why do infils need a nerf?

R

ReaLX

That's the question I want to ask all of you. Infils haven't changed much overtime, the other classes have however. But why do u want to see infils being nerfed now? They have had DF for a looooooooong time already, haven't heard u whine (much) before.

Infils aren't overpowered, they are just better atm, but don't go screaming for a nerf for the infil, go scream for a fix for the other classes.... if u keep going like this every char in daoc in one year will be the same as a lvl20 at this time....

B

Bonegoat

dont nerf savages just make every other tank supermegakillers

N

Nazghul-

The overpoweredness of dragonfang was equal to the dmg on LA so sb's and infils were able to compete at equal lvls before.

-Enter 1.62-

If an infil evades once its game over for the sb if he doens't have purge...

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by Bonegoat
dont nerf savages just make every other tank supermegakillers
A savage however, is a NEW character in the game, Mythic obviously made them a bit too powefull, you can't deny that.

Infil and other stealth classes are however ancient already, so has nothing to do with eachother ok.

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by Nazghul-
The overpoweredness of dragonfang was equal to the dmg on LA so sb's and infils were able to compete at equal lvls before.

-Enter 1.62-

Yes you're right, but complain about SB's lacking offense, don't complain about something that hasn't changed, just has changed IN COMPARISON to another character....

R

ReaLX

But another question then:
Why do u want Dragonfang to be nerfed/fixed when a lot of other classes have an ANYTIME 9sec lvl42 stun (scout, paladin, armsman, reaver).
DF is a lvl50 style, so it should give somethign in return of putting 50 spec points in it.

X

xplo

Well if you remove the overpowerd things of a savage (savagery) then you have a warrior in studded and no shield spec...

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by Nazghul-

-Enter 1.62-

pre 1.62 was far from equal.

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by xplo
Well if you remove the overpowerd things of a savage (savagery) then you have a warrior in studded and no shield spec...
Don't change this into a savage thread please :p

G

Ghostly

Originally posted by ReaLX
Why do u want Dragonfang to be nerfed/fixed when a lot of other classes have an ANYTIME 9sec lvl42 stun (scout, paladin, armsman, reaver).
DF is a lvl50 style, so it should give somethign in return of putting 50 spec points in it.

its quite easy: Because there is a lot of stealther vs. stealther combat going on, where the 9 sec stun of DF is really felt, I guess other realms assassins can live with loosing to the other classes with 9 sec stun, but get tired of losing to infs :)

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by Ghostly
its quite easy: Because there is a lot of stealther vs. stealther combat going on, where the 9 sec stun of DF is really felt, I guess other realms assassins can live with loosing to the other classes with 9 sec stun, but get tired of losing to infs :)
So u want all stealther classes to be the same in everything? SB had LA which was (I think) a nice thing versus DF.

G

Ghostly

So u want all stealther classes to be the same in everything? SB had LA which was (I think) a nice thing versus DF.

where did you read me saying they need to be the same???
Have you ever even tried dueling a thrust inf? its fucking frustrating, I'm not saying other assassins need a 9 second stun, but bring back DF to 6-7 secs. And LA WAS nice vs. dragonfang, it's teh suck nowadays so don't even compare the 2 ;)

W

witte-

where did you read me saying they need to be the same???
Have you ever even tried dueling a thrust inf? its fucking frustrating, I'm not saying other assassins need a 9 second stun, but bring back DF to 6-7 secs. And LA WAS nice vs. dragonfang, it's teh suck nowadays so don't even compare the 2 ;)

LA was to nice.
DF is imo such overpowered atm ^^

R

ReaLX

And LA WAS nice vs. dragonfang, it's teh suck nowadays so don't even compare the 2 ;)
I AM comparing the two, because they are both an unique thing for both characters, what was nerfed previous patch could be brought back, u never know, however mythic probably doesn't see the wrong thing in rendering LA useless, and will continue to just nerf other things to make up for their mistakes.

But the thing that worries me is things like those polls on VNboards, those things will make Mythic make nerf patches, then it will start all over. Like I said before, in 1 years time all chars will be like lvl20 one nowadays :/

J

jakobi

Another problem is that with 2.5 spec points an infil doesn't really loose anything by going 50 thrust, could be interesting to see if that was changed to what other stealthers get...

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by jakobi
Another problem is that with 2.5 spec points an infil doesn't really loose anything by going 50 thrust, could be interesting to see if that was changed to what other stealthers get...
Finally someone that knows where I'm heading ;)

O

old_saxo

What mythic wanted whit LA nerf was because they did not want 1 hit killer berserker witch was better than merc and blade.

And they did not like that there was made a new class named Shadowzerker. They wanted the Sb to get back to a well ? backstabber again.

And whit a 2hand they are truly good whit backstab i tryed it and it not bad

Assiasens, is one of the damn hardest to lvl. So therefor i think they could have a bonuss reward in RvR as they did not in Pve ?

P

Pin

Infiltrators were made marginally overpowered in around 1.46. There were made more so in 1.50 and boosted further in 1.53.

The only thing is that so were Shadowblades (and Shadowblades got an extra boost in there aswell)

Then 1.62 came and SBs were nerfed (by removing the extra boost they had) so for one they feel it's unfair that they got hit and aren't ahead of the rest.

So yes, assassins need a nerf and Infiltrators need a bigger one than the others.

U

uglymug

Infils aren't overpowered, they are just better atm,
that says it all really..and the same argument could be used against any nerf of any class (BD's/savages/chanters/infs/whatever aren't overpowered..just really good at what they do)

anyways ... nerf 2.5 specpoints.. or give to all assassins

B

Belomar

Originally posted by xplo
It's not the Savagery line that is overpowering Savages, it's the cheap tank RAs. Remove them and Savages are fine.

P

parzi

"fine" as standing around rooted the whole fight, sure, would be fine for you.

no ranged dmg no grp ability = need det or hi thane #2 that cant even cast spells that do at least look cool ;)

savagery line is overpowered since savages dont pay enough for their buffs, and they pay when they wear off, should loose life right away and percentage of buffed hp, also some of the selfbuff effects are too good.

F

froler-mid

infils dont need a nerf and sbs dont need a boost. hope mythic understands this :D

A

Arnor

try landing slam on a dude with evade7 and buffs

then you try evading anyone with evade7and buffs, then fuck off comparing df to slam, ok?

remember that you have 0.3 xtra skillpoints pr lvl, so saying df is justified by having to spec 50 in a line, just doesnt hold ok?

I specced 50 in leftaxe, what do I get? a style thats third in a chain and does less dmg then the first 2, just a sample.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Arnor
try landing slam on a dude with evade7 and buffs

then you try evading anyone with evade7and buffs, then fuck off comparing df to slam, ok?

remember that you have 0.3 xtra skillpoints pr lvl, so saying df is justified by having to spec 50 in a line, just doesnt hold ok?

I specced 50 in leftaxe, what do I get? a style thats third in a chain and does less dmg then the first 2, just a sample.

just slam him from behind...i mean its not like we are savages, u know....:rolleyes:

as for your lvl50 poo style in LA....assains got the same...lifebane sucks, 50CS style sucks.....sooo... QQ

S

Shaurr

Well RealX, thats what SBs asked, go fix other classes, don't nerf ours.

Hope it works for you guys.

Anyways, I still love my sb.

A

azshara

lower infs to 2.2x so they actually have to lose something to get 50 thrust. cos atm they dont have to.
and from my point of view, inf lands df on me with purge down... im dead. if both buffed/unbuffed.
another thing is that u could lower the stun in duration and spec, or make it a 2nd style in a evade chain.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by froler-mid
as for your lvl50 poo style in LA....assains got the same...lifebane sucks, 50CS style sucks.....sooo... QQ
How stupid are you, really? :D

Compare that to a Shadowblade then, since you're talking about assassins.

50th LA style sucks, lifebane sucks, 50 CS style sucks.

oh my... let's see, where does that leave us? Axe spec... havoc + tyrs maybe? stun styles in axe is after parry ( which we don't have ) or after a block ( which we practically won't see ) or sword spec with Ragnarok... that's a pretty awesome style... oh wait, it's back-positional... and only stun style is after block.

2.2 specpoints at that, stun style at best as second-in-chain, slash vulnerable armor and slash as only possible damage type. no wait, let's make infils leather not vulnerable to slash! 'cuz we can't let leather be leather in albion! GG!

Can't wait to see you cry ( or possibly quit ) when infils get hit with the nerfbat, it's coming your way - and you know it.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by azshara
lower infs to 2.2x so they actually have to lose something to get 50 thrust. cos atm they dont have to.

Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom