Windows 7 Pre-Order

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okay due to monumental fuck ups I have 2 extra copies of win7 pro. Is it worth me trying to flog them seeing as it now retails for £148? or just refund them? or offer them at cost to freddies?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would flog them C, price is unlikely to drop for a windows CD.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Just got my copies, will probably be upgrading my desktop this evening, and applying my key to my netbook.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Got my copy, will wait a few weeks or mebbe even until new year until a serious kinks are ironed out. My current XP system is rock solid so I see no point in moving over until MS get the first dozen or so hotfixes out of the way.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is there any way to get Remote Desktop to work on Windows 7 without using a VM?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Wasn't sure there was a problem doing that, Bahumat : I've been using it quite religiously for the last few months - I can't actually get RealVNC to work, so was using remote desktop to sort out my win7 media centre.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ahh, we use a VPN connection and then remote desktop into our work pc's. My friend said he could not do this on Windows 7 so has to use a VM on Windows 98.

Will have to quizz him on it

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I has it as of last night. Will prolly be nerding it up after mountainbiking :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mine turned up yesterday, pretty glad as I didn't really fancy having to try and recover it if it went for a walk in the strikes.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Whelp, I'm yet to see any significant improvement over vista. A few not so amazing cosmetic differences. It's faster, though possibly just from moving from 32bit to 64bit and getting use of my full 4gbs.

Overall, quite the anti-climax.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
ahh, we use a VPN connection and then remote desktop into our work pc's. My friend said he could not do this on Windows 7 so has to use a VM on Windows 98.

Will have to quizz him on it

Which version of Win 7 does he have? I have the Pro version and the above is ok for me. I do exactly the same. However, I believe they took out Remote Desktop (both in and out of the machine) for the Home version

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Guys, my missus' little sister a stoodent so can get a copy of this for £30.

Can someone tell me if there is an option to download it or to get the disk delivered? I want to get a phyiscal copy but I'm unsure of the process. Any help mucho appreciated.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
You get the choice of purchasing a disc copy when you checkout for £9. Download is the standard but you don't get an iso, just an exe that unpacks and was broken when I downloaded my copy :/ seems as though others had the same problem

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Quite honestly bodes, if you can't figure out "Ubuntu Language" what in gods name are you doing using it :D I can't get any simpler than "install it, follow the instructions" because if I can install them, just about any bugger can :D

Now I have tried this. I formatted the W7 partition from within Vista, popped the Ubuntu disk in and off I went. I let it set up the dual boot for me and it appears to have created a root partition which is big enough for the OS but not big enough for anything else. Hence when I try to update Ubuntu I get a no disk space error. It's also left a dirty great big empty partiton on my hard disk.

Um, Qué? How do I fix that then?

Vista still works and boots fine.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Errr, I'd have thought it'd have been more "intelligent" than to do that :| TBH I don't have a clue without looking at it. Only thing I can suggest is popping into the partition manager (somewhere within the administrative tools in Ubuntu) and resizing the partition you want - you can do that within Linux without upsetting other file systems etc. Or look for "gparted" for the same thing, GUI partition editor which is fairly self explanitory.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Which version of Win 7 does he have? I have the Pro version and the above is ok for me. I do exactly the same. However, I believe they took out Remote Desktop (both in and out of the machine) for the Home version

I'll have to ask him but I can only assume it's Home. Thanks for letting me know Pro works ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom