Zerging should give more RPs?

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
How about insanely increasing the amount of RP's needed for a Realm Rank, this way fg vs fg combat wont be that intresting anymore because of amount of kills made.

Hold it! put that blowtorch down, i wasnt finished yet ;)

The people who actually enjoy these fg vs fg fights can still do this, but it wont be THE way to get some RP's

Also change the way RP's in these RvR wars are gained. Consider, for example, everybody within a certain range of the fights as one big group. That way if a lot of people fight, more kills will be made and more RP's will be received.
Now if you are in a group, and (one of) your groupmates did most of the damage and made the final blow, you should get a RP bonus, same thing if you are alone and you beat/nuked someone down to 20% health and someone else finished it, you'll get a RP bonus.

This way RvR seems way more attractive to me, i can go to the RvR area's and look were the fighting is going on, i can't find a group but ill do my best to keep up with the army and do my thing. I will receive RP's, not that much as all the grouped people who kill a lot (and so get those bonus RP's) but i'm still a part of the army and therefore i receive RP's.

Parking your toon near a TK won't do you any good, you need to be within a certain range of where the fighting is going on to get those RP's. Same goes for those FG's running around where there is no action going on, sure they will get RP's for killing people, but not that frequently as running around in a group with the rest of the army.

I'm sure there are a lot of things i have missed, but something in this direction would actually make more people join in on RvR, keep them together and make it more enjoyable for the people that don't want to worry about optimizing skill and have mega items to be effective.

Just a thought

Aarween

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Zerg vs Zerg takes just as much skill as fg vs fg

In a Zerg vs Zerg fight you can have the same skill as you have while fighting fg vs fg. But, it isn't required. If you have 2 equal zergs, each 5fg, let's say on the PvP server too so they are the exact same setup (just don't feel like takeing any disscussion about Savages yadda yadda) then you can have some people afk and it wouldn't make that large diffrence...

You simply can't in a 8 vs 8 fight... the lower the number is the higher demands are the player.

for example... in a 1 vs 1 fight you are completely dependent on yourself... there's no one covering for you when you go afk...

in 2 vs 2 you have a friend, if you go afk 50% of your surviveability dissapears...

in 100 vs 100 you have 99 friends... if you go afk 1% of your surviveability disappears...

so... basicly... the more you are, the easier is it for your friends to cover up for you...

about the RvR thing btw....

Yes, it does stand for Realm versus Realm... that means war between realms... Mids can't fight mids, Albs can't fight albs, and hibs can't fight hibs...

it doesn't say that you have to gather every player in the realm and move as a big crowd... it doesn't say that you should only be 8 people either... it doesn't say anything about numbers... people who thinks RvR has something to do with numbers have a serious "read between the lines" illness ;p RvR only says the war is between the realms, not the players withinn the realm...

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
And who are u to call him a Retard. he has his rights to think whatever he wants. Cool down really.

I have the right to think whatever I think too, and I think his suggestion is retarded and ill-thought out. K?

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
when i started this thread i kinda ment that in a long, ongoing war the outcome of large battles between 20 or so people on each side would, in theory have a bigger impact than say the outcome of 2 people deuling.

1 L50 nuker killing a fg of L20s don't require much skill while a group of L25-35s killing 1 or 2 L50s is quit impressive. A RR8 with a L50 Buff Bot killing an unbuffed RR1.3 isn't that impressife either, so it depends how you look at things.

Peopel don't just zerg for no resion, its normally in responce to a High RR group running about killing everything or people camping the MGs or PKs. Done expect to sit outside a PK with 2 fotm FGs and not expect to get zerged.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Would these be the opposite to the pricks who insist that anyone who doesn't go out 1fg at a time to be farmed by their uber opted groups is lame?
Zerg vs Zerg takes just as much skill as fg vs fg, and to be honest skill doesn't play much part in any aspect of the game past knowing what your character can do and what his role in the group is. This isn't Quake or TFC where knife-edge reactions make the difference between winning and losing. You win or lose based on luck and group setup mostly - one thing you can't control and the second which is set before you leave the PK.
Personally I like big battles much more than meaningless 8v8 skirmishes. 3-4groups per side is a better fight with more scope for maneouvring and situational tactics than the over-in-20-secs-who's-got-the-best-assist-train nonsense that has ruined RvR for the last year or so.

thats crap.
ever wondered why some guilds slaughter every1 else even though there are many others who have same setup.
thers far more skill than u believe.
positiioning etc is essential, thats not luck.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
thats crap.
ever wondered why some guilds slaughter every1 else even though there are many others who have same setup.
thers far more skill than u believe.
positiioning etc is essential, thats not luck.
It's because they play the exact same setup night after night so they get very used to playing that way. Being high RR with all the RAs that make the most difference helps too - and before anyone says it, getting to high RR takes time not skill. I'm not saying there is no skill at all in DAoC, I'm just saying that once you've got a reasonable amount of experience of playing your character in a particular group setup, unless you are a complete idiot, you'll be pretty much as effective as any other similar character with the same spec/RAs etc. Most of the skill in DAoC comes from putting together a group that will work - in other words strategic planning. Sure it takes 'skill' to play to your potential but mostly it's learned experience. You don't the hand to eye co-ordination of an FPS, or the razor reflexes. Yes you need good situational awareness and a solid understanding of your class but that's not the same thing as natural talent and the difference between players is smaller than the difference between characters. I'd be fairly sure that if I swapped characters with a high RR paladin, neither of our characters would perform particularly differently once we'd got used to the respective specs.

When I said that luck plays an important part, I wasn't necessarily talking about the RNG and game mechanics, I was more talking about the human factor. You win or lose fights mostly based on who you happen to bump into, opted group into zerg will lose, opted group into low RR pickup group will win.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
You don't the hand to eye co-ordination of an FPS, or the razor reflexes.

All you're doing is repeating your inane comments and making yourself look more like a retard.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
CstasY said:
All you're doing is repeating your inane comments and making yourself look more like a retard.

DOAC = Skill ...........

Quite clearly your the Tard if you think that...

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
its a game, ment to have fun... insulting others over different opinions is kinda lame.

I totaly agree with a couple of posts so far, Aarween's seems to make alot of sense with the scale of being able to surive with more.

Facts are if you meet a group that play together with same players day after day, ofc their going to kick your arse.

But imo people should be rewarded for taking part in keep takes, rr attempts etc, as its just another part of rvr and so should be rewarded for the effort of those who like that.

I_R_BIG_TROLL

Fledgling Freddie
<sigh>

As for a response to the posters idea, I agree with your viewpoint on revised RP rewards for larger scale battles. However, in my opinion this should be limited to keep takes and relic raids as suggested by another poster. This would definitely give incentive for more realm-oriented battles, and will allow for more frequent change-over of relics and darkness falls (with obvious benefits to realm and lower level characters).

Now, to the little flamer kiddies:

<sigh> at the average mentality going around these days. Why oh why do you need to rip into a persons personality when they are only expressing their opinion. Are you not capable of an intellectual conversation that you need to fall back on childish, immature behavior? Are you so socially inadequate that polite behavior befuddles you?

Here’s a little exercise for those that feel the need to flame and shame people for no reason: Try having a positive attitude towards people, try saying positive things, because trying to seek for attention by being rude and obnoxious wont get you very far. Not in-game or in real life.

/life lesson

btw if you feel the need to flame, go right ahead, i wouldnt expect any better

kind regards,

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Clicky

It might be an old and well know concept, but... well its on a blackboard there are pictures!

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
DOAC = Skill ...........

Quite clearly your the Tard if you think that...

Lmao! So, landing the first mezz in a battle, doesnt take skill? Or quick reactions as Chretien seems to think. I'm laughing irl at you. Fucking bellend. :eek:

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
I_R_BIG_TROLL said:
Try having a positive attitude towards people.
/life lesson

Try getting laid.
/life lesson.

You can tell the school holidays are on.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
CstasY said:
Riiigghhht!

Tbh I wouldnt wanna come across: Maelstrom, Everlast, Bad Omen, Eclipse, Ascending Dawn, or even Golden Age with a Sorcerer who was asleep, Clerics who try and heal dead targets, Main Assists who cant select targets properly because they move too fast, etc etc..

Try and play a Sorcerer in any Opted RvR groups and you'l see what kind of fucking reactions you need to even come close to winning any battles.

Idiot.

why are you so rude?

it serves no other purpose then making you look like an idiot

even though i agree on your side of the story

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Insta vs Quickcast?

Is that skill?

Okay, so in your desperate attempt to prove a point you're going to completely disregard the fact that most good CCers don't use their instas anymore anyway?

Okay!

Knowing where to run in certain situations isn't skill? Knowing what ability to use in any one particular situation isn't skill? Knowing what target to choose, knowing how to dispose of that target in the quickest possible way without getting killed and at the same time making sure your group members are alive and free from attack isn't skill? Sure!

What makes me laugh most is the fact that it's always the zergers (IE. The ones who don't have the ability to get into a 1FG gank group and then claim not to want to) who claim that DAoC does not = skill. There's a reason why most of them aren't in gank groups to begin with, it's because they have none.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that all people who dislike 1FG RvR are skilless zergers... On occasions I prefer zerg warfare and can understand completely why others would prefer it. But to listen to these bitter twisted little kiddies flame gank groups day in day out because they prefer 1FG and then try to demean the players in them by claiming that what they do doesn't require skill (when it obviously does else there'd be more top gank groups about) just pisses me off.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
CstasY said:
Well, think about it before making a retarded post.

If you solo a fg, that demonstrates a huge amount of skill, so you are awarded high realm points for doing so.

If you kill a fg with a fg, you are awarded less, but still an average amount.

If you kill a fg with a zerg of 3-10 fg's, this demonstrates no skill, and the only reason you are winning is due to numbers, so you are awarded rp's based on the number of random OMG MATES ITS A REALM VS REALM GAME NOT FG VS FG GAME pricks who follow you.

:m00:

The statement that the FG vs FG battle required skill is only true when you meet opponents that have the same or higher realm rank than your group, when the opposite it the case the skill component is very small. Saying that a RR8 group needs skill to defeat a RR2 group is plain silly considering all the get out of jail cards the RAs provide them with or the RR8 group isnt very skilled at their trade.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Dook said:
I have the right to think whatever I think too, and I think his suggestion is retarded and ill-thought out. K?

You got rather poor language skills then. Suggest you learn the real meaning of the word retard.

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
You got rather poor language skills then. Suggest you learn the real meaning of the word retard.

Go you! Pick at my grammar in ONE post!

I was rushing then IIRC so excuse the "poor language skills" because, as we all know, a single post with poor grammar takes away from my other posts on the subject at hand.

"I know, I don't have a valid response to Dooks last comment so I'l pick at his poor grammar in one post to look cool!"

GG!

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Dook said:
Okay, so in your desperate attempt to prove a point you're going to completely disregard the fact that most good CCers don't use their instas anymore anyway?

Next you'll tell me they aren't on the qbar ;)

Then pray tell me why every time we run into any Mid/Hib groups we get hit by instas?

With mids it is insta mezz setting up for insta stun. If that don't work its insta disease. With Hibs you get the mezz and the root.

Why is it that Hibs/Mids always 'claim' not to use instas when we all know that it is total bollox.

Instas grant a massive advantage in the 50/50 contests where noone gets the jump. To refute that is denial. Instas buy you reaction time. Instas gain the initiative. Hitting an insta just cannot be described as skill. Getting a qc mezz in first is skill.

Will really be interesting to see what happens with Frontiers regarding realm balance when there is less det around. Really is about time Mythic stopped skirting around the issue of instas.

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Next you'll tell me they aren't on the qbar ;)

Then pray tell me why every time we run into any Mid/Hib groups we get hit by instas?

With mids it is insta mezz setting up for insta stun. If that don't work its insta disease. With Hibs you get the mezz and the root.

Why is it that Hibs/Mids always 'claim' not to use instas when we all know that it is total bollox.

Instas grant a massive advantage in the 50/50 contests where noone gets the jump. To refute that is denial. Instas buy you reaction time. Instas gain the initiative. Hitting an insta just cannot be described as skill. Getting a qc mezz in first is skill.

Will really be interesting to see what happens with Frontiers regarding realm balance when there is less det around. Really is about time Mythic stopped skirting around the issue of instas.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Ever tried using an insta on a Tank /assist group? Ha. /release.

Anyway, my point was that just because they have them it doesn't mean that they use it as much as you claim they do. Instas are a situational tool just like everything else. Battles don't always start off with an insta mezz, I'd say maybe 20% of the time in my guild group.

Getting a QC mezz in first is skill, agreed. I never disputed that. But then, so is getting in a normal casted mezz with NO QC and NOT using Instas.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>There's a reason why most of them aren't in gank groups to begin with, it's because they have none.

Has it every occurred to you that a lot of players dont have unlimited time to play this game, which means that they will not have the time to set up the optimised group like the gank groups can. What level of skill you got isnt based on the rp high score list. Some people find the team fortress gameplay of Emain fairly mindnumbing in its repetitive nature and its lack of strategic options. To that you could also add to the fact that lots of gank group players on this forum works hard to make the gank group guys look like imbecilles or social twats and from their promotional activities you tend to ask yourself who wants to join such a crowd?

A few more suggestions, but no all, for why not all run in gank group mode in game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom