Film WoW being made into a movie

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
First thought...can't see that turning out well. Second thought...Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) is directing. Hmm...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Old news, will be terrible.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
its going to be shit, and its going to make a LOT of money

which will inspire other people to make equally shit game-related films

yay?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
WoW has solid lore behind it and an interesting world, will see how it goes though the game related movie business isn't known for the hits ;)

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I agree with Toth on this one, the Warcraft franshice have some solid interesting lore behind it, but the movie industry have a way of ignoring that and just go bananas.

Good movies based on videogames?
The first Resident Evil movie (except parts of the ending).
Silent Hill
Hitman

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Heh well yeah, but most of the stuff that comes out of games and movies in general can be ;)

It's just stupid how people lap it up when it's so bad. I play WoW and enjoy the raid content but the story is just dog shit, the amount of back tracking and plot holes is horrendous. To move forward they plaster over stuff that happened previously with some weak arse excuse. Everyone thought he was dead but he wasn't! about 100 times.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah it is when you look at the overall arc and twists/etc, but the lore behind it all, core of warcraft, works well with the world.

This movie is evidently based on warcraft anyway and not wow, so that's a plus. More solid material.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But its just derivative fantasy shite? Sucky film incoming!

Agreed.

The reason being is that the story in WoW serves a purpose other than itself.

Good films are regularly made from novels - where the story is in itself it's only reason for being.

Computer game stories serve first and foremost to forward the player's experience and provide motivation, background etc. to the players current actions. Coherence and real meaning are secondary to making an active participant feel good.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
will it be animated or "live action?"

a lot of the cut scenes from Blizzard are very pretty, not so sure how the story would work though, would depend on who writes it :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Dwarves wizards and elves and stuff fighting Orcs. Hasn't that been done a bit lately?

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
If only they did the story about the rise and fall of Arthas then it might have been pretty good. Best expansion for the story was Wrath of the Lich King.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Penny Arcade on the ball as always:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/02/01
i-z9vt9gC-950x10000.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom