WildStar

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
My guess is that they will use right mouse button as a mouselock while left button uses the skill you have "selected".

Seems fine on paper, but add lag, FPS issues and other problems inherent to MMO's to that and all that combined with how the combat presumably works is going to be incredibly frustrating.

Now yes i do realize they didn't actually say there were no mouselock. But the way they described it (mouse over a skill to see yada yada yada) kinda hints that they don't have one.

Or that it will be more complicated then it has to be.

Unless of course they just use the skill the second you press the button, which would be a small disaster if you want to kite stuff around.

Just imagine having to stop moving, turn around, use a skill and then turn around and start running again.

I mean, that's pretty much DAoC without the target locking fgs....

I just can't see any benefits from what they showed us.

But as Roo said, time will tell.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've heard in a lot of places that the game is very unpolished right now and they are going to be launching 12 months too early. So the same story as every western mmo.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've heard in a lot of places that the game is very unpolished right now and they are going to be launching 12 months too early. So the same story as every western mmo.

Will be quite a shame if they do.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well we don't know anything about launch date, so "12 months too early" is a hyperbole. 2013 doesn't seem too realistic atm though. More likely sometime early in 2014.

According to released patchnotes they have done alot of balance changes, a fair bit feature changes and a few core gameplay changes. As to what degree of completion the game is in, it's hard to tell as all the gameplay videos thus far are of low level zones. We know that beta testers can do up to level 36 (of 50) and the zones up to that point.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'd rather they waited with Wildstar but hey ho, the pressures of making income. If its F2P and its released early I'll check it out. If its a P2P and its released early they can go screw themselves.

Really? You're actually tanking with autoattacks on your CW? :)

Main in Neverwinter is a DC. Got a CW alt closing in on 60. GF is 30 and is probably the worst tank class I've ever played in any MMO. It really is quite appalling in terms of flow and playstyle. Maybe it changes at 60 but I'm guessing not much.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Main in Neverwinter is a DC. Got a CW alt closing in on 60. GF is 30 and is probably the worst tank class I've ever played in any MMO. It really is quite appalling in terms of flow and playstyle. Maybe it changes at 60 but I'm guessing not much.

Usually the GF flow stops nearer 60.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yeah well they have used about 100m USD and 5-6 years so far.

Most of the criticism to the game I read thus far was the monotonous combat system and the difficulty playing. Which is fine by me

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Yeah the GF is pretty stupid at tanking. Gave up on it at around level 43, and the only reason i don't delete it is because i was being retarded and bough a companion from the store and that fire bird whatever it's called on the AH.

My CW made it a bit further but last solo instance i did i ended up spending close to 200 health pots before i managed to kill the final boss, so gave up on that as well. So now i'm out of character slots and i won't be buying any more just to risk the same shit all over again.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Another basic video explaining what Wildstar is exactly for people who have not been following it :) quite a cool video tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i usually don't go "with the hype", but gotta admit their whole PR stuff is excellent and worthy of a "peek" :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i usually don't go "with the hype", but gotta admit their whole PR stuff is excellent and worthy of a "peek" :p

Aye :) i'm not holding my breath for Wildstar given recent mmo flops but if it has even a fraction of the success WoW has had I can see Wildstar being around for quite a long time just because of how vanilla WoW like it is.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Damnit. I was going to be a pink killer robot, but spacezombie? Maaaan....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Should send them an email that they make housing the "character selection" of the game. So you build a house and while you're playing one character, the others hang out as NPCs in your home(optional, can build own house for all).

Could tie in some benefits of multiple characters etc and bring something new to it.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Payment model disclosed: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/business-model/

Boxed/digital copy + monthly subscription

Copy priced at: $59.99 / €44.99 / £34.99
Monthly subscription: $14.99 / €12.99 / £8.99

Buying 30 days of game time (CREDD) for ingame currency similar to the PLEX system in EVE and Kronos in Everquest

Game delayed until spring 2014

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Payment model disclosed: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/business-model/

Boxed/digital copy + monthly subscription

Copy priced at: $59.99 / €44.99 / £34.99
Monthly subscription: $14.99 / €12.99 / £8.99

Buying 30 days of game time (CREDD) for ingame currency similar to the PLEX system in EVE and Kronos in Everquest

Game delayed until spring 2014

Didn't see the delay coming a mile off or anything :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It kind of was semi official since a few weeks ago. Players in beta knew for alot longer

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Meh, that'll destroy the economy in game.. the Auction House prices will sky rocket once people realise people are buying/selling CREDD all over. I've just lost interest in Wildstar completely.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's no different from Eve. It also depends entirely on what you can buy/sell in game.

Besides which I don't think gold selling/buying is that much of a big deal, I did it a few times in DAOC because I couldn't be arsed to pve.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's no different from Eve. It also depends entirely on what you can buy/sell in game.

Besides which I don't think gold selling/buying is that much of a big deal, I did it a few times in DAOC because I couldn't be arsed to pve.

Yea, but in fairness you can mine fuck loads from roids to make money in Eve or join pirates or x x x x x x, you won't be able to do that in a game like Wildstar, the inflation in EQ2 when they added Kronos was insane, items (even stuff around 10-20) went through the roof.

You're talking level 10 crafted items being put up for 60plat (which I can only describe as being.... maybe 10-20p in DAOC?)

The inflation won't set in until everyone is high/max level anyway because quite frankly there won't be any money in the community to piss away on CREDD until then.

Last edited:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The delay was necessary. Good for them.
Also prefer that system of RMT than chinese spammers and hackers circumventing this weeks shout filters.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meh, that'll destroy the economy in game.. the Auction House prices will sky rocket once people realise people are buying/selling CREDD all over. I've just lost interest in Wildstar completely.

Doesn't really work that way with gametime. As said, it works in EVE and you still have to work to get the ISK together for gametime. No different in MMOs like WoW where you play the market etc.

Real auctioneers will profit when people start asking high prices. Was th best goldmaking time for me when they released new gems in WoW, sell them at low price(as in 30-40% of the ridicilous prices asked) and still make a profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom