WOW account fishin

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Got an email that seemed to be off blizzard. has blizzard.com extension.
WoWAccountAdmin@blizzard.com

Greetings,

Thank you for your attention in this matter regarding the compromised World of Warcraft account you are using. Unfortunately, multiple parties have contacted Blizzard Entertainment seeking restoration of the account in question. This message contains an updated Account Retrieval process, which will enable the rightful user of the account to resume their adventures in the World of Warcraft.

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated. In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
http://www.battle.net.accountsurvey.info

Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues.

Please help us to avoid any further delays in restoring Account access by following the instructions exactly and in their entirety. We will contact you again once all information has been received and thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation in resolving this account issue. Please be sure to provide all pertinent data as soon as possible since Blizzard Entertainment is unable to offer any type of reimbursement for the time an account is locked for verification and investigation purposes.

In the meantime, please make sure to scan the computer system you are using to remove all viruses, Trojan files, and key loggers. For more computer/Internet security tips, please visit Blizzard Support.

In addition, World of Warcraft account passwords should be periodically changed by visiting : https://www.battle.net/login/login....rldofwarcraft.com/account/&app=wam&rhtml=true

Any inquiries concerning this account retrieval process can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at : https://www.battle.net/login/login....r=Duskwood&n=Muthahunda&app=armory&rhtml=true.

Thank you for your patience and anticipated cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,
Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowaa/

So noob question, how do they make it look like blizzard?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'd be interested to know too. I am guessing maybe the email address displayed, can be masked as anything? So it actually goes to another email address via the message header?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
I got the exact same email.

Strange thing is I have never ever played WoW. I might have tried to make a trail account 6 yrs ago, but I never actually got online.
Weirdly I got this on an email account that I haven't used in years.

Danita

pikeh

Resident Freddy
got shit loads of this after I stopped playing WoW.

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Basically

Basically, e-mail is wank and unverified, so never trust the sender address etc.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I think it works if you have an SMTP server that doesn't check logins correctly.

Might even work easier if you set up your own SMTP server.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's a scatter gun approach. So many people play WoW that they are bound to get someone. I know people that don't even play MMOs and aren't really gamers that get them now and again.

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, WoW is fucking shit. Thanks for reminding me DocWolfe.

Job

I use yahoo mail, so I guess I can't trust any sender credentials then?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Opening a phishing mail is normally harmless (i still don't understand why anyone would though) it's opening the attachment/clicking the link that fucks you, if you have firefox wheel of trust activated though it should show a nice big red circle beside the link

Job

And why do they let people register domains that are extensions of big sites and quite obviously to be used for phishing.
This opening up of domains is going to make a 1000x worse.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
i got one saying there was 403 failed attempts to access my account so they needed me to verify stuff

so can do 402 attempts apparently without anyone getting suspicious ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I use yahoo mail, so I guess I can't trust any sender credentials then?

And why do they let people register domains that are extensions of big sites and quite obviously to be used for phishing.
This opening up of domains is going to make a 1000x worse.

It's not what you use, but what they use =) Well and to 2nd, you're free to register most things. The latest I've seen was eu-admin-<smth else here>.net and hey, that doesn't violate any copyrights or whatever.

Still, people must be stupid to click a link that says something like omg we need to verify your account. Every time you open an online account somewhere you get told like a million times that nobody will ever ask for private information, passwords, PIN/TAN, etc.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Only wow (fan) site ive registered and email too is Curse, and its that email that gets bombared by theese kind of mails, my account adress ive not got a single one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom