No chronicles in 1.62 ?

I

i-scream

I'm a bit worried.

Since more than 5 (five !) months now, we don't have Chronicles. I really hope that our colleague players in the US don't read this because they'll be rolling over the floor laughing.

In April (http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=956) GOA kept us informed that they were still actively testing and it was a real topic in their Friday news (second topic in the list).

Again three months later, we got a Friday news (http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1139) where the Chronicles isn't a real topic anymore and appears at the very end, really somewhere lost in the article.

I heard that Chronicles would be running again with patch 1.62, but that's not what GOA says. In fact, they say that nothing will happen before, without saying what, when or if something will happen after.

The Friday News of today 18/7, doesn't even mention the word "Chronicles" anymore. This is really scary after one week of testing !

In my opinion, it would be great if GOA could give us concrete information when Chronicles will be available again. I'm not interested if they're testing, I'm not interested when nothing will happen (like they told us in the last Friday news), but I'm interested in when it will work allright. So could you please inform us in a correct way, like paying customers deserve to be informed ?

N

ning

I

i-scream

That's what I said Ning; GOA says nothing will happen until the coming of 1.62. But they don't say either something will happen after.

Since they're testing 1.62 since 1 week now, they could have said if we would have it yes or no. And they don't mention anything, so I have some worries, unless you know more than we do ?

R

Ravenbourne

Goa promise a lot but deliver very little...

A

Addlcove

and again

afair doubleposting is against the BW policy, might be wrong though... but let me repeat my last reply, formulated in a new way so that you may understand it this time!

"the reason for GOA NOT to give any news is probably because that if they do say something that turns out to be permature a whole bunch of people are gonna scream "bloody murder" at them"

Q

Qte Eth

imo they should better suicide before ppl kill em if chronicles dont work after 1.62 :D

N

ning

I think Chronicle will not work just after the 1.62. I think it will be 1 or 2 weeks later because xml has changed since the 1.5X patch.
Anyway wait and see :)

K

kirennia

Anyone know why they don't just use the same system as they have got in the U.S.? :rolleyes: They've had no problems at all and it really shouldn't of taken this long. Part of the reason why I quit my cleric.....had very little motivation to play it. Chronicles was kinda nice to set yourself more goals then just RR; catching someonelse you know up is good fun to keep in the spirit of the game.

W

WardyWonderland

In one of the friday news section it was said that Mythic was confused by the problem and that they couldn't fix it. It was also said that from 1.62 the code that runs the chronicles is differnent. GOA tried to fix the chronicles couldn't so asked Mythic who wrote the code in the first place, Mythic couldn't fix it either. GOA are only saying that Mythic have promised them that they will work post 1.62.

I

i-scream

For those who are still interested in the Chronicles, GOA started tests.

Still not sure wheter it will work one day or what the first results of these tests are.

Thx for this Customer-friendly Friday news !

D

Draupnir

I belive that GOAs game platform is diffrent from Mythics.

GOA havent implemented any of the other offline function that Mythic has, like /GC AUTOREMOVE /APPEAL and others

If the platform is diffrent (might just be language :) ) then this would explain a great deal.

Anyway. GOA have burn their bridges many times over for me and even if they get the XML to work I dont plan to support it any more, you just cant trust that it will remain available and correct.

/// Draupnir
Nolbypride

I

ilaya

now as far as i know, the least broken parser is gonna be used come 1.62.. yay eh? but should give us a better chronicle system.

this is going back a bit mind... unsure what is REALLY gonna happen come 1.62

its a REALLY big issue for hib guilds atm since we cant really tell who is allied with who here without the use of pm's. and i couldnt even free up alliance spaces for guilds without checking if some guilds were totally inactive or not.

really do wish this somewhat easy thing to fix would actually be fixed.. :( instead we get new emotes and hats.. yay

W

WardyWonderland

They need to have it working after 1.62. RvR is the end game of DAoC, its what keeps people playing when they hit 50. The chronicals help in this by letting you know how you are doing in comparisson to others. It lets you set targets, if they don't have it fixed after 1.62 they better have a real excuse instead of <insert some sad excuse about broken code>.

Users who are viewing this thread