WildStar

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Doesn't really work that way with gametime. As said, it works in EVE and you still have to work to get the ISK together for gametime. No different in MMOs like WoW where you play the market etc.

Real auctioneers will profit when people start asking high prices. Was th best goldmaking time for me when they released new gems in WoW, sell them at low price(as in 30-40% of the ridicilous prices asked) and still make a profit.

It will work that way tho because people will make it work that way who want some easy in game currency.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
And how is this different from buying gold from RMT sites?

The only difference is that it is developer sanctioned. Those that want to buy ingame gold for real cash will always have options to do so, with or without CREDD

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The difference is that the devs have to adapt the drop rate on gold to match the sanctioned RMT prices.

/edit:....... or something, i dunno..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends if you can only buy the gametime with gold, without people selling them. I can see how it -could- hurt thr economy if you can buy gametime and then sell it for gold.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
And how is this different from buying gold from RMT sites?

The only difference is that it is developer sanctioned. Those that want to buy ingame gold for real cash will always have options to do so, with or without CREDD

It's legalized gold selling in effect and it'll be done more rampantly than if it were third party sites selling currency because people don't have to worry about being caught, it fucked the Everquest II Auction House when they added Kronos, items skyrocketed, level 10 crafted items went from being a 20-30g each to 10-15p each to give you some idea of inflation, high level stuff went up just as badly.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well it's worth noting that Kronos was added many years from EQ2 launched. Players would have hoarded loads of gold/platinum in that time

Having the same from launch will balance things a little. Plus, CREDD can't be put up by the chosen price by players, it can only be sold from the commodities exchange and is regulated by Carbine.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Plus, CREDD can't be put up by the chosen price by players, it can only be sold from the commodities exchange and is regulated by Carbine.

Yes that will work, at least for a while.

But it 's all going to depend on how fast Carbine sorts out their bot problem (because they will have one MASSIVE bot problem if GW2 is anything to go by). If they wait to long there's gonna be to much gold circulating to fast and they will have to keep adjusting the price to compensate.

And if that happens it's still kinda sorta the sellers market...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I really don't get why they won't just make the gametime a goldsink. You can only buy gametime from carbine with gold, that's it.

Actually i do now that i think of it; if people can sell them it means -someone- bought the gametime in any case. Derp morning brain :p

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"I ask you to join with me in my rading, that WildStar will so enlighten the minds of guildmates, guide the hotkeys and prosper their inventories, that whatsoever they do, shall result in gold, and shall secure to you the world firsts, friendship and appbobation of all gamers." - Thomas Jefferson

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seems the Wildstar hype is picking up, a lot of old WoW players from high end guilds are basically claiming it'll be the next WoW, be interesting to see if it lives upto the hype.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It wont be the next WoW. :)

Not even close.

Probably not, won't know for sure until its been out for a year or so tho, WoW didn't have loads of people at launch either, they only broke 1,000,000 after a few months of being out iirc.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Who cares? It looks like a fun game.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah it does, or well it did.

I can't quite put my finger on it but i'm getting less and less interested in this game the more info they give.

I keep getting the feeling that what they provide is too gimmicky. Like they are afraid to show the game for what it is, so they mask it behind a smokescreen of bad jokes...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
WoW like in fame and success? Doubtful, that's reserved for Blizzards next MMO (World of Starcraft please :p).

WoW like in fun? Most certainly looks that way.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
WoW like in fame and success? Doubtful, that's reserved for Blizzards next MMO (World of Starcraft please :p).

WoW like in fun? Most certainly looks that way.

Blizzard trademarked 2 WoW titles this year so we may even see Warcraft 4 incoming.

The Dark Below
Heroes of the Storm

highly doubtful Blizzard all-stars will be renamed to either of those

Quite exciting because Warcraft 4 could easily pave the way for WoW 2 given Titan is on the back burner for a good few years yet (maybe even canned completely or turned into WoW 2?) WoW is an old game now, they don't want to keep dealing with it forever, giving a fresh engine and design to the game would be a good move.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heroes of the storm is next xpac for WoW btw.

Oop, nevermind that, might not be :p

I'd go with heroes of the storm being all stars and dark below being xpac.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Heroes of the storm is next xpac for WoW btw.

Oop, nevermind that, might not be :p

I'd go with heroes of the storm being all stars and dark below being xpac.

Be silly if they call blizzard all stars heroes of the storm :p such a shitty name for a DOTA clone.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
World of warcraft, then to starcraft, then world of warcraft and diablo for a game about killing satan. Not the best in the naming department to date :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
World of warcraft, then to starcraft, then world of warcraft and diablo for a game about killing satan. Not the best in the naming department to date :D

But still :p Heroes of the Storm

Heroes of Newerth
DOTA All-Stars

You'd have thought the department that deals with naming all went "Well, i'd say calling it Heroes of the Storm is a bit too similar to Heroes of Newerth!" they could have called it Thralls Rectum and still made it sound better :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
HotS(we have that already :() could be related to hearthstone too. It is partly a tablet trademark afterall.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Try to stay on topic. This is Wildstar thread, not Blizzard thread.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Feels a bit like they're trying too hard to sell things that don't look all that different from everything else that's been done in the mmorpg genre.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Feels a bit like they're trying too hard to sell things that don't look all that different from everything else that's been done in the mmorpg genre.

No dude you don't understand, this is totally new and revolutionary and will revolutionise the mmo market with their innovations and creativity!

Just like warhammer and rift did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom