Your daily terrorist bullshit.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
So it's a zionist plot?
Christ alive. Corbyn has always been heavily pro Palestine, and involved an inordinate amount for a British politican. Join the dots. Personally I do not believe JC is a raging anti-semite, but I do believe he is vehemently anti-Israel. Conflate the two if you wish, I doubt he gives much of a fuck and I'd expect he will carry on fighting what he considers to be the good fight.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Christ alive. Corbyn has always been heavily pro Palestine, and involved an inordinate amount for a British politican. Join the dots. Personally I do not believe JC is a raging anti-semite, but I do believe he is vehemently anti-Israel. Conflate the two if you wish, I doubt he gives much of a fuck and I'd expect he will carry on fighting what he considers to be the good fight.

Yes but you're implying that Israel is the one making the complaints about Corbyns anti semitism which I feel is irrelevant, we're offended on behalf of Israel, regardless if they gave a shit or not.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yes but you're implying that Israel is the one making the complaints about Corbyns anti semitism which I feel is irrelevant, we're offended on behalf of Israel, regardless if they gave a shit or not.
I am absolutely implying that, yes.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Are you seriously naive enough to think that Israel (or nearly any non-secular country for that matter) would not use their religion as a political point scoring tool?

Gwadien

Are you seriously naive enough to think that Israel (or nearly any non-secular country for that matter) would not use their religion as a political point scoring tool?

No, of course they would, that's how they've managed to kill lots of innocent people and say 'yeah but don't forget about the Holocaust!'

All I'm saying is that Israel didn't have to chime in on this one, the objective is to take down Corbyn, not to support Israel.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All I'm saying is that Israel didn't have to chime in on this one, the objective is to take down Corbyn, not to support Israel.
It's not an either/or. Different actors will each have put the boot in for their own reasons.

But Corbyn ain't antisemitic. Never has been.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's a leftist purge, nothing less nothing more.

Starmer is trying to take some of the Tory vote whilst shitting on the Labour strongholds, I think Starmer will do worse than Corbyn in the next election when Labour splits in half.

Imagine purging leftists from the Labour Party though lmao.

Labour have never been purely left though, they have always had the right-leaning working classes as their backbone, who under Corbyn and the Momentum parasite, they abandoned to go on a far left crusade. That is why they faceplanted so hard at the general election, that is why they are purging them from the party now, they have little choice after the country rejected them out of hand. With the Tories going full retard it is an brilliant opportunity for Labour to re-position themselves, they need to be attractive to the electorate. Corbyn and co are clearly not attractive to anyone.

If a far leftist section of the Labour party want to make a far-left party then they are free to do so and will be judged at the polls but they will need backers and they will need support.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Exactly, quite a margin in what is effectively a 2 horse race.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Exactly, quite a margin in what is effectively a 2 horse race.
It far from "not attractive to anyone" - in terms of voters Labour hit 74% of the Tory vote - despite an long-term all-round panning in the most hostile press I've ever seen.

I mean absolutely *nothing* positive in the press. Really harsh - even the positive notes coming out of Labour were twisted.

It's because, like him/his policies or not - he posed a threat to the status quo.

Regardless: Ousting the far left from Labour is a tactical mistake.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They were up against one of the, if not the most disliked Tory options in living memory and still recorded a record loss. They literally just needed to not do or say dumb shit.

Basically, average Joe working class person wants to work, they want a roof over their head and they want to feed their kids, all while being left alone by government. You can't eat hard left promises. The only status quo that matter for a large majority of people are those basic things, with a bit left over for some luxury. The Tories have a track record of relatively low taxes and very low unemployment, one of the best in the world. Yes, sure it's far from ideal for loads of people but it is what it is.

Obviously there were various well documented special items on the agenda, Brexit being one, rather than campaign against the Tory plan they just rolled over and backed nothing at all, they flip flopped from one disaster to another and barely turned up at all in one of the most important elections in our history. All of the blame for this can safely be laid at the door of Corbyn and Momentum. There has to be a point where you have to realise that you aren't going to win votes if you do not listen to your electorate.

Edit, that being said, pretty week way of getting rid of him. I don't think he is antisemitic as such, he is however away with the fairies.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Wij

Yesterday, seven trade unions affiliated to Labour, including Unite, Labour’s largest donor, and the TSSA, which backed Starmer in the party leadership election, released a joint statement...expressing “serious concerns” about Corbyn’s “ill-advised and unjust suspension”
Nothing that Jeremy said warranted his suspension ... It was a well-balanced and factual response to an equally well-balanced report

That's seven out of the twelve affiliated trade unions - including unions that backed Starmer.

And Labour has many jewish membrs saying stuff like this:
Russell Caplan
29th October 2020 at 20:52
As a Jew and a Zionist, I believe Jeremy Corbyn was right to underline the deliberate exaggeration of antisemitism within the Labour Party under his leadership by those opposed to his policies both within the party and outside it. The attempt by the leadership to close down debate about the report and accept it right or wrong, through suspension and the threat of it is an abuse of power and makes a mockery of free speech. The Labour Party cannot hope to win a general election by purging members who represent legitimate currents of opinion not shared by the leadership. Such a course of action will result in a hollowed out party that stands for nothing but the naked opportunism of a bunch of careerist politicians whose only quest is that of power and its trappings characterised by the New Labour years. Jeremy Corbyn represents the complete antithesis of this corrupt politics and is clearly being targeted by those who wish to eradicate all traces of the idea of a principled mass party that represents the interests of the disadvantaged, the oppressed and the ordinary people of this country. If they can get away with this egregious abuse of power on someone like Corbyn, then no one is safe from persecution within the party

With a common theme being that it's farcical to say Corbyn is antisemitic.

The above isn't getting much coverage in the media either. Make of that what you will.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
@Wij

That's seven out of the twelve affiliated trade unions - including unions that backed Starmer.

And Labour has many jewish membrs saying stuff like this:

With a common theme being that it's farcical to say Corbyn is antisemitic.

The above isn't getting much coverage in the media either. Make of that what you will.

I don't think he is either but there is a massive perception by the Jewish community that Labour is an antisemetic party.
So how do you change that? How do you go about correcting that as it is clearly not true.

Gwadien

I don't think he is either but there is a massive perception by the Jewish community that Labour is an antisemetic party.
So how do you change that? How do you go about correcting that as it is clearly not true.

I don't think they do, Corbyn and his lefties are gone therefore there's no issue.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In that post is a quote from Jewish Voice for Labour - a jewish movement that fundamentally disagrees with the narrative, that understands that it's 0.3% of the membership and that this is politically motivated.

But it's not presented that way in the media. The media presents it as "all jews are horrified".

Why is that Dys?

I think it's because Corbyn's labour was a real threat to the status quo and was too close for comfort for the vested interests that control this country.

Edit: in fact, the main read piece in the guardian today isn't that 7/12ths of it's financial backers object to the unfair shutting down of free speech by Starmer - it's another "horrified jews" opinion piece with no addressing of a factual argument - it's all about "feelings".

Makes good copy, but is the journalistic equivalent of homeopathy. It's about spreading shit without having to look at evidence.

Last edited:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
In that post is a quote from Jewish Voice for Labour - a jewish movement that fundamentally disagrees with the narrative, that understands that it's 0.3% of the membership and that this is politically motivated.

But it's not presented that way in the media. The media presents it as "all jews are horrified".

Why is that Dys?

I think it's because Corbyn's labour was a real threat to the status quo and was too close for comfort for the vested interests that control this country.

I guess Murdock want's it that way

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Or, counterpoint, why bother pandering to the tiny Jewish vote at all? Does the electorate care?

There's a massive amount of noise about this, but ultimately it has fuck all to do with why Labour got trashed in the polls.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's a massive amount of noise about this, but ultimately it has fuck all to do with why Labour got trashed in the polls.
I don't think that's true. It's part of a multi-pronged shoeing of Labour under Corbyn - just another reason to kick them.

I do think it had a substantial effect (along with the other thimgs I've alluded to).

Ultimately, they were a challenge to the status quo and all the narratives that could be employed against them were employed - the antisemitism thing was a sideshow, but an important sideshow.

As it is - Starmer's just more failed New Labour. It's can-kicking of structural reform (which isn't going to happen - as our democracy is only really that in name).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

I agree. If Labour couldn't win in 2017 when the Tories ran possibly the worst campaign in the history of British politics, they never had a chance against Boris Johnsons populist shtick. The SNPs stranglehold on Scotland since 2015 is not helping their cause either.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Skip to the Bronys bit for some interesting background on the Indianapolis shooter.

This fight was pretty much over after GamerGate. The incels won. The fact that mainstream opinion ignores this is a huge problem for society.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
err, bronies...that's kind of disturbing in itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom