty sick.
We are probably capable of the same kind of damage as a zerk or more. Add to that evade 4 and advanced evade plus tank ra's and you have a very solid tank.

Even the way zerks are now, savages imo are just as good or better, and theres gonna be a horde of us after 1.62 :great:

P

Pin

All I can say is "Thank fuck optical has spoken about savages"...

NERF INC!!!!1

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by optical-
lol dude, you wont have to worry about zerkers anymore.
Wait till you meet the savage heavy groups. youll be crying.
Some of the speeds savages can swing 2 handers at is pretty sick.
We are probably capable of the same kind of damage as a zerk or more. Add to that evade 4 and advanced evade plus tank ra's and you have a very solid tank.

Even the way zerks are now, savages imo are just as good or better, and theres gonna be a horde of us after 1.62 :great:

Indeed, I havent single savage in duel, even the rr1 sava beats crap out of me.
And when they got their hands on pair of TG lifedrain claws...
I suspect lots more TG raids in the future.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by swords
You are missing the point.

before the fabled ''LA fuck up patch'' where its style growth rates were DOUBLED. LA did exactly the same dmg as CDW but in a different way.
It still did more dmg than other tanks could over time and with vendo they still did ALOT of dmg and will continue to do so.

So all those people whining about the LA ''nerf'' can come 1.62, try and learn how to use their styles more effectively like mercs and Bm's have had to do for oh so long now.

fucking retard

wait till it goes live, then come here and talk about how much better/worse then the bm/merc the zerker is, until then, shut the fuck up and have a cookie.

especially liked this one you tool

P

parzi

whine bout 2h savage = look at friar :p
and on all thoose "oooh a savage quads all the time bleh bleh" and stuff, the total hits per round is not higher than dw or cdw. look on vn savage board for some logs if you dont belieebe this.

savage get a lot more single hits than mercs (over 50% are single hits), but they can tripple or quad. hth is also hybrid weapskill.

also funny that noone ever mentions that theese uber buffs cost life, yes, not mana, not endurance, no, LIFE. if you use lets say 4 buffs you loose 37% hp after 30 seconds.

imo savages, with the inc block fix, well be a light tank like they should be. very good positional styles, sucky anytime, and i think they will loose 1vs1 against good shieldtanks.

B

belth

Originally posted by parzi
also funny that noone ever mentions that theese uber buffs cost life, yes, not mana, not endurance, no, LIFE. if you use lets say 4 buffs you loose 37% hp after 30 seconds.

Get buffs and you barely notice them with Aug Con2/Toughness2, etc.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by belth
Get buffs and you barely notice them with Aug Con2/Toughness2, etc.

dont the buffs go from your base hp (hp before buffs)?

N

[NP]ArlaHaren

So much for LA nerf.

For me, a frontloading troll zerk with 35 qui, hitting ~3.5speed, having a cap of snowsquall around 650, LA nerf will hit pretty hard. Since all i count on is the Style bonus for making huge dmg in 1-2-3 hits.
And imo, zerker dmg needed to be looked over, it is too high now.
_but_ never compare frontload zerk dmg vs Merc / BM dmg, since u hit atleast dbl speed, SS dmg shows nothing.

But, for those who have capped qui, uses haste etc etc. Will still be vary good, and with the new buff changes a troll can get up to 400 effective str, so my plan is to redo SC template, cap qui and show every1 that it is still playerskill that matters most.

J

Jergiot

Well, LA-nerf doesn't mean much when it comes to any other class than assassin vs. SB.

Only thing that worries me is fights against other assassins.

oh didnt they tell u? SH getting nerfed to....

J

Jergiot

btw any1 actually knows how bad the LA nerf is? who knows maybe it aint that bad. i mean fine, i hate sbs just as much as any other alb/hib stealther, but, i dont want it to get nerfed to hell so the LA line gets completely useless. just make it balanced.

oh and the ppl saying zerkers should hit just as hard as mercs/bm, thats utterly bull. a troll zerker should, and hopefully will, always outdmg you. with so much more str, why shouldnt they?

N

noaim

Originally posted by Pin
All I can say is "Thank fuck optical has spoken about savages"...

NERF INC!!!!1

"Problem" (for the nerfcryers) is, what should they nerf with a 2h Savage that wouldnt affect other classes which should not get nerfed?

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Jergiot
just make it balanced.

Agreed, balance is all in a game like this.

oh and the ppl saying zerkers should hit just as hard as mercs/bm, thats utterly bull. a troll zerker should, and hopefully will, always outdmg you. with so much more str, why shouldnt they?

Agreed again...and our much lower Dex/Qui balances our much higher Str.

I'm assuming that whatever the real-world LA nerf level turns out to be, that a Troll Berserker will still be the same X amount stronger than say a Dwarf Berserker...race differences haven't been changed, after all, have they?

Users who are viewing this thread