XCOM Enemy Unknown -New-

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
would be hilarious post-plasma: alien dead, and we took out THE ENTIRE BUILDING.. oops

opticle

Part of the furniture
"There goes the Satellite Nexus and your four satellites have dropped out of orbit" :eek:

On another note, upsetting but acceptable game mechanic - you lose a continent, you lose any satellites you had over it :( I should have realised that and just ditched Africa when I realised it was going downhill.

If panic levels are +++, but no missions come up to reduce it, short of putting a satellite up if you can, is there anything else you can actually do ?

Also, does putting satellites up over one country reduce panic for the whole continent or just that country ?

Ta :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Satellites drop panic for that country alone.
Panic missions reduce(based on score) the whole continent.
If there's an abduction mission, the country you choose will receive a panic drop(of 2 i think), but every other country on the abduction list will increase by two and all other countries in the continent those countries are in will increase by 1.

If a country isn't on 5+, you don't need to worry about it leaving as they will only back out if they are at 5+ at end of month(unless you balls up a panic mission). In some cases being on the red won't drop the country out either.

Also if you lose a satellite over a country that you receive a bonus from(like All In), yo will lose that bonus.

Also there's one more panic level thing, but that's spoiling things ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
So far for me, Alien bases have proved the best panic reducers. At least for countries world wide. For me, my own panic levels go through the roof :D

opticle

Part of the furniture
So I finished the game.. loved it.. but I'm never one for replaying things much.. can't decide if I want to or not.. :S

I wish there were more weapons :eek:

opticle

Part of the furniture
Just tried Classic Ironman.

Getting annihilated.

No longer feel like awesome supersolider.

Bought Dishonoured.

I'll probably play through on Classic again later down the line some time, but having just completed the game (had a week off.. been playing it pretty solidly for a couple of days in a row) I don't really feel like it at the moment - especially as your top research objectives aren't that far away and it all seems to end a little too quickly after you get Psi abilities to really enjoy them - perhaps that's just because Normal is, well, quite easy :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just tried Classic Ironman.

Getting annihilated.

No longer feel like awesome supersolider.

Bought Dishonoured.

I'll probably play through on Classic again later down the line some time, but having just completed the game (had a week off.. been playing it pretty solidly for a couple of days in a row) I don't really feel like it at the moment - especially as your top research objectives aren't that far away and it all seems to end a little too quickly after you get Psi abilities to really enjoy them - perhaps that's just because Normal is, well, quite easy :)

Dishonored actually any good? games like that always catch my interest but I end up not buying them because people say they simply arent long enough and get completed very quickly.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Dishonored actually any good? games like that always catch my interest but I end up not buying them because people say they simply arent long enough and get completed very quickly.
i havent finished it, but its quite good, reasonable story, good cross between Thief and Deus Ex

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, pulled an allnighter etc. First four 2nd wave modifiers and classic ironman complete.

*replaces nerves and heart*

Time for impossible with full second wave and slingshot :cry:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Dammit, I really don't need another time sink right now! Between GW2 dailly, Path OF Exile leveling, Starcraft Swarm play through, trying out Defiance and now this. Think I need a week off work to get some of this sorted :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Made it through slingshot(1st mission), have to restart though.

Going to drop the added cost to satellites, 420 for 2nd satellite is a bit off when you get atleast 4 panics in first month(with the 8 limit on doomtracker).

Might return to it later.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Second wave I/I(minus added satellite cost and red mist, don't fit "realism" rules) got to panic mission, heavy in hospital so got rearer like a 1$ hooker.

Also missed my satellite construction by 1 hour so that would've f*cked me anyway as it went after cuncil report in the queue :(

I'm quite sure that you can complete a satellite nexus and get past first month without losing a country, just need some luck on the starting funds/rewards.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So here's the situation of my I/I game with all except marathong and added costs/less funding, spoiler for possible spoilers;

- All countries have firestorms, some two. EMPs all around.
- A battleship raid went bad and one sectopod(which the report said there were none :eek:) critted my whole team with 24. 5 dead. They were indeed some of my best.
- I've found two psi guys, both died early on.
- I dropped the overseer UFO, but couldn't complete it due to rookies.
- Full satellite coverage with stealth sats.(three countries left in first month)

The end result is a stalemate with me and the aliens, where they can't drop my sats, or even my ships and i desperately try to level up my rookies(with the help of ONE sniper at max level) so i can get their will up high enough to get that rare psi(second wave) -and- to manage the rest of the missions.

It's an interesting place to be where you can't lose, but can't yet win :p

Looking really good though, possibly end it by end of week.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Finally got myself a psiguy, took a damn while. Ofcourse it's a rookie and none of my 100+ will guys had a gift. So much for correlation my arse :p

Last mission yesterday, had to abort, all troops in evac zone and the game decides "No, i shall now randomly take your heavy major and KIA her even if she was inside the zone. Only fair!"

Grr you xcom, ah well, progressing nicely with a couple of hover shivs setting up kills for my newbies. Then it's just a matter of getting 6 guys to top, good squad combo and finalize this b*tch.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Gimme!

I like the fact it's basically just DLC for the PC version, albeit a very expensive one.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I really should finish Enemy Unknown (the newer one) kept getting side tracked when playing it by a number of things, I shall install it now and play it again. Enemy Within is looking nice as well.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i've been waiting this since i finished impossible ironman. The bit where they say that you need to mvoe faster to collect stuff seems really interesting, especially if i'm going for the all out second wave as well.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The rebalance to the abilities is a good change, I always picked the same upgrades as mention in that article as the other options were a waste. Though the slight nerf to Squad Sight throws out my usual tactics :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pre-purchase now available on steam fo -10%, not a bad price for it at 26€.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
i'm all exciticated. also been playing this a ton on my iPad in bed atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom