WoW

Zede

Part of the furniture
how so? either you win or you lose. DAoC pvp was exactly the same.

This point has been discussed in General chat recently. Quite simply, in WoW as a priest I have say 10 possible spells/abilities I might use. In Daoc their are a lot more variables. The rock/paper/scissors effect is WoW is more obvious.

And ofc someone will win or lose, your sweeping generalisation applies to far more situations than WoW !

Zede

Part of the furniture
that was true before the set opted groups got dominated in DAoC. now its either tank groups or caster groups. the diversity is kinda long gone by now :)

you always know how to play versus a tank or a caster group. theres never any real "oh shit how to deal with that setup" moments anymore.

and the CC ofc, love them mezz wars.... not. probably one of the few things blizzard did WAY better then DAoC. no CC spell will ever last longer then 10 seconds in pvp no matter what class you are.

You have no played recently then ! No cc longer than 10 secs sure, but classes have more than 1 cc, mage can cc u for 30 secs(sheep, spelllock,ice block), a rogue can cc u till' u die (30secs+), a lock can cc u for 30 secs ( stun, horror, fear). And lots of other classes have multiple cc. As a fully pvp equipped priest(476 resil), or a fully rvr equipped cleric(rr11), my cleric would last longer.

Zede

Part of the furniture
the 70 normal pvp set is pretty shit tho. so i dare to say that u need atleast the season 1 arena gear to even have a shot at pvp.

The normal L70 pvp set is more than adequet, season 1 gear is not that much different. You can get damn good pvp gear from Nagrand & from handing in Spirit shards also.

Stop the doom and gloom m8 !

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
You have no played recently then ! No cc longer than 10 secs sure, but classes have more than 1 cc, mage can cc u for 30 secs(sheep, spelllock,ice block), a rogue can cc u till' u die (30secs+), a lock can cc u for 30 secs ( stun, horror, fear). And lots of other classes have multiple cc. As a fully pvp equipped priest(476 resil), or a fully rvr equipped cleric(rr11), my cleric would last longer.

I think the Horror and Fear spells are probably the most stupid I have seen in any PVP game. Why did he always seem to end up running straight into a pack of enemies. If he was that scared he would surely run away not mindlessly towards them. Was funny to watch but totally stupid.

Playing LOTRO atm as something to do until WAR but may dust of me PVP Dwarf hunter for a laugh. Tabula Rasa can't be played here in Dubai although PlayNC are apparently in discussion with the ISP. Must be like talking to brain damaged sheep!

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
but the PvE is the challenging aspect.

I pve'd to kael'thas before the nerf and ended up leaving the guild because of how retarded some people were. I didn't see any one thing as challenging about that fight which is/was supposedly the 'hardest' boss with regards to the learning curve. Sure pve is challenging if you have 5s reaction time to the giant warnings from boss mods and an inability to understand the tactics telling you EVERYTHING you need to do in the fight.

Wow is a huge retard magnet, but atleast with arena theres a way to be matched against like minded players without having to roam for 30 mins only to find the only group out worth fighting just had a ld or smthing.

pve is quite fun in wow but to say its hard is totally wrong, almost like people who can't get past 1600 rating saying arena requires no skill.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Just love the new Alterac Valley in 2.3. We did an Argent Dawn group last wednesday, 30AD's then 10 pugs from rest of battlegroup, we won 6 games in a row 550+ reinforcements left when alliance lost.. :) But sad to see when people just try the old zerg to dun baldar tactic, and then keep trying to pull the marshals out.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You have no played recently then !

no, just 20 minutes ago.

and it doesen't matter how many CC abilities a character have. deminishing return applies no matter what spell you use if its on the same character. thats why locks cant perma chain fear/seduce mages can't chain sheep/pig/turtle, rogues can' chain sap etc etc etc
the only thing that doesn't have deminishing returns anymore is frost shock. but thats not a CC either.

so theres no 30 sec chain CC anything. 17.5 seconds after only 3 attempts if ur lucky. and not a whole lot more if they try again, and pvp trinkets ensures that its rarely even 10 seconds. and if you dont have a pvp trinket when you pvp you deserve getting "chain CC'd"

and are you actually comparing your DAoC toons survivability with WoW toons ?

you DO realize they are 2 different games and gameplay right?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
I pve'd to kael'thas before the nerf and ended up leaving the guild because of how retarded some people were. I didn't see any one thing as challenging about that fight which is/was supposedly the 'hardest' boss with regards to the learning curve. Sure pve is challenging if you have 5s reaction time to the giant warnings from boss mods and an inability to understand the tactics telling you EVERYTHING you need to do in the fight.
True. But the first tries always make it wortwhile and challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom