World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
how you make the cards?

1x Scroll of Wisdom (has a cooldown that resets at midnight - also BOP) - can also find them during dailies in Vale of the Eternal Blossom from the treasure boxes (rarely tho)
10x Starlight Ink (green quality lvl 90 inks)
1x Light Parchment

I have 3 inscriptors, I cant really see the Darkmoon card prices falling for a long time purely because of the cooldown/BOP on Scroll of Wisdom - selling each card for 5-9k atm

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Anyone recommend a decent RP / PVE server with a mature community?

Planning to buy Pandaria and resub, haven't played in about 1.5 years

Want to level a monk from scratch

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not sure about RP but I think most servers are full of cunts these days. The trick is to find a decent guild and then turn off region/trade chat.

Poag

m00?
Whats the farming thing now?

I've not seen any fields yet on my newbie travels, but i might be missing them....

Gray

FH is my second home
Tillers faction in 4 Winds, at that Half Hill market place.

If i recal you need to be lvl90 to start the quests there properly

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Finding the daily quests to be a bit of a pain in the arse now.

Likewise with the farmville nonsense. I need food to raid, for the best food I need to get alts farming vegetables daily not to mention farming the meat too. You need so much meat to make one lot of food that buying it from the AH is not viable.

Repetitive chores are not challenging, they are artificial hurdles to overcome for endgame.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Likewise with the farmville nonsense. I need food to raid, for the best food I need to get alts farming vegetables daily not to mention farming the meat too. You need so much meat to make one lot of food that buying it from the AH is not viable.

Repetitive chores are not challenging, they are artificial hurdles to overcome for endgame.

Glad I don't raid anymore, i'd pull my fucking hair out doing that tiller shit.

Gray

FH is my second home
Close to exalted with Tillers, i probably enjoy that faction more than any other.

I am becoming aggrieved with the other reputations though, i currently have around 2500 valor points and i can't spend any. The faction i want so far is Klaxxi and i'm only half way through honored with them, completing virtually all the Dreadwaste quests. The fact the daily quests only offer around 100-150 reputation is a serious ballache, couldn't give a fuck that they offer TWO charms instead of one, just give me my fucking extra 200 rep to bring them in line with previous factions.

I know theres a mob (Scritch) who drops an item (Hozen Peace Pipe) they should make an item like that a random drop from mobs around the world, or even as a random daily reward.

But the reputation and daily grind is really putting me off what is what i felt a good expansion.

The next patch seems like it's shaping up quite nicely as well with the war between Horde and Alliance, and whats happening with Garrosh, Jaina and Anduin.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

And raiding isn't repetitive chores ad infinitum?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Almost every game is repetitive chores ad infinitum, all depends if you're enjoying the fluff around the repetition.

Hell, works for sex too :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And raiding isn't repetitive chores ad infinitum?

It is, but it is also social and can be challenging. Planting stuff and waiting for midnight on the other hand, isn't.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It is, but it is also social and can be challenging. Planting stuff and waiting for midnight on the other hand, isn't.
It's not challenging no, but nothing says it can't at least be social. :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Dailies always put me off from WoW. The game is very fun with leveling, questing, dungeons and even pet battles. I quit and wait for the next expansion when all there is left is dailies to progress.

They are simply artificial barriers to stop players from burning content too fast. Imo let players grind the reputation or whatever at their own pace

As a note, I am playing a monk and very much enjoying it so far! Only level 41 though, can't wait until I get to the MoP quests

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Closing on my first 90 now. Monk

Only gripe I have with the game is that the Kun lai summit lags alot all the time since there are so many there killing Sha

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
only reactivated my account because my daughter wanted to play a panda, started pottering about in the new content and its pretty well put together.

got my main toon to 90 last night, quest chains are entertaining, loved some of the "karate kid" stuff (trimming the pandas bush and painting the walls etc).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I just had late Wrath/early Cataclysm syndrome again, felt awfully boring/very little to do between raids, I did pet battle for awhile but once you have a few level 25 pets it gets quite tedious.

I wasn't raiding that much in panda, even on a casual basis it felt really boring between raids.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
30kwnia.jpg

Gray

FH is my second home
I just feel so burned out playing my level 90 that i just can't face levelling/questing on my original main. These dailies are absolute murder. In 5.1 i know Blizzard are increasing reputation for alts by 100%, but even some of the reps like Golden Lotus feel absolute shit when they only award around 110rep per quest.

Klaxxi doesn't feel like a drag, i actually enjoy those dailies, they seem quick and painless.
Golden Lotus are nasty. Kill 12 Mogul. Kill 10 Mogul. Kill 12 Mogul. Okay go kill boss now. Or "Go kill that giant Behemoth who is a right fuck to solo".
Shado Pan not had much to do with these, but went with Frost Mage companion first time today *Summon Frost pet* *aggro EVERYTHING* gg.
Tillers were a drag.
Celestials don't seem so bad.

Also don't think i'm a fan of the Tillers and all these cooking receipes which require hundreds of materials to even max to 600 - Then not forgetting that there is an extra set of daily quests once you max out, which apparently is like nails on a chalkboard as well.

Don't think i've run an instance (Not LFR) in ages because dailies take up so much of my time, added to the fact that they max out my Valor by end of the week so i have virtually no reason to. Since you're pretty much forced into doing these dailies to get Revered+ with the main factions there's just no reason to go do 5 mans once you have the gear for LFR.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tbh I can see them adding the rep tabards back into the game because going back to the old way doesnt seem to have worked like they would have hoped, with the tabards you didnt have to worry about doing some shit daily thats super boring/time consuming you could take it at your own pace and do instances or what not instead.

On a personal note the dailies I dislike the most are the golden lotus ones, not so much because they're hard but because of how many things you had to kill - the klaxxi ones arent as boring because of the npc buffs you have to aid you - the celestial ones are fairly quick tbh 275 rep a quest is <3 - shando pan arent that bad either.

All that said I havent logged into WoW for about 3-4 weeks now because quite simply theres fuck all to do speaking from a 'casual do not want to raid' point of view, I could PvP but again the PvP in WoW is fucking terrible.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I do dungeons till 90 and then don't bother with pve. Just been doing pvp bg's as I dinged 90 the Other night. It's kinda boring when your gear is so crap

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I haven't bothered with dailies...don't really see the point. Already have equal or better gear from raiding.

Poag

m00?
Well as i had a year sub (what a stupid idea that was for me) i thought i'd give it a go again.

Bought MoP, played my hunter...to 85.5 got bored stopped playing.

Waited a couple of weeks......

Played my pally, 85.5....got bored...stopped.

All seems much of amuchness now. Maybe if i had mroe time to invest it would be more fun but atm its very "meh" for me.

Gray

FH is my second home
Just feel as if i don't have the patience anymore for dailies etc, reall annoying. Didn't get any Valor Points last week apart from first bit of Heart of Fear, slacked them off completely.

One thing has been grinding my gears since the expansion was released though, Auctioneer and its inability to allow pets to be auctioned off. Expansion has been out about 2 months now and they still haven't fixed the addon, but i have got a massive bulk of pets i need to get rid of but i'm sick of manually adding each individual pet in. :<

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Got all Factions Exhalted in MOP for 2 weeks now.. So when they reset LFR it goes like this: Get of every boss gold drops, Rage quit, login on after a while again... zzzzzz boring nothing to do, quit, wait till next week for LFR reset.. Thats it ATM. Guess i wont renew this month. This game is just way to easy :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It is if all you do is LFR :)

The real raid modes and dungeon challenge modes can be quite tough though.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Too easy when all you do is LFR? That's just silly

Join a guild and attempt heroic raids

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
My server sucks for Guilds these days, and i cba to pay 25 euro to transfer or reroll, also i like to play when i want and not when the guild has there set times. Also yeah i saw alot of streams with guilds doing HC raids, still way to easy these days, i mean 1/2 days to get 6/6... That should take like 2 months or so with trial and error like in TBC.

Anyway account is going to close in 2 days. Now hope that 14 day welcome back bonus from camelot comes up soon again :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Errrr... Top guilds got 6/6 on MSV 25man HC after 3 days. That's typically raiding something like 18 hours per day to be "world first".

To date only 139 guilds worldwide did this so far. Average players like you or me would still be going at it for a few more weeks.

I don't mean that TBC raids were easier, but to claim that MoP HC raids are plain easy is just completely silly

Those streams you saw were probably guilds done with progression and started farming the HC

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We are still 5/6 normal :) but we are a pretty casual guild really. It's more a social experience than getting server firsts or whatever. Though we are the only 25 man Horde guild left on the Bloodhoof server so I suppose any kills we get are server first for horde!

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Errrr... Top guilds got 6/6 on MSV 25man HC after 3 days. That's typically raiding something like 18 hours per day to be "world first".

To date only 139 guilds worldwide did this so far. Average players like you or me would still be going at it for a few more weeks.

I don't mean that TBC raids were easier, but to claim that MoP HC raids are plain easy is just completely silly

Those streams you saw were probably guilds done with progression and started farming the HC

Me and average? :p LOL ;c I can join a top guild if i wanted and raid for 18 hours a day no problem, still there is no challenge in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom