XCOM Enemy Unknown -New-

Poag

m00?
Guess nows a good a time as any to picup the base game then :p

Been looking at this everytime it came on sale and always kinda went, maybe next time. Annoyingly its still £30 on steam. However found a CDkey place selling it for £10! no idea if its legit tho :(

Do people still play the MP very much?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
HAven't played for a while, but the MP wasn't that great to begin with. Sure there was ranked list you could climb, but the matchmaking was so random and there was no challenge possibility.

I'm hoping they tune it a bit in this up and comer, only needs a bit more meat and polish(hr hr) since it's really fun.

To answer your question; probably can find someMP action, but it wasn't that big to begin with.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
does it add stuff to original story, extend it, or is it a new one entirely ? ;f

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Without spoiling much, don't peek if you want the DLC to be a 100% complete suprise(won't really spoil anything);

It adds another set of missions to the old story(+ a LOT of stuff), but you're essentially replaying the campaign.

Shame it doesn't give the unlocked second wave options in enemy within, would've had my full set from impossible ironman playthrough.

Mabs

aah ok ta, i shall investigate this thing in due course

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd forgotten all about the agonising sense of defeat wehn your squad gets demolished and then the only at all qualified guy goes to the next mission with three rookies and gets rammed up the arse twice as hard.

Just sitting here, forehead->table and wondering why oh why do i do this to myself.

Ah well, new game :p

ileks

Part of the furniture
I'd forgotten all about the agonising sense of defeat wehn your squad gets demolished and then the only at all qualified guy goes to the next mission with three rookies and gets rammed up the arse twice as hard.

Just sitting here, forehead->table and wondering why oh why do i do this to myself.

Ah well, new game :p

This game is so frustrating :p I'm about to start an Iron-man campaign on the new DLC. Wish me luck.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
F*ck f*cking ass tits bleghblar ma grrrr.....this game, it's a perfect simulation of a love/hate relationship.

I've got 340+ hours on it according to steam and still the game looks at me when i start it up and goes "Oh hi!", while squeezing it's tits together, "Here to enjoy a bit of gaming? Sure! Come on in and ignore the 15" dildo in the corner that i'll firmly plant in your anus when you least expect it."

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I've got to be honest, this is £20 well spent.

I've only got 101 hours on steam :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Had this ages and never got around to playing it and not played the early xcoms. What a game! Addictive as fuck, why have I not played it before?!?!

I got to what I presume is the end mission of invading the aliens base. Can I just ignore the mission and carry on? Reading up on the game and I have hardly unlocked any of the tech...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yes, assuming you're not losing countries you can ignore the last mission and tech up as mucha s you like.

Mabs

Had this ages and never got around to playing it and not played the early xcoms. What a game! Addictive as fuck, why have I not played it before?!?!

I got to what I presume is the end mission of invading the aliens base. Can I just ignore the mission and carry on? Reading up on the game and I have hardly unlocked any of the tech...

have u done all the psionic stuff ?
basically, the tech unlock of both you and ai is linked to how far down the YOU MUST DO THIS SOON COS ITS STORY missions you are

if you want to just avoid those you wont suddenly get armoured mutons in the face, so you can farm resources/ships etc

the main story does have a chapter-esque feel to it, so you might be at one of those - the final final mission IIRC is a ship attack

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
basically, the tech unlock of both you and ai is linked to how far down the YOU MUST DO THIS SOON COS ITS STORY missions you are

This must be where I'm going wrong on Classic Ironman because I epic fail every time. Always lose countless soldiers and countries within 3 months it's pretty much impossible to continue.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm playing through this again at the moment.

Does anyone else find themself overly reliant on the snipers?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm playing through this again at the moment.

Does anyone else find themself overly reliant on the snipers?

yea, snipers make the game very easy sadly, especially when you have squad sight. set yourself a challenge to use snipers but without squad sight, probably make it more fun then at least rather than just insta gibbing everything on the screen.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Pfft. I only just noticed you could sell stuff on the grey market :p sitting on a fortune now and ordered a whole ton of equipment.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Pfft. I only just noticed you could sell stuff on the grey market :p sitting on a fortune now and ordered a whole ton of equipment.

heh, i recommend keeping the ufo power cores and other ufo parts, think you need those for the advanced interceptors later.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
yea, snipers make the game very easy sadly, especially when you have squad sight. set yourself a challenge to use snipers but without squad sight, probably make it more fun then at least rather than just insta gibbing everything on the screen.

Also forgetting about the whiney doctor and using nades and missiles like it's an alien candy pinata fest ;)

The ability roulette is fun also, makes for some real good(and bad) combos.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would love a mod that makes people take turns to fire from overwatch. I play a very defensive style and it is really annoying when everyone shoots at the same enemy from overwatch when there are several incoming.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's probably a bit too hardcoded into the system, but agreed. Should be based on the vision, though with a slight "i saw it first! No me!" tweak so sometimes they would fire at the same time.

rynnor

Rockhound
I would love a mod that makes people take turns to fire from overwatch. I play a very defensive style and it is really annoying when everyone shoots at the same enemy from overwatch when there are several incoming.

If you don't advance them in a more or less straight line they will each take the shot as it moves into their field of vision. Not always practical though dependant on cover.

rynnor

Rockhound
Bugger - finished it again - slight anti-climax as in the last fight it took one turn lol.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
That's probably a bit too hardcoded into the system, but agreed. Should be based on the vision, though with a slight "i saw it first! No me!" tweak so sometimes they would fire at the same time.

Yeh that's annoying.

Just give them an initiative score like in many games. Highest initiative shoots first and so on. I say 'just' but I know its never that simple.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Started playing it again myself, really addictive and damned annoying when you forget to save for ages and mess shit up :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Started playing it again myself, really addictive and damned annoying when you forget to save for ages and mess shit up :)

What is this "saving" you speak of? :D

I've been trying not to start this again(after my last catastrophic shark incident), since i know i gotta do it in classic ironman and then imp+ossible ironman AGAIN :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom