why do infils need a nerf?

M

Melachi-

Re: Re: Another shipload of whine...

Originally posted by froler-mid
sounds like balance too me...(?) ;d

Think you missed a part

Originally posted by jox
So what is the bottom-line? That I have 50% chance to survive a encounter with you...IF I have purge up

G

grimster

Originally posted by azshara
was that a typo? trying to type 'whining'? ;d

Ahhh another 3 apple high luri that's bitter we PwN'd him
:)

A

azshara

Originally posted by grimster
dont think the <PAIN> thingys have pwnd me even once.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by grimster

Don't turn this thread into 'oooh, look at me, I know how to zerg'.

There's actually been some good suggestions overall.

And if you whine so damn much about thrust, why spec it?

Because you know that the dragonfang style is an "I win" style more often than not - there's no other real reason, is there? ( can't be, as much as you are whining about it's damage ).

Maybe the fact that if you're slash, the debuff would hurt you as much as it hurt SB's ? ( yet another reason why SB's don't like you :p )

Str/Dex debuff poisons anyone?

B

BidAccount

Dragonfang - the thing SBs like to whine about most. Except it really isn't that big a deal. Unbuffed I get the opportunity to fire it maybe every other fight (remember only works if you evade main hand, not offhand). That's fire it mind - land is another question. Certainly if you're a retarded a painling it'll land more often as you're standing static like a gimp - but against someone who has a clue its a lot less often. Then of course its evadable anyway.

So maybe one fight in 4 it'll land - and maybe it'll swing the balance of the fight, or maybe its too late anyway, or maybe it'll get purged.

Or maybe SB players'll get a clue, because at the moment they're whining about a very reasonable and balanced style (balanced within the 3 realms context). Because if DF is up for reduction, there are a lot more mnore effective/easier to land stuns that'll be on the block.

(And on the 'why spec thrust over slash' question, what you'll notice on the US servers was a huge shift to slash/dw templates - mercfiltrators- in an attempt to combat 1 class only. Yup, the pre 1.62 shadowzerk. DF is not an issue - learning to play on a balanced field is it seems.)

N

NP_Finster

Boring thread... nothing new to read here.

G

grimster

Originally posted by Whisperess
Don't turn this thread into 'oooh, look at me, I know how to zerg'.

There's actually been some good suggestions overall.

And if you whine so damn much about thrust, why spec it?

Because you know that the dragonfang style is an "I win" style more often than not - there's no other real reason, is there? ( can't be, as much as you are whining about it's damage ).

Maybe the fact that if you're slash, the debuff would hurt you as much as it hurt SB's ? ( yet another reason why SB's don't like you :p )

Str/Dex debuff poisons anyone?

You actually make as much sense as a brick.

I am thrust? I know DF is a "I win" style?

Where am I whining? I am slash yes...can't specc much else ya know :)

Infils are just fine, they just need to look more at me and Zerg better that's all.

These threads are as much fun as watching paint dry ya know.

C

censi

aye its been discussed b4.

he is right ofc.

it would be nice to boost the other stealthers so that those peeps who wanted to solo have a more level playing field.

to those that say infs are no better than other stealthers you are wrong (and you play an inf to)

Ive played both. Infs are tough as nails and you can take out pretty much everything with them.

Its not a massive difference but DF and 2.5 spec need to be looked at really.

H

hellraisermk2

Originally posted by froler-mid
just slam him from behind...i mean its not like we are savages, u know....:rolleyes:
QQ

Yes, slam a class that gets the jump on you from behind. Not. Gonna. Happen. Funnily enough I can't see infils through stealth to sneak up behind them, and once they've popped there's a 1% chance that I may be able to get behind and pull of a slam (if the infil is drunk/ lagging like hell).

What an utterly stupid thing to say. Not mention slam has no to hit bonus. In my 22 months playing DAoC, I've never yet managed to pull a slam off on an infil. I don't even bother trying anymore as it's a waste of endurance; I'd rather save the end for the off chance that I actually survive past DF.

As for saying 2.5 spec points is justified to get 50 thrust, well what about slash infils? If it really is the case, then how about any infil specced in slash is restricted to 2.2 spec points? By normal infil logic, that'd be absolutely fine, afterall, the 2.5 points is to get "useless" thrust to 50 (If it was so useless and crap, then why are the majority specced in it? Seems a little silly to spec a crap line :rolleyes: )

H

hellige

no whine about dual shadows?

Dual Shadows
Dual Wield - available at spec level 50
Opening: In front of target
Medium bonus to chance to hit target.
Medium penalty to defense.
Fatigue used: Medium
Bonus damage: Medium
Special: Bleeding

Does damage to a target over a period of time.
Damage per tick (every 4 seconds): 25
Damage type: Body
Duration: 40 seconds

its an anytime in 1on1's and an inf can easily get 50dw/50thrust

and if you ever get rr10

50thrust
50dw
30stlth
30env
21cs

=(

C

catalina

Most popular suggestion seems to be dropping the DF stun to 6s, well let me ask you, would you spec to 50 in a shitty line that has only one other decent style (back positional) to get a 6s stun?

If they nerf DF they have to look at a complete review of thrust styles to drop it to 29 or 34 thrust. Yes i believe DF is *slightly* overpowered, but this could be fixed alot easier by giving SB/NS more spec points and SB the option to spec a 2nd dmg type.

On the slash infil note, i used to be a slash inf and tho it's reasonable against SB's (cos of the slash weakness) it sucks in general because you have no stun style whatsoever. The only chance you had for a stun was with CD if you spec CS, but you very rarely get the chance to land it. Especially pre-1.62 when every SB you got near unstealthed with Doublefrost4tehwin, then you were left with no stun, poor offhand chance, and a big fat weapskill penalty from str/con debuff.

N

nalistah

Originally posted by catalina
and a big fat weapskill penalty from str/con debuff.

welcome to the world of shadowblades.

M

Melachi-

In my opinion, Dragon Fang is not overpowered, its a good lvl 50 style, the problem is Infiltrators can get it too easily with their 2.5x spec points. I dont really know a perfect solution, but i do think 2.5x spec points is far too much, compare it to extra HP's SB's get, or the DD's Nightshades get and its a clear margin ahead

C

catalina

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by catalina
and a big fat weapskill penalty from str/con debuff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by nalistah
welcome to the world of shadowblades.

I'm talking pre-1.62 nerf here, u know where LA was overpowered and you get to hit with both weaps every round. While slash infils were hitting with both weapons every 3rd or 4th round if they were lucky, and doing a hell of a lot less dmg while they were at it ;)

Give SB/NS 2.5x spec points to see how it works out. This senseless nerf after nerf of different classes is going to ruin the game. Oh and give a stun in slash line that doesn't require a block/parry so i can go back to it :D

A

azshara

Originally posted by Melachi[Mid]
In my opinion, Dragon Fang is not overpowered, its a good lvl 50 style, the problem is Infiltrators can get it too easily with their 2.5x spec points. I dont really know a perfect solution, but i do think 2.5x spec points is far too much, compare it to extra HP's SB's get, or the DD's Nightshades get and its a clear margin ahead
50 more hp for SBs...
vs.
60 more dmg (before resists) every 20sec with end loss.
vs.
2.5x spec.

id take 2.5x spec any day.

M

Melachi-

50 more hp for SBs...
vs.
vs.
2.5x spec.

Sorry i worded my post badly, i was trying to say the same thing, that 2.5x spec points is fields ahead of the HP bonus SB's get and the DD's NS get

T

TunFiskeMad

Am i the only 1 finding it funny that when ppl start talking about infils being owerpowerd its suddently the best solution to boost the other classes instead of nerfing them .....
How come that never came up when mid got nerfed all u yelled was NERF NERF ...
mayhap just me being kinda tired of listening to all the yelling

D

deerstalker

I've read this entire thread.. don't ask me why.. but well..

The one thing that I have noticed is not one of you understands the NS/SB/Infis.

Your assasins, your job is to take out the support classes , Healing / Casters.

Comparing one Assassin class vs Another is a stupid comparison.

SB's have a hybrid realm and a Magical realm to kill
NS's have a hybrid and a Melee realm.
Infi's have a Magical and a Melee realm to deal with.

Which one of these three has the hardest job?
Which one gets the most spec points?

Which weapon class ( from all three realms ) does the least damage?
Which weapon class has a long stun duration for specing in that class?

/em rolls eyes

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by hellige
no whine about dual shadows?

Dual Shadows
Dual Wield - available at spec level 50
Opening: In front of target
Medium bonus to chance to hit target.
Medium penalty to defense.
Fatigue used: Medium
Bonus damage: Medium
Special: Bleeding

Does damage to a target over a period of time.
Damage per tick (every 4 seconds): 25
Damage type: Body
Duration: 40 seconds

That bleed is only for mercs:p

H

hellige

the bleed is not the bad part....however the frontal positional, low end cost and high dmg is.
dont really need df when u outdamage your opponents anyway?

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by hellraisermk2
Yes, slam a class that gets the jump on you from behind. Not. Gonna. Happen. Funnily enough I can't see infils through stealth to sneak up behind them, and once they've popped there's a 1% chance that I may be able to get behind and pull of a slam (if the infil is drunk/ lagging like hell).

What an utterly stupid thing to say. Not mention slam has no to hit bonus. In my 22 months playing DAoC, I've never yet managed to pull a slam off on an infil. I don't even bother trying anymore as it's a waste of endurance; I'd rather save the end for the off chance that I actually survive past DF.

as a warrior u cant slam a infil? ungimp yourself pls......(your not playing on equal terms etc if u cant land it~)

B

Belomar

The stealther war is a war of its own, its participants most the time fighting it out between them independent of the large-scale RvR battles raging on the server. For myself, I hardly care about the strengths and weaknesses of each assassin/archer class, and don't mind either of which gets nerfed or buffed, to be honest. So, those of bringing the "Mythic always nerfs MID" argument into the discussion really don't have much backing, IMO, since the stealther war is a game within the game.

F

froler-mid

50 more hp for SBs...
vs.
vs.
2.5x spec.

yea, everyone says that(every sb)

but u as a NS would u trade dragonfang and 2.5spc pts FOR AP, WA, Viper, diamondback and your "crappy dd" (insta interupt..)?

(2.5spc pts isnt really needed at high rr....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom