WildStar

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Been Looking at this as a work friend recommends it, but can't see any where on the site that they have a free trail. any one able to shed some light on if they have trails at all?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Everyone that purchased should have 3 guest keys

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
ahhh ok i know a couple of people who brought it will see about stealing there guest key :)

thanks

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Bought it but goodness it is horrible. Far too much happening on the screen, extremely derivative and plays like I'm running in sand. Wish I'd had the option to play a free trial instead :/

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's not terrible terrible but it certainly hasn't lived up to the hype (surprise)

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
It's not terrible terrible but it certainly hasn't lived up to the hype (surprise)

Yeah it was fun till lvl 30 then it just got meh :( And the raiding is kinda the same just dodge the flashy crap on the floor.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it was fun till lvl 30 then it just got meh :( And the raiding is kinda the same just dodge the flashy crap on the floor.

Never got to try the raiding, watched plenty of streams on Twitch of people progress raiding though, looked mind numbingly boring to be perfectly honest.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Bosses are fun. The boring bit is all the trash that take 5 mins to kill per pull, 5-10min corpse runs and some gimmicky stuff like egg corridors. Whereas if you step on one, you get confused (wasd keys jumbled around) and die. Then have to do another 5-10min corpse run to get to the boss staging area

Syri

FH is my second home
Just bumping this as the free-to-play conversion is on the verge of launching. Anyone playing, or thinking of giving it a try? I'm going to have a go at it, see what's changed since beta, and with the conversion patch, as that's supposed to be bringing some major updates in some areas as well.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Logged on a few times to give it a test. Combat is still an unacceptably horrible mix of the worst of two systems. Questing is more like work then entertainment as most quests from a quest hub are spread out over half the fucking zone (and mostly not even in the same general direction) so you spend more time hiking to different quest areas then doing the actual quests..

And then there's the timed "challenges".. OH MY GOD how i fucking hate those, you either do them right then and there or you'll never get the chance again.... Which is REALLY FUCKING FUN WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO THEM!!

But hey, at least there's a mod for those retarded "simon says" repeat the light sequences that does that crap for me...

Syri

FH is my second home
I didn't get far past level 10. The combat wasn't too bad for me, though a bit annoying when you blast everything, including critters and all sorts, that's anywhere near you while fighting. It certainly made a quest to rescue critters more frustrating than it should be. I did like the general way it blended some action in with the regular controls, without taking it too "twitchy".
The quests were the biggest let down though. There was no reason, no sense in them. Just a load of waffle, that really didn't tell you what you were doing. If you ignore the text and follow the markers on the map, you're fine. Ignore the map and follow the directions, you've got no hope... Just feels like the text was added just because some people expect it, but you're really supposed to just follow the dots on the map. Oh, and the challenges did get a bit annoying too...
The interface is really clunky too... it doesn't make it obvious or easy how to change anything, even things like re-arranging the quickbar. You get some skills unlocked automatically, and some that you can choose to unlock, but nothing to indicate why it's unlocking some and not others, or if there's any drawback to unlocking the rest as well... It just doesn't feel complete... it's like someone made a bare frame for a game, put a bit of content in there, and then threw the UI and interface in at the last second. It plays smooth, animation is great, combat works well enough, just doesn't quite come together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom