Football World Cup 2010.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Am I the only one that realises England don't stand a chance in hell of doing anything?

A lad at work is so sure that we will make the final its scary, he goes all shitty if you try and argue with him about it. I told him to watch the Eng vs Jap game today and then tell me if he is still as confident. Now I know we could and probably will win today but the first half England were god awful. I also know his excuse will be "ahh it was just a friendly" but if we twatted them 10-0 that excuse wouldn't count then.

I would love us to do well but I have my head screwed on enough to know that any of the half decent teams will piss all over us. I even have a bet on that the USA will beat us in the opening game.

I also reckon that the surprise team will be Serbia.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Serbia would only be a surprise team for anyone who knows nothing about football, they have a very strong team.

Anyone who wants those bunch of utter ***** wearing England shirts (bar a couple of decentish people) wants their head checking. Rio, Terry, Ashley etc. - who wants them to have success? Could they be any more pricks if they tried?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Could you wazzer?

support your national team, I think half of them are *****, but they are good footballers and I'll support them when they wear an England shirt.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Could you wazzer?

support your national team, I think half of them are *****, but they are good footballers and I'll support them when they wear an England shirt.

Thank Christ someone said that!

Trem

Could you wazzer?

But theres supporting them and being totally fucking stupid about our chances.

I of course support them but for the love of christ we are shat, couldn't even score against Japan.

But yes I agree we all should support the bunch of multi millionaire spit roasting brats as much as we can.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Maybe Capello is sandbagging so other teams misunderestimate us!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I was replying to wazz, Trem, not your post. I agree we aren't the best team there, but you can never write of our chances of winning. If we turn up and play well then we have a good a chance as most of the top ten ranked nations.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, both that we have a shit team full of overrated players, and that most of our players are ***** who I can't support.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Maybe the other teams all catch aids :) I've heard the whores there are full of it ( Wij must have visited ahead of time ).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Serbia would only be a surprise team for anyone who knows nothing about football, they have a very strong team.

This very strong team that lost to Lithuania in qualifying? Serbia will be lucky to get out of their group.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Saying that England have no chance is abit naive..
especially when you glance at the teams in Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovinia.

England could and should finish Top 2 in that.
and as with any tournement out there "EC, WC, Chmp League ect"
once your at the knock out stage, anything can happen.

So yes I think England has a good chance of getting far in this tournement.
do I rate them in the Top 5 Favorits ? no, and I'd have a few others outside that that I'd place in front of England "as teams" as well.

Funny thing is, I like wantching England play, and often I even root for them,
the only thing that might hold me back at times, and can end up putting a smug look on my face when they loose, is the Arrogance of "some" English fans.....

But really Trem hit the nail on his comment.
But theres supporting them and being totally fucking stupid

Marc

FH is my second home
Could you wazzer?

Even Pesky Heskey the feisty fox?

Marc

FH is my second home
Im no manager but...imo, if England are to stand a chance of making it past the last 16 then they need to park a bus or a plane in front of goal and attack on the counter. With players like lennon, walcott, milner, gerrard and rooney, they can be devastating on the break. England are crap at trying to dictate a game.

Englands key man is Rooney, who plays far better for Man United as a lone striker with 2 wide men, so go for 4-5-1 with Lampard or Gerrard playing off him and Barry (if fit) as holding midfielder.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think its mostly the media who whip up all the nonsense about winning - they arent a bad side but theres a fair few better on paper and there are many rounds to get through.

Still regardless of who wins I'm looking forward to watching some fantastic football and drinking heavily and surely thats the whole point :)

Trem

Englands key man is Rooney, who plays far better for Man United as a lone striker with 2 wide men, so go for 4-5-1 with Lampard or Gerrard playing off him and Barry (if fit) as holding midfielder.

You see, I hear this a lot.

"If Rooney performs we will do well" but for the love of christ he hasn't scored in the last 4 internationals and it looks like he has lost what he had at Utd most of this season. I still do not think we have a world class striker at this level, we need a Shearer or similar to even think of getting past the last 16.

I will now attach my world cup spreadsheet complete with how I think it will go :D

Feel free to alter it to your own tastes but if you look on mine you will see we get Germany in the last 16, yeah because we will beat them won't we? Couldn't score against Japan and only a fool would imagine we could beat Germany. I hope to god we win it but fuck me we won't even get close.

Edit - Can't attach it, its too big for an XLS file :(

rynnor

Rockhound
In the last 2 games I really did wonder if Rooney is injured?

In the Mexico game they kept lobbing the ball forward to him and he rarely ever got on the end of it, in both games he was constantly dis-posessed.

He still looks sharp when he gets the ball in front of the box but I still thought it was a joke when they made him man of the match - I would have gone for the 2nd half goalie tbh - fantastic saves.

I think the speed of lennon/walcott will be a bigger factor in the tougher games than rooney but I still hope he proves me wrong.

Good to see Lampard getting all his penalty misses out of the way before the world cup :p

Marc

FH is my second home
You see, I hear this a lot.

"If Rooney performs we will do well" but for the love of christ he hasn't scored in the last 4 internationals and it looks like he has lost what he had at Utd most of this season. I still do not think we have a world class striker at this level, we need a Shearer or similar to even think of getting past the last 16.

I will now attach my world cup spreadsheet complete with how I think it will go :D

Feel free to alter it to your own tastes but if you look on mine you will see we get Germany in the last 16, yeah because we will beat them won't we? Couldn't score against Japan and only a fool would imagine we could beat Germany. I hope to god we win it but fuck me we won't even get close.

Edit - Can't attach it, its too big for an XLS file :(

As I said, he seems to play better as a lone striker which is why I think england should choose the formation to fit the players, rather than choosing the players to fit the formation. However, it seems capello is looking to use 2 strikers so I fully except the little drama queen to get frustrated and stamp on someones balls/try and elbow an opponent in the face/throw the ball halfway down the pitch in petulance/shag a granny*

*delete as appropriate

Turamber

Part of the furniture
In the Mexico game they kept lobbing the ball forward to him and he rarely ever got on the end of it, in both games he was constantly dis-posessed.

Until Heskey came on for the last few minutes today Rooney was playing the targetman role. It is a waste of his abilities though.

As soon as Heskey came on the ball was won in the air and headed down to Rooney four or five times. People moan that Heskey doesn't score enough but he certainly knows how to win flick ons and win free kicks. His distribution of the ball is pretty decent for a forward too.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
True though that is turamber, is puts too much pressure on rooney as the source of goals. Crouch links up well, maybe not as well as heskey, but he also scores.

rynnor

Rockhound
As soon as Heskey came on the ball was won in the air and headed down to Rooney four or five times. People moan that Heskey doesn't score enough but he certainly knows how to win flick ons and win free kicks. His distribution of the ball is pretty decent for a forward too.

I tend to think Crouch does a better job as target of long balls and he even scores a fair few goals unlike Heskey - I thought Heskey looked old and slow today.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rooney is definately playing with a knock, those scenarios that rynnor mentioned were happening in exactly the same way during his last few games of the season. He hasn't fully healed and wants to goto the world cup, I am dreading him getting crocked and being out for months.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Alone a lot of them are great players, throw them together and put England shirts on them and often they play worse than a bunch of nuns.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
How long will it take before the commentators start talking about 1966? That's what amuses me the most.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Scotland are a fucking shite football team; those that support them will admit to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom