Why do people dislike America/Americans ?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ye, what does your turtle fails mean?

is it refering to the RTS term of turtling?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He might just like Turtles failing :p

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Trem said:
Luckily this shit hole allows me to express my own views :D
Yeah, I was going to say that. I wasn't having a dig at you by the way, just saying I don't usually feel patriotic but I have that feeling of hurt pride or something when I hear something really negative about England.

You don't often see people being positve about England, not English people anyway. It's like we're afraid to be positive or something, or perhaps slightly ashamed. It's all right to be Scottish, Irish, American even but proclaiming to be proudly English doesn't seem to be the done thing for some reason. Furthermore I believe it's a very English thing to be down on the whole patriotism bit, which sort of explains some of the sentiments towards Americans and, in particular, patriotism in this thread.

I think people like to have groups that they hate, or say that they don't like - it's the Them and Us thing that humans are so fond of - basing their knowledge of a whole society on a few sitcoms or perhaps the three peolple out of 260 million that they may have met sometime, and probably had preconceived ideas about before they even spoke to them anyway...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
yourturtle.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I still don't get it :(

Is it an 'all your base...' type thing? Something that the young people know about?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Maljonic said:
Yeah, I was going to say that. I wasn't having a dig at you by the way, just saying I don't usually feel patriotic but I have that feeling of hurt pride or something when I hear something really negative about England.

You don't often see people being positve about England, not English people anyway. It's like we're afraid to be positive or something, or perhaps slightly ashamed. It's all right to be Scottish, Irish, American even but proclaiming to be proudly English doesn't seem to be the done thing for some reason. Furthermore I believe it's a very English thing to be down on the whole patriotism bit, which sort of explains some of the sentiments towards Americans and, in particular, patriotism in this thread.

I think people like to have groups that they hate, or say that they don't like - it's the Them and Us thing that humans are so fond of - basing their knowledge of a whole society on a few sitcoms or perhaps the three peolple out of 260 million that they may have met sometime, and probably had preconceived ideas about before they even spoke to them anyway...

Well, I agree. I am proud to be English but I think the country has been battered into submission. We aren't allowed to be patriotic because its racist. We aren't allowed to have an English flag or wear a badge with the English flag on because its racist.

You see what I mean. I think this country is a shit hole that its been made into and its ruining the normal English people in it due to how its being run.

Honestly if Labour get in again I am moving to Scotland or Ireland.

Everyone EVERYONE I speak to says they are not voting Labour and I live in a massive Labour voting area full of ex miners and the like.

I personally think Canada has the best idea about lots of things that this goverment doesn't have a clue about. Good old Tony is too woried about losing votes from the minorities and scum to care about the backbone of English people, they are the ones that he thinks don't vote. By that I mean that the people who don't work or don't want to work will vote Labour because they get an easy ride under this government. My mate, who is a waster, says that he doesn't even have to sign on anymore, they just send his giro to his bank account. He will vote Labour I bet.

I aren't racist, I am English.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
*votes for Tremor*

editted to say

thats why we have to stay here, to take back a bit of our countrys sense before we all go mental.

Trem

throdgrain said:
*votes for Tremor*

*makes throd head of Public Relations*

I miss my dad on stuff like this.

Thats why FH gets the pleasure of it :D

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Trem said:
Well, I agree. I am proud to be English but I think the country has been battered into submission. We aren't allowed to be patriotic because its racist. We aren't allowed to have an English flag or wear a badge with the English flag on because its racist.

You see what I mean. I think this country is a shit hole that its been made into and its ruining the normal English people in it due to how its being run.

Everyone EVERYONE I speak to says they are not voting Labour and I live in a massive Labour voting area full of ex miners and the like.

I personally think Canada has the best idea about lots of things that this goverment doesn't have a clue about. Good old Tony is too woried about losing votes from the minorities and scum to care about the backbone of English people, they are the ones that he thinks don't vote. By that I mean that the people who don't work or don't want to work will vote Labour because they get an easy ride under this government. My mate, who is a waster, says that he doesn't even have to sign on anymore, they just send his giro to his bank account. He will vote Labour I bet.

Good call Trem.

And its for that reason my application to Canadian Immigration is being sent on the 1st of July this year

Trem

Ash said:
Good call Trem.

And its for that reason my application to Canadian Immigration is being sent on the 1st of July this year

Oh man, can I marry you if you get in?

I tried before to get in and I didn't get enough points, my mrs did but I didn't due to me being useless and having no qualifications. Having said that we could *almost* get in just with her points, shes an accountant and apparently Canada is crying out for them.

I truly hope you get in, its an amazing country and I bet its amazing to live there.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Trem said:
I think this country is a shit hole run by retards who get voted in by spastics.

I like Scotland though, Ireland is also a hell of a lot nicer. Compare Dublin to Birmingham.

I used to like ireland and there are still parts of it i like, although in recent years i've grown to dislike the irish more and more as by far and away they are (on average) the most ignorant, racist, bigoted bunch of yobbish iresponsible fsckwits i've had the the misfortune to meet.. And that include half my relatives :/

Beautiful country though.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Trem said:
Oh man, can I marry you if you get in?

I tried before to get in and I didn't get enough points, my mrs did but I didn't due to me being useless and having no qualifications. Having said that we could *almost* get in just with her points, shes an accountant and apparently Canada is crying out for them.

I truly hope you get in, its an amazing country and I bet its amazing to live there.

Im sure there will be room for a small one in the suitcase ;)

You do know the points threshold has recently been dropped as well so you maybe able to qualify to get in on the back of your Missus points. You will just modify it as she is the prime applicant.

Trem

yaruar said:
I used to like ireland and there are still parts of it i like, although in recent years i've grown to dislike the irish more and more as by far and away they are (on average) the most ignorant, racist, bigoted bunch of yobbish iresponsible fsckwits i've had the the misfortune to meet.. And that include half my relatives :/

Beautiful country though.

How do I say this....this may sound very bad but.....at least they still have the backbone to be that way without fear of getting stoned. Not that it makes it a good thing but they still have the freedom in their minds to be that way. Its their country, surely they can be the same as every other country is(ignorant, racist....etc).

Lets see if a group of...oh....I dunno.....Papua New Guinea men are any less racist.

I may of made my point very badly there, I just hope someone gets what I'm trying to say.

Have to keep editing because this shitty laptop doesn't type all the letters out first time :eek:

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Trem said:

*loony left wing hippy in shock agreeing with trem post*

I agree, couldn't have said it better. Not sure I'd vote tory tho. I just couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I did. I despise Lib dems too - right now I guess I'll be voting lib dem as the party I least despise. Does anyone else have absolutely zero confidence in any political party to actually do a job without scandal?

M

Trem

Ash said:
Im sure there will be room for a small one in the suitcase ;)

You do know the points threshold has recently been dropped as well so you maybe able to qualify to get in on the back of your Missus points. You will just modify it as she is the prime applicant.

Oh dear god!!

I didn't know that.

*applies*

DaGaffer

Trem said:

You may be gravely disappointed with Canada. I was over there on business earlier this year, and, from watching the TV and reading the papers, they were just as pissed off with their politicians as we are with ours, and for similar reasons. There also seemed to be the same 'the other lot are just as bad' apathy (although they did get voted in as I recall).

English speaking Canadians also have a slightly peculiar tolerance for stroppy Quebecois, letting them have (frankly racist) laws in Quebec that wouldn't be tolerated in the English speaking bits. Its very odd.

Trem

DaGaffer said:
You may be gravely disappointed with Canada. I was over there on business earlier this year, and, from watching the TV and reading the papers, they were just as pissed off with their politicians as we are with ours, and for similar reasons. There also seemed to be the same 'the other lot are just as bad' apathy (although they did get voted in as I recall).

English speaking Canadians also have a slightly peculiar tolerance for stroppy Quebecois, letting them have (frankly racist) laws in Quebec that wouldn't be tolerated in the English speaking bits. Its very odd.

I have been and loved it. Granted it was for an extended holiday but the things I loved over here seemed to still be allowed over there(driving etc) without fear of getting put in prison for doing 33mph. I aren't Canadian I am English so a hell of a lot of what they moan about may not bother me as much, not sure I could vote if I got in actually. That also sounds bad. As long as Tony Blair ain't there its a good start.

I like the points system in Canada as well, even though it fucked me over :D

Actually I'm sure Cherie Blair is the one who is running this country, man I hate that square faced please everyone bitch.

Calaen

`mongoose said:

I agree, couldn't have said it better. Not sure I'd vote tory tho. I just couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I did. I despise Lib dems too - right now I guess I'll be voting lib dem as the party I least despise. Does anyone else have absolutely zero confidence in any political party to actually do a job without scandal?

M

I have no faith in anyone to run any country anymore as soon as they get power they become even more moronic than they were. I am easy though as long as the sun shines.

Trem

Calaen said:
I have no faith in anyone to run any country anymore as soon as they get power they become even more moronic than they were. I am easy though as long as the sun shines.

Lets see how you like these apples then -

*bans Cal from Dominoes*

Ha!

DaGaffer

Trem said:
I have been and loved it. Granted it was for an extended holiday but the things I loved over here seemed to still be allowed over there(driving etc) without fear of getting put in prison for doing 33mph. I aren't Canadian I am English so a hell of a lot of what they moan about may not bother me as much, not sure I could vote if I got in actually. That also sounds bad. As long as Tony Blair ain't there its a good start.

I like the points system in Canada as well, even though it fucked me over :D

Actually I'm sure Cherie Blair is the one who is running this country, man I hate that square faced please everyone bitch.

A lot of the stuff they moan about would affect you if were living there, like taxes and corrupt government (sound familiar?) Don't get me wrong, I like Canada, I've been a couple of times, but visiting and living somewhere are two different things; I love Australia as well, but the fact that every bloody Australian seems to went to live within 500 yards of my house tells me that all may not be as rosy as it looks Down Under...

Calaen

Trem said:
Lets see how you like these apples then -
*bans Cal from Dominoes*

Ha!

You are not allowed to ban me :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I voted Labour and I will again. In fact I'm voting Labour in the local elections...

The latest Conserv Leader is just as bad if not worse than the previous ones that have come and gone since Blair has been in power....

Will

/bin/su
Trem said:
Because Scotland would never vote for a Labour government. o_O

Tom

I am a FH squatter
`mongoose said:

M

6.jpeg

Lib Dem? No thanks mate.

Trem

Her third from the left would get....it.

Hnnghhh.

I know Will, but thats because civilisation hasn't reached you jocks yet, I really fancy moving up there and becoming the king of Scotland, which will happen if I do. Then we can invade London and burn all the ponces.

Athan

Resident Freddy
UrganNagru said:
"25% of the worlds pollution, etc etc."
My statistics are probaly slightly out here but the world has a population of around 6 billion, America a population of around 250 million, that comes to around 4% by my reconning.

8 Pages now, and no-one caught this.

The world "pollution" is not the word "population". Whilst your maths with respect to population may be correct, the poster you quoted said pollution.

The pollution contribution by the USA (to give the country its correct name) may not be 25%, but it is considerably higher than the 4% that you reckon its population to be.

Anyway, I didn't actually read all 8 pages, I just did a quick search for "%" on each to see if anyone had caught the mistake above. So maybe what I'm about to say already has been said.

I think part of the problem people have with USAians is due to the fact that the USA has had access to great big swathes of land and resources which allows them to merrily burn through such with scant regard for the outcome. This leads to them having a lot of things much cheaper than any other country, which in turn leads them to expect it. That leads to a certain arrogance.

Currently 'W' is apparently low in the approval rating polls because gasoline has hit US$3/gallon, where historically USAians are more used to aroudn US$1.20/gallon at the highest. This ignores the fact that the UK has been used to prices at least double that US$3/gallon. So it's understandable why some people dislike the USAians for whining when they in fact have things very easy compared to many.

Having said that I do have a great number of friends who are USAian or Canadian, and a lot of them are NOT the arrogant types at all, although it does still pop up its head now and then. If not for my own problems I'd have long-since moved to the states and been very happy there.

-Ath

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I started reading this and it all sounded very encouraging:

Hague stresses human rights duty
Championing human rights and tackling states which abuse them must be central to UK foreign policy, shadow foreign secretary William Hague is saying.

He says human rights abuses cannot be tolerated in the 21st Century.
"Yet, across the world, unjust imprisonment, detention without trial and torture continue to be seen," he says.

(No shit! About time someone in government spoke out against gitmo! He continues...)

"In countries as varied as North Korea, Turkmenistan, Eritrea, the Sudan and Belarus, serious human rights abuses are occurring."

(WTF? What happend to the US, Russia, China...??? :wanker: )

"Human rights do not apply solely to the Western world, nor do they reflect standards from which particular cultures or religions can choose to opt out," says Mr Hague.

(Not entirely true, you can opt out if you're on the UN council)

If the Americans decided China needs negative press, they would have been on that list and if they wanted Pakistan to feel the heat, they would be there too.

Whine all you like about leftists, immigration etc, in the end the government couldn't care less. They have their own agenda and will work towards them regardless. We live in totalitarian states but people are too stupid to see it. :eek6:

Calaen

While Toms picture made me giggle, looks has nothing to do with it. It is down to them wanting to do a good job for the people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom