World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Gray

FH is my second home
Just recently announced at BlizConn 2011, not got the live stream going but this will be the new expansion.

http://youtu.be/kHMLFpN_jBI

BlizConn 2011

What is Mists of Pandaria?
  • The goal is to combine new gameplay with most fun parts of the past.
  • The plan is to get people back into the world, instead of having players roam around Stormwind and Orgrimmar all the time once they reach max level.
  • Developers want you to do what you want to do to progress your character. They really want you to feel like you have a menu of content where you can pick whatever you want to do, and you shouldn't feel forced to do something to progress your character. For example, daily quests will reward you with valor points but it will still be faster if you raid of course.
  • Character builds are going to be entirely revamped. Talents were still too cookie cutter, so the developers want to give players more choices in their talents.

Pandaria
  • 5 New leveling zones to explore
  • Single, unified continent
  • Influenced by Asian landscapes
  • AH, Bank, and Central Questing Hub
  • No flying until max level
  • There's 5 leveling zones but they are very large zones, and you won't have your flying mount.

Lore of Pandaria
  • A long, storied history.
  • Magically hidden since The Sundering
  • A new land to explore....
  • Pandaria was discovered during the cataclysm, a naval battle between horde and alliance was taking place close to it.

Pandaren starting zone
  • It's a turtle! It left Pandaria 10 000 years ago and never came back. Pandarens who wanted to discover the world left on that turtle.
  • Story focused with simple mechanics
  • Cross faction, choose Horde/Alliance at level 10.

Creatures of Pandaria
  • The Jinyu are fish-like creatures and will be in a wide number of zones.
  • The Hozu are a monkey-like race, they stand up on their legs and can walk around. They play tons of pranks on the local pandarens and are also in a lot of zones.
  • Verming are ... new kobolds, they kinda look like evil bunnies.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yes Carlos :) also a pet battle system is being added so you can battle other players vanity pets with your own, they level up and gain abilities :) You can also fight wild vanity pets to capture them using your own pets.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
It has pandas, that do kung fu. That is enough for me to buy it.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Yes Carlos :) also a pet battle system is being added so you can battle other players vanity pets with your own, they level up and gain abilities :) You can also fight wild vanity pets to capture them using your own pets.

Asian themed, capturing pets which then battle other pets. Sounds nothing at all like pokemon... ;)

Tbh the trailer looks decent, and wow is a great game so I'll defo give it a try...my enjoyment always ends though when I reach max level as I hate raiding and the pvp doesn't appeal to me :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
they're making raiding more accessible in 4.3, they're adding a Raid Finder which basically works just like the Dungeon Finder, you queue up and it wll put you into an easy version of existing raids - so there will be 3 difficulties for raids now:

Easy - Raid Finder
Normal - Normal Raid
Heroic - Heroic Raid

Can't wait to try the new talent revamp out and the pet system myself, sounds so fun being able to fight other peoples vanity pets :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Also seen that they have an offer on, if you subscribe to Warcraft for 12 months you get Diablo III free of charge, an in-game mount and also guaranteed access into the Mists of Pandaria beta.

Fair to say, i'm tempted. I'm tempted.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Also seen that they have an offer on, if you subscribe to Warcraft for 12 months you get Diablo III free of charge, an in-game mount and also guaranteed access into the Mists of Pandaria beta.

Signed up to it as soon as it was announced. Would have been very tempting even if had to pay all 12 months at once but being able to continue to pay monthly made it a no-brainer for me.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I will more than likely purchase this and start playing again after a 10month absence.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Yep I just signed up for this, its a 12 month cast iron contract tho you can pay monthly, you get the in-game mount in 4.3 and obv you get D3/pandaria inv when they're ready.

The in-game mount (i'm sure you'll agree it looks fucking ace)

tyraels-charger-580.jpg

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yep I just signed up for this, its a 12 month cast iron contract tho you can pay monthly, you get the in-game mount in 4.3 and obv you get D3/pandaria inv when they're ready.

The in-game mount (i'm sure you'll agree it looks fucking ace)

tyraels-charger-580.jpg
So if you pre-order now you get this mount?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Yep, basically goto your WoW account page on WoW europe and click on your WoW account, you'll see a new option saying "WoW annual pass" click that/setup subs/agree to contact get free Diablo III when its released(you can pre-load it etc ready to instantly start playing), guaranteed access to Mists of Pandaria beta and this mount when patch 4.3 goes live.

Quoted from WoW Europe

"Diablo III FREE – Download the digital version via Battle.net for free when the game launches early next year. This is the full game, not a trial edition.
Tyrael’s Charger WoW Flying Mount – Ride for the Archangel of Justice on all current and future characters on a single World of Warcraft account. Tyrael’s Charger will arrive via in-game mail with the upcoming launch of patch 4.3.
Access to the Next WoW Expansion Beta Test – Get a guaranteed spot in the beta test for the next World of Warcraft expansion (at a time to be announced in the future)."

Krazeh

Part of the furniture

If you sign up to the annual pass now then you get that mount when 4.3 is released. Plus a free digital copy of Diablo 3 and a guaranteed invite to the Mists of Pandaria beta.

Edit: beaten to it by BloodOmen.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yep, basically goto your WoW account page on WoW europe and click on your WoW account, you'll see a new option saying "WoW annual pass" click that/setup subs/agree to contact get free Diablo III, guaranteed access to Mists of Pandaria beta and this mount when patch 4.3 goes live.
Ooh, ok. So I would have to cough up 12months wedge though?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you sign up to the annual pass now then you get that mount when 4.3 is released. Plus a free digital copy of Diablo 3 and a guaranteed invite to the Mists of Pandaria beta.

Edit: beaten to it by BloodOmen.
You were :ninja:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, basically it gives you the option to pay £8.99 a month :) you just get locked to a 12 month cycle so you can't get out of it.
Ah so basically a contract for 12 months.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ah so basically a contract for 12 months.

Aye, you have to agree to it to obtain the 3 benefits, if you play WoW anyway tho its basically no difference than what you do now and you get 3 free things.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aye, you have to agree to it to obtain the 3 benefits, if you play WoW anyway tho its basically no difference than what you do now and you get 3 free things.
Yeh but I stopped playing back in January of this year... And I know I would level to 90 within a couple of months so have to work out whether to do it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeh but I stopped playing back in January of this year... And I know I would level to 90 within a couple of months so have to work out whether to do it.

I'd say its worth it but thats just me :) works out at about £107 all in all and given Diablo III will most likely cost £30 that falls to £77 which is quite fair i'd say.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
I'd say its worth it but thats just me :) works out at about £107 all in all and given Diablo III will most likely cost £30 that falls to £77 which is quite fair i'd say.

Aye, that's the way I looked at it. Am still trying to kill Raggy HC and will no doubt spend a fair while trying to down Deathwing HC so would have kept a subscription going anyway. This way I save at least 30 quid by not having to buy Diablo III and also save the money I would have spent on the mount if they'd released it in their store.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I've played WoW and all the expansions to date. This will probably be the first one I pass on. It looks super shit. That opinion might change as more detailed information becomes available, Blizzard are very good at what they do but this looks a bit desperate.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I thought it looked alright, i've seen people crying about Pandas but the Pandaren has been apart from Warcraft since Warcraft III so it all fits. The talent system is a neat system, the only part that looked iffy to me was the pet battle system because its blatently just a pokemon rip off :p thats not to say it wont turn out fun tho.

Nate

FH is my second home
I just want the narrator of the video to say "We....are mother fucking pandas"

Gray

FH is my second home
Got the annual pass last night, in the end i'll still be playing WoW regardless in 12 months time so might as well get some benefits out of it. Just a shame though, i bearly login now (Except for the seasonal events) my guild i'm in has all but died due to people letting everyone else down on raid days so haven't raided in about 2 months, yet 4.3 looks so promising.

I know people have been crying for Panda's for years, but now it seems there is a huge outcry that Blizzard actually followed through with them, though i guess most of them are just trollbait.

http://youtu.be/GRQhsQBdRJA

Don't know if i'm keen on them though, spin kick looks pretty awesome but you have to ask yourself when and why you would bother using it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well they did say the healing role from the Pandaren would be a damage dealing healer in effect so most likely you'll either heal with certain attacks or build some sort of energy for healing.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I dont think I'll be playing this expansion. Out of all the quests, dungeons, raids etc I've never heard of the pandaren ever in WoW and I've been playing it since beta. This game is starting to get too childish to even play, pandas that are pandaren that live in the land of pandaria seriously... But what annoys me the most is they haven't even announced who the next big antagonist is so we might end up getting some Big Bad Pandor boss or some other made up crap.

If you ask me they should have made the next expansion based around Nozdormu The Lord of Time. That way they could have brought back all the important characters and events in this game that are full of lore but instead we have all this panda bollocks. Not happy, not one bit.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I dont think I'll be playing this expansion. Out of all the quests, dungeons, raids etc I've never heard of the pandaren ever in WoW and I've been playing it since beta. This game is starting to get too childish to even play, pandas that are pandaren that live in the land of pandaria seriously... But what annoys me the most is they haven't even announced who the next big antagonist is so we might end up getting some Big Bad Pandor boss or some other made up crap.

If you ask me they should have made the next expansion based around Nozdormu The Lord of Time. That way they could have brought back all the important characters and events in this game that are full of lore but instead we have all this panda bollocks. Not happy, not one bit.

They did announce who the next big boss is tho? they said there quite simply isnt one, thats not to say they wont add one later but there certainly isnt one as far as Arthas or Deathwing type baddie goes. The main focus of this expansion is Horde vs Alliance.

As for the Pandaren they've been longer than WoW has.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They did announce who the next big boss is tho? they said there quite simply isnt one, thats not to say they wont add one later but there certainly isnt one as far as Arthas or Deathwing type baddie goes. The main focus of this expansion is Horde vs Alliance/Faction vs Faction.

As for the Pandaren they've been around longer than WoW has.

Quoted for mistake fixage.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah while the Pandaren haven't had a major storyline in World of Warcraft, they have had in Warcraft (Though i've never played those games). World of Warcraft may only be about 6 years old, but Warcraft is about 15 years old.

I even remember a bit of lore being tied in with the Pandaren during quests in the old Barrens - http://www.wowwiki.com/Chen_Stormstout

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom