Football World Cup 2010.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
lol awesome result hope i catch reply later wanna see that smug crack head see his dreams go down in flames

netherlands germany final!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Exactly, it's not despicable because justice is being served.

I'm finding these responses very odd. Thats not a criticism of anyone thats posted, just me scratching my head a bit.

The act itself is wrong. What follows afterwards may be a correct response but the initiating behaviour is still wrong. That the guy who did it thought, even if as a lightning response, that it would be ok to do it means he's fine with cheating if he thinks he can get away with it. There was nothing heroic about it, he only sought to cheat Ghana out of a win in the dying moments of the game on the hope they'd fluff the penalty.

He shouldn't be allowed to play in any further world cups, not just as a punishment but as a message to anyone that thinks that cheating is ok. If its seen as a minor slap on the wrists then teams will encourage their players to do these 'sacrifice' moves as gamesmanship. If the governing body comes down hard enough it won't be a problem again.

Just following the logic through. Not getting foaming dog fever or anything about this :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There was nothing heroic about it, he only sought to cheat Ghana out of a win in the dying moments of the game on the hope they'd fluff the penalty.

He reacted the same way most humans do. The ball was coming at him, he could stop it, and in doing so would delay or prevent their whole nation being knocked out of a game they deserved to qualify from. A lot of professionals are deeming it as an instinctual reaction. It's not like he had a masterplan from before kickoff to cheat, is it?

He shouldn't be allowed to play in any further world cups, not just as a punishment but as a message to anyone that thinks that cheating is ok. If its seen as a minor slap on the wrists then teams will encourage their players to do these 'sacrifice' moves as gamesmanship. If the governing body comes down hard enough it won't be a problem again.

Fucking lol, that's utterly mental. The penalty for a handball on the line is a red card. By your logic, there should be other players, such as Harry Kewell permanently banned from major international competitions because of a handball? He didn't punch someone in the face you know.

Just following the logic through. Not getting foaming dog fever or anything about this :D

Clearly logic is not your strong point if you think a handball on the line is grounds for permanent banning in a sport. You don't even see that for drug cheats. Your idea of scale is hilariously out of whack.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Possibly.

I hate cheats and gamesmanship in any game/sport. My personal response is usually to nail them hard.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Are Germany really that good though? Poor defending got them off to good starts against England and Argentina. In both games they spent long periods under the cosh. Funny to think England have a sharper attack than Argentina :p

I can't see Spain being so generous, but then Spain have their own problems... Hopefully they will start with Torres on the bench and we'll see a good game, but I got a feeling Spain will play very negative until they get a good understanding of where Germany are at, that early German goal is the main thing to avoid.

Odds-on has to the Holland-Germany final. I'd prefer Holland-Spain just because we'd have a first time champ.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
y siempre la recordarannnnnnnnnnnn

que viiiiiiiiiiiiva españaaaaaaaa

tugas de mierda pa casaaaaaaaaaaaaa

que viiiiiiiiiiiiiva españaaaaaaaaa

los panchitos tambien

que viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiva españa

viva españa

viva dios

Y VIVA LA GENTE QUE CANTA CON ARDOR

QUE VIVAAAAAAAA ESPAÑA

Sorry I had to do it.

hahahaha fuck you marc.

spain-flag.gif

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
the goal shoul have been awarded it was clear it was going to go in giving a penalty was unfair to ghana that ball was going in the back of the net. that is what should be done in these situation the goal awarded and the player red carded and prevented from any further participation in the current tournament.

its cheating of the highest order in football i think id actually rate it at the top of cardable offences.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
the goal shoul have been awarded it was clear it was going to go in giving a penalty was unfair to ghana that ball was going in the back of the net. that is what should be done in these situation the goal awarded and the player red carded and prevented from any further participation in the current tournament.

its cheating of the highest order in football i think id actually rate it at the top of cardable offences.

Football offences are not black and white. Asking the ref to book someone, diving to win a penalty, or to get a player sent off. These are dirty offences. They are not based on instinct and require some pre-meditation on the players part.

It's instinct for any football player, especially one that has also played as a keeper to stop the ball going in the net. In that situation, any footballer will stop the ball going in the net anyway they can. There is no time for thought, it's not pre-meditated. Suarez is paying a massive penalty, he's going to miss the biggest game Uruguay have had for 50 odd years, and his team and country will suffer from him not being there. He and Forlan are the star players in that team, remove either and they are far far worse.

You guys need to put this in perspective, Ghana were not robbed, they had chances to win the game and did not take them. The referee punished the player within the laws of the game (which are fine for this situation).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking lol, that's utterly mental. The penalty for a handball on the line is a red card. By your logic, there should be other players, such as Harry Kewell permanently banned from major international competitions because of a handball? He didn't punch someone in the face you know.

:iagree:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ok, so.. in football, cheating is ok in a tournament in which it is expected that players will be of, and adhere to, the highest standards possible?

Glad we cleared that up :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ok, so.. in football, cheating is ok in a tournament in which it is expected that players will be of, and adhere to, the highest standards possible?

Glad we cleared that up :p

Nope, it's not gamesmanship, football fans are very vocal when it comes to cheating. This was spur of the moment, Suarez did not try and cover it up. Even the Ghana players have said they were not robbed.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Messi's talking bollocks then. We had enough fast/no product wingers on display in the shape of Lennon and Wright-Phillips. Now Ashley Young on the other hand...

Also, ridiculous that Suarez only gets a one game ban. Should be a three game ban and keep him out of the rest of the World Cup, the cheating little shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's a Villa supporter Wazz. Knows nothing...

Good on Emile tho. Comes home from the world cup in disgrace, puts on a frock and wins the ladies final at Wimbledon! ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aside from the fact that you referenced the daily fail (which should earn you an instant red card and suspension from this thread until the world cup is over), I think you (shock) may be right.

The only reason I think this is his seemingly unrepentant attitude tho...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Daily mail alert, Daily mail alert. Abort! Abort! Abort!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not strictly world cup related but:

Roy Hodgeson was asked if he'd bring Heskey back to Liverpool. He said he'd rather by Jordan's son 'Harvey' because at least he scares the fuck out of everyone and can dribble...

/wonders whether he should have posted that, given the amount of parents on this forum ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I posted another Harvey Price / Heskey joke along the same theme in OT. People got all PC. His number one fan got annoyed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I posted another Harvey Price / Heskey joke along the same theme in OT. People got all PC. His number one fan got annoyed.

That's funnier than the joke tbfh :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually Chetan, one person said the joke is shit, one called you a cretin, rest pretty much ignored the "joke" and you acted like a cock.

I wouldn't normally defile my browser history with a football thread, but you don't go draggin the whole of OT into it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom