WildStar

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by LordjOX, Apr 29, 2013.

1. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Warrior looked quite shit if i'm honest, seemed more "lol comedy" than anything else.

2. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

That's the feeling i'm getting from the entire game. I just hope they're not running out of jokes part way through.

But maybe an MMO that refuses to take itself seriously is what we need?

3. Roo Stercogburn

Roo Stercogburn Resident Freddy

All arguments pro/con are largely irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the content come launch which these days is also known as open beta :)

It looks fun. Until we get hands-on, no way of knowing if it is fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

True, if you can't have a pink lady killer robot as an avatar, no buy.

5. LordjOX

LordjOX Part of the furniture

6. LordjOX

LordjOX Part of the furniture

7. Afran

Afran Part of the furniture

Gievf beta :(

8. Afran

So who's already in CBT and got a friend key sent today? I wants I wants! :p

9. Afran

Well, NDA is lifted for level 1-15 content for specific streamers/press, can check out who's streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/WildStar, generally no one all that interesting atm though other than Kungen

Carbine also have around an our gameplay of each class (except the Stalker) in their highlights at http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar/profile

And can see all(?) the class abilities currently in-game and what scaling their traits do at http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/actionsetbuilder/en/medic/#112:0;106:0;101:0;

givf beta!

10. Ctuchik

And after having played the stress test for about 10 hours i can safely say i was right..

their combat system is fucking retarded. Even with the automatic target lock (only works in pve) it's beyond to fucking illogical and complicated....

11. BloodOmen

June 3rd release date - pre-orders will be available from the 19th of March priced at $59.99 ($15 extra for the Digial Deluxe edition)

"Preorders for Carbine's sub-based sci-fantasy MMORPG will be available next Wednesday, March 19th. The $59.99 preorder provides beta events, early access on May 31st, housing deco that grants a rest XP bonus, character and guild name reservations, a 10-slot storage bag, and the exclusive rocket house shown above, in addition to the Standard Edition's 30 days of play time, buddy passes, and more deco. Another $15 gets you a Digital Deluxe version with a hoverboard, costume, title, and dye set."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/12/wildstar-announces-june-3rd-launch-date-preorder-bonuses/

12. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

by all accounts Wildstar is "rather shit", so bit like your face then eh @BloodOmen :(

13. BloodOmen

stop stealing my insults :(

[FH] BloodOmen: june the 3rd for wildstar du du
    J Peasemould Gruntfuttock: dont care its shit
    [FH] BloodOmen: has something in common with your face then :(

14. Mabs

as if i cba to waste effort , pfft, jenk

15. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Is the MMO genre dying in general? Another MMO that is awful by design.

16. Mabs

i doubt it is dying , i do think its getting over-saturated though, LETS ALL CLONE WOW.. no, lets innovate people, ffs

speaking of which, i am slightly annoyed TESO hasnt nicked the "constant companion" from SWTOR, still one of the best features in any mmo ever :(

17. Ctuchik

I have a hunch that this is what the devs actually want, but the publishers and their shareholders won't let them.

They want the tried and tested path that they know for a fact generates money for them.

On the other hand, the few MMO's that have tried to do something different (TSW and to some minor degree AOC) has ended up being sort of a train wreck anyway...

I've said it before and i still stand by this. What the MMO market need is something along the lines of the MMO version of the video game crash back in -83, but on a global scale not just in the US.

We need a massive fucking "earthquake" that irreparably ruins this sickeningly boring MMO treadmill we're stuck in atm.

And THEN what we need is the devs/publishers to STOP CLONING EACH OTHER! :)

18. Mabs

this is why im watching Pathfinder, and anything else being Kickstarted rather than bankrolled by large companies, hopefully make what people want / push the concept rather than photocopy stuff

19. svartalf

svartalf Can't get enough of FH

Endgame info....
    "it's fun if you like dying over and over to mechanics that knock out half of the raid over and over"

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  20. Roo Stercogburn

I was very interested in Wildstar to begin with but as it gets closer to launch I've not heard or seen a single thing that makes me want to play it.

21. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Loyal Freddie

So I tried WildStar out, beta weekend and all...not seeing the hype. It does nothing original - and that's fine really, but nothing it does, it does well. It tries to do everything all MMORPGS do, from various ones, but ends up mediocore.

Jack of all Trades and master of none. Art-style isn't horrible, but boy, everything about it SCREAMS "F2P Korean MMORPG /w Cash shop!"

I give it two years before F2P. It sucks, during the startign area, it's pretty intense and seems to be fun, but when you get out of that(one hour in), and it's like "HEy, go kill 5 of these for Wolf pelts":

Fucking seriously. It's Sci-fi, some planet...and NPCs still asking for Wolf-pelts for crappy XP and money.

Grinding mobs, sucks too, I HATE this trend in MMORPGS lately where you can't simply GRIND mobs to level, it's fucking annoying, they want you to do their shitty quests. Christ.

So, I'm LV4, killing these guys for 5% or so XP a kill, not alot, they're LV5 enemies. Sounds great. Then I hit LV5.

Same enemies, now 0.5% XP. That's so god damned stupid. I hate modern MMORPGS, and in general what they've become. "No no, we won't want XP parties, we want you to grind Dungeons and Quest!"

At least Mob grinding ENCOURAGED you to explore the world. This Dungeons and Quest only says "No, don't bother."

"Paths" were a cool idea...until you realize ALL IT IS IS CONTENT GATING. Basically "You need to make another character if you want to experience THIS content!"

So fucking dumb. The content should be available to all, but your Path giving it unique twists, instead they lock of content to specific paths. Imagine, Class-specific gear, but instead, Class-specific areas. That's just a fucking time-sink, it's so awful.

I also despise the "Red-zone", showing enemy attacks. You should HAVE TO LEARN enemy attack-patterns and such. This is why I disliked FFXIV ARR as well. In other MMORPGS, in the past, you'd get a visual cue, some kind of warning by the enemy that would alert you and you'd go at it.

Now, shit flashes big red everywhere and tells you exactly when to dodge, to the mili-second. I'm not one of those "HARD-CORE ONLY!" gamers, but I like a -little- challenge. Also, it's another game that falls into "More screen clutter = better game!", which I despise as well. I like a clean UI.

Overall I am not seeing why people think this is going to be the next big MMORPG. Nothing about it is revolutionary it has no gimmick to get you in, and it's not even well-polished. The game releases in less than two months, I know, but there is NOT enough time left to polish it for release.

It's buggy, stuff doesn't work half the time, optimization is poor, especially for the graphics it has. I am not talking about art-style here people, but actual graphical fidelity here folks. It's bad, and that's ok, I don't play games for graphics either...but for the PERFORMANCE to be what it is? For what we have?

I know release isn't until EARLY June, but that is NOT that far off. Level up sounds are fun though, but I don't care for them overall.

It's a game that literally wants you to solo all the content. They said in several interviews their main focus is on solo content, hence, it is not my kind of MMORPG.

Good on you if you like it, but it's not my cup of tea.

22. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

I got a beta key so will try it out, it is frustrating that so many MMOs have ended up being made that would have made pretty epic single player games

23. Roo Stercogburn

MMO is the new DRM. Even when the MMO is effectively a single player experience.

24. Ormorof

been playing it this morning and it feels a little dated, more like what i would expect from an mmo from 2008 at least with dialogue and quest options

25. Syri

Syri Part of the furniture

I had a go with it. I think the best I can say is not bad, but not brilliant. It seems quite well put together, but doesn't push any boundaries at all. Very much by-the-book. Its stand-out feature is pretty much that it's a sci-fi MMO, so a break from all the fantasy titles. Other than that though, business as usual, the same as almost any other MMO.

26. Ormorof

yes i like the sci-fi setting is quite nice, even the comedy aspect seems quite good "HOLY sh*t you levelled up cupcake" made me chuckle :)

but overall its very average, the lack of any voice acting is a bit jarring after spending time play ESO (beta only) and other MMOs like SWTOR

27. Agell

Agell One of Freddy's beloved

Its a big time sink, I have lost hours over the last couple of beta weekends. Enjoyed it much more than ESO (which may just be the type of game that it is), the humour is great and so far the story is good too. I am not sure about the end game, but getting there should be fun. I need to stop playing the next couple of weekends and wait for the release.

28. Ctuchik

Have they done anything at all to improve the combat or is it still a fucked up mess of all the worst parts from GW2 and NW:O?