WoW

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
played SSC and they eye as main tank was fun (but too much key bashing as tanking warrior) didn't go any further untill I stoped

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
The endless repetition in post 70 PvE and the shitty PvP made me /qtd perma

I loved the journey to 70 though. Altough it is remarkable that a game that gives best xp solo till 70 makes you play in 25 mans when you get there.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yes, always found it retarded that the game end goal is large grouping, while getting there is not at all about grouping

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yes, always found it retarded that the game end goal is large grouping, while getting there is not at all about grouping

because WoW is all about pve raiding at endgame? just as DAoC were all about RvR once u hit 50. DAoC's game goal were to RVR, while getting there were not about RVR at all... equally retarded if you ask me.

Blizzard tried to make it a group oriented game while leveling up. ppl didnt like it so they made it focused on solo play insted.

theres still instances tho for those that want to group up while leveling so its not ONLY solo focused.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Exactly.

Even when playing the "weak" class of WOW, a priest, i died maybe once before reaching level mhmhmmhm. With any class really. And you're constantly combating things that you shouldn't, as the system is so easy to use in your advantage.

Not saying it's bad, or a "sucky" game, just that it could use some "hard" in it :D

Yes, could use some "hard" in it, just like Bahumat.

well you could always try to solo an instance your level if you want hard. tho impossible is probably the better word here.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
well you could always try to solo an instance your level if you want hard. tho impossible is probably the better word here.

Solo instancing is big fun, but not at your own level. Then it's group fun!

I didn't say it as a bad thing, might just be that i'm good at ti, but seems that PVE offers little challenge. As such.

Though after the mhmhm level, the quests even become a b*tch.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
because WoW is all about pve raiding at endgame? just as DAoC were all about RvR once u hit 50. DAoC's game goal were to RVR, while getting there were not about RVR at all... equally retarded if you ask me.

Blizzard tried to make it a group oriented game while leveling up. ppl didnt like it so they made it focused on solo play insted.

theres still instances tho for those that want to group up while leveling so its not ONLY solo focused.

in daoc you have to group atleast up to 50, well used to in the good old days before pl came and you ding a char 50 in a day by beeing idle, and by grouping you get to know people in the game, that you can play rvr with in the future and such

big difference tbh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
in daoc you have to group atleast up to 50, well used to in the good old days before pl came and you ding a char 50 in a day by beeing idle, and by grouping you get to know people in the game, that you can play rvr with in the future and such

big difference tbh

Same thing in WOW.

You need to/should group, or you CAN solo at a slower pace.

Same was with DAoC.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
na, solo is fast and easy in wow, group=slow

daoc=insane solo to 50, specially with classes as healers and such

I have played wow alot, and I like the game, its fun, I like the high end instances, still find it stupid how the fastest way to get the leves is solo, grouping is so much slower tbh

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
na, solo is fast and easy in wow, group=slow

half right. its fast and easy solo when doing normal quests but its also fast and easy with a group if all u do is run instances. i dinged my shaman 60 in about 2 days played only doing instances. no quests what so ever other then those for instances.

its when u start to group up for the normal quests things get slow.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yes, then you have a set group, thats a bit different then "grouping"

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
nope, no set groups. guild groups yes. but usually not with the same ppl all the time. and a few times on the way it were even PuG's. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I found that daoc grouping was harder then in wow, ofcourse different times etc.

But in daoc you'd be screaming in the chat "looking for blabla to blabla! How do i find blabla!", in wow, only the instance peopel shout out "need blabla for bla".

Mostly it's so that you go out to where your quest is, see another person and go:

"You doing bla?"
"Nah, i'm on bla."
"Mind if i do bla, then join you in bla?"
"You blabla?"
"Yeah, just about to take it in and get bla."
"Cool."

It's more, social in wow. Need to group basis and all that.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
tried PUG's a couple of time, always end up doing a HS

found it the complete other way, couldn't stand most people in wow, so just played along by myself, in daoc it was easy to get group... but I was more social back then when it came, now I'm just and elitist bastard when it comes to games and can't stand people that don't know what they are doing (which is a bad thing when it comes to games like this)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its pointless to pug in WoW though because 95% of the players are retarded, if you are lucky enough to get into a decent raiding guild though the end game is great and its nice to achieve stuff together with 25+ other people, my guild has a nice mix we have our raid team which consists of maybe 35 regulars and probably the same amount of casuals.

There are a lot of things i don't like in WoW, everything is item driven and you need 2-3 sets of epic really for different situations, its not a case of reach 70, talk to a crafter and off you go. If you don't have a decent pvp set you are fodder until you have spent ages in the BGs or arena.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
sbun11l.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I guess you are one of these people that is out from 6pm-midnight every day with all the other cool people?

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
I guess you are one of these people that is out from 6pm-midnight every day with all the other cool people?

Not exactly, just know that I wasted over a year at uni with it. The supposed best time of your life. I'll never be able to get that time back. With work you never have as much free time as that. Sure it can be social and you make friends from it but as soon as you switch off they are gone.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
If you don't have a decent pvp set you are fodder until you have spent ages in the BGs or arena.

the 70 normal pvp set is pretty shit tho. so i dare to say that u need atleast the season 1 arena gear to even have a shot at pvp.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can get season 1 from normal pvp now, but there is also season 3 soon (may already be out)

Zede

Part of the furniture
I played wow upto a month ago.

Got to 70, Pve'd for about a month, then switched to pure PvP

99% of guilds on my server were pve orientated, but that still leaves quite a few.

Seriously, the vast majority of people playing wow have absolutely no conception of playing a game with the sole intention to pvp. Blizzard make it impossible to survive on pvp alone, as it constantly costs cash to keep all your char running.

Kicked from various guilds cause i refused to go on 25 man raids. Got my priest totally decked out in full pvp gear though, 476 resilience for those who know about these things !

Much like daoc pvp, wow pvp CAN be fun, but happens less often. There are simply less possible outcomes from any pvp encounter in wow compared to daoc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You can get season 1 from normal pvp now, but there is also season 3 soon (may already be out)

no not yet. should have been this wednesday. but aparently us Europeans celebrate thanksgiving so they decided to push it a week.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Personally I can't understand some of the arguements for DAoC's superior PvP, I used to play it in probably one of the most hated mid groups ever on Excalibur(Village People, kesas group) and the only real difference I can say is that you won't go zerg farming and you don't have to spend 15 minutes on a bloody boat to be able to roam for another 10 minutes before you find a fight that will get ruined by 10 scouts leeching.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
opened my account yesterday, didnt really know what to do when i logged in though ;| my toons aint really well geared. the main difference in wow and daocs pvp is.. how accessable it is... the amount of time ive spent waiting around trying to build groups on daoc.. its so boring, there wasnt really anything to do while you waited, its way too dependant on other people to be able to play and have fun. though when you do it's a million times better than wows pvp.. way more diverse, interesting and challenging. though thesedays i much prefer just logging in, messing around doing a few bgs/arenas.. no one let down if i dont login to play as they would sometimes be in daoc, only have to be as active as you want to be. Though obviously the reward for pvping is way better in daoc...

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Personally I can't understand some of the arguements for DAoC's superior PvP, I used to play it in probably one of the most hated mid groups ever on Excalibur(Village People, kesas group) and the only real difference I can say is that you won't go zerg farming and you don't have to spend 15 minutes on a bloody boat to be able to roam for another 10 minutes before you find a fight that will get ruined by 10 scouts leeching.

IF you play Horde. When i played alliance it was a lot more then 15 minutes waiting for a fight.

Even the pvp in WoW is a stupid grind. Same scene over and over.

I still remember fights in DAOC (killing 144 ppl on ML4 with 2 fg, Camlann rox). I can't say i remember any WoW fights

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
way more diverse,

that was true before the set opted groups got dominated in DAoC. now its either tank groups or caster groups. the diversity is kinda long gone by now :)

you always know how to play versus a tank or a caster group. theres never any real "oh shit how to deal with that setup" moments anymore.

and the CC ofc, love them mezz wars.... not. probably one of the few things blizzard did WAY better then DAoC. no CC spell will ever last longer then 10 seconds in pvp no matter what class you are.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I still remember fights in DAOC (killing 144 ppl on ML4 with 2 fg, Camlann rox). I can't say i remember any WoW fights

lol, a chicken leecher :) waiting untill the enemy is engaged in PvE and then running in "owning" everybody. :eek:

and no u probably will never remember any pvp fights in WoW if its stuff like that ur expecting as u will never ever get the chance to do shit like that.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
blizzard did WAY better then DAoC. no CC spell will ever last longer then 10 seconds in pvp no matter what class you are.
As it will be in WAR aswell :)

I'm still playing WoW and enjoying it. I only do PvE and some few arenas tho, but the PvE is the challenging aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom