Why? A question for clerics

A

acei

I have a question for other clerics in albion....

While doing RvR and PvE i have seen VERY few clerics that have the 100% rezz ability.

Advantages:
5minute RS
Full HP
Half power
It gives higher RP's than the other rezz's

So in RvR/PvE you can rezz a entire army back to full strength within a matter of seconds, yet not many clerics have this ability, why not?

H

Hit ^_^

40enha=higher resist=you wont die.
so no use for full rezz.

40reju=crappy buffs=if you get hit group will die due to buffs being crappy.

C

Cronn

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
so no use for full rezz.

What a remarkably stupid thing to post.

A

acei

so no use for full rezz.

*agrees with Cronn*

My final spec will be:

41rejuv
35enhance
3smite

The enhance of 35 gives me GREAT buff's, the rejuv gives me superb heals and full rezz. The 3 smite gives me the lowest mezz but it has come in slightly handy in PvE for getting away from agro for a few seconds

H

Hit ^_^

still resist buffs are Realy important in rvr even if the 39spread heal is nice. 35reju is more then you need.

spread heal heals for 470ish and other heals for 330 or 540 depending on what you want.

so aslong as you dont get hit you have no problem keeping the group alive.

8% more resists helps allot and so does the buffs.
full rezz ill allways nice but not that "uber"

A

acei

still resist buffs are Realy important in rvr even if the 39spread heal is nice. 35reju is more then you need.

spread heal heals for 470ish and other heals for 330 or 540 depending on what you want.

so aslong as you dont get hit you have no problem keeping the group alive.

8% more resists helps allot and so does the buffs.
full rezz ill allways nice but not that "uber"
Resist = Superb for RvR are they also superb for keep takes and relic raids? No chance, what you want in RvR/keep takes and relic raids is to keep your group alive and if you can't keep them alive get them back on their feet as quickly as possible... in relic raids it's essential to get people back on their feet as fast as possible it's one of the many reasons the last raid failed because we couldn't get people back on their feet quick enough :(

P

pilia

And we go on RR everyday ?

Difference between 40 rejuv or 35 rejuv is minimal i think.
One gives better heals,other gives better buffs,but it all depends on the situation,both are equally good,except for the rez,but a player specs how he/she wants,and there is nothing wrong with that.

A

acei

Originally posted by pilia
Difference between 40 rejuv or 35 rejuv is minimal i think.
One gives better heals,other gives better buffs,but it all depends on the situation,both are equally good,except for the rez,but a player specs how he/she wants,and there is nothing wrong with that.
I'm not asking them to 'justity' their choice as it is completely upto them what they spec :). Ii just want to know why they don't go for the 100% rezz i.e. is something in enhance/smite any good that i have missed?

H

Herbal Remedy

so no use for full rezz.

wow have u ever actually rvrd with a cleric?

/agree cronn remarkably stupid thing to post

G

ghaladriel

41 reju 35 buffs 3 smite is the best respec for cleric. you can heal for 1400 hps and nices buffs :).

S

smerf

In RvR the full rez is a battle winning ability, sorc just died? simple rez him and you have your CC back, the power of the full res has also been dramaticly increased, it used to have a stupidly long cast time, now its 4 seconds, so its more than posible to full rez somone in a battle with little impact on your healing, also specing 40r+ you get the 39 spread heal which is far better than the 30 one, for 1/5th more power u get a heal which is twice as good, not only that it does 602 point on a single target, that makes it almost as good as your best single target heal, except it heals everyone!
Buff wise you gain next to nothing speccing to 35/36 that u can get with 40+r than u do with 40e, u get a slightly bigger dex/qui buff at the expence of the full battle winning rez, and the best spread heal.
What about power useage? well at rr5 you can have the essential BoF and purge, as well as MCL2 and RP, thats almost 3 full bars of power, this means that battle rezzing and the use of the larger spread heals is more than practical.
However i wouldnt spec more than 40r as i find the 41 big heal to be too big, ans uses too much power for what it diesm especially compared to the 39 spread heal.
You will find that pretty much all the good RvR clerics have 40r or more (there are a few excelent clerics with lower rej, but they are are exception rather than the norm.
The reason why u see so few clerics with the full rez is that for PvE a cleric only needs 19-25r, and a smite cleric are far easier to level, as your despirately wanted in grps and you solo with the best of them.
I also suspect that rej/enh cleric also dont spec to 40r until level 50, id guess that they would go 32ish rej, then 35ish enh. then 40rej.

just my 2p

D

dakeyras

Best cleric spec ever was 48 smite/23 rejuv and rest in enhance!

/em wipes a tear from his eye and prepares to hang his hammer on the wall of Shadowlords Guild mansion.

Those were the days...

Mids inc!!!

Dive bomb mezz...back up...pick the healer...boom..stun...boom,boom,boom

Then hammer time...

/cry
/weep

K

K0nah

well im going 40enhance 36rej 4smite

OR

37enh 36rej 15smite (for the 15sec pbaoe which may last long enuf to get a heal or 2 off ..if it isnt resisted..)

OR

37enh 39rej 4smite, depending on how good the spreadheals are..

need those resist buffs chaps.

S

smerf

Originally posted by K0nah

OR

37enh 36rej 15smite (for the 15sec pbaoe which may last long enuf to get a heal or 2 off ..if it isnt resisted..)

OR

personally i think the 39 spead heal is far better than the 30 one(spread heals are the dogs b******s, infact it can be argued that hey are too good and take the skill out of healing). and the mezz is too unreliable to spec for, as a cleric your best friend is the sprint button, sprinting though the tank beating on you normally gets you enough time to get a heal or 2 off.

K

K0nah

OR

OR

T

Tigerius

Someone got owned.

What kind of a post is this anyway? I spec my char just as I want it kthx and while I won't argue the use of the 100% rezz it is not the end and meaning of everything. I'm higher Enhance because I generally play with cookie cutter Rejuv (41R/36E) and they stack fairly well.

S

skile

/Pads every cleric(I don't count buffbots as clerics) on the back, you are the heart of albion, friends.

B

Belomar

I would have thought the 100% rez was fairly commonplace, at least in the guild clerics I usually group with. I never have to satisfy myself with a low-power/low-health rezz (unless the group is nearly wiped), and sometimes being killed with zero mana and then rezzed with half back is nearly a win. :p

S

swords

me being 48 and always charging into the enemy support classes usually brings death quickly.

sometimes i get a full rez :)

but just before i click accept....

a palladin undercuts with his ghetto rez

:rolleyes:

O

old.Ramas

41r 35e is indeed the cookie cutter spec these days.

But if you want better heals you spec higher rejuv, buffs enhance, dds smite.

/shrug

If people stick at 50% rez to go for better buffs I guess it adds to the variety of the realm which is probably good for everyone.

My only slight annoyance I have surrounding non-100% rez is ninja-rezzers using non-100% rez, when they know full well there is 100% rezzer standing right beside them. ie. me.

While paladins/friars/low-rejuv-clerics ready to rez are always welcome, it's of dubious value mid battle in RvR, when it will take a cleric more-or-less as much power to bring the rezzee up to from ghetto rez to battle readiness as it would have done for the cleric to 100% rez in the first place.

/whine off

V

Vorcyn

I used to be specced, 46r, 27e, 8s.
I decided to respec out of that to try something different and went for a lower rejuv spec, therefore losing the 100% res and the 39 spread heal.
The difference was noticeable, especially in the spread heal, and the fact i now had to use even more power after casting a res to get that person up to full health, imo wasnt worth it

The 100% res imo is a musthave, but not everyone agrees and rightly so. Everyone is entitled to their own spec.

Oh and incase your wondering, my spec is now, 43r, 32e, 6s.

O

old.shotgunstow

I'm 40 rejuv 26 enhance 25 smite ;)

I find the fullheal res to be pretty damn good at RP gaining ;) Also my buffs almost cap me out on most things (tried with 50 enhance, improved most stats by max of about 5-10). And dunno what the 25 smite gives me apart from a 5 dps weapon buff which helps a lot for pharming, a 19 sec mez I dunno about the rest not sure if it gives me less variance or what oh well :D

A

acei

Originally posted by old.Ramas
My only slight annoyance I have surrounding non-100% rez is ninja-rezzers using non-100% rez, when they know full well there is 100% rezzer standing right beside them. ie. me.

While paladins/friars/low-rejuv-clerics ready to rez are always welcome, it's of dubious value mid battle in RvR, when it will take a cleric more-or-less as much power to bring the rezzee up to from ghetto rez to battle readiness as it would have done for the cleric to 100% rez in the first place.

/whine off
Yup that annoys the hell out of me too, and it happens in PvE too, i tell the entire group that i can do 100% rezz so don't rezz if anyone manages to die yet often they still do.

It also annoyed me at Corpse summoner when the standard rezz clerics were purposely over-riding my 100% rezz knowing full well if they're rezzed at 100% they can go out and fight instantly.

A

acei

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
I dunno about the rest not sure if it gives me less variance or what oh well :D
The insta AoE-DD is good at un-stealthing people if you keep pressing it every so often when you think a stealther might be there :)

O

old.Prof

The 100 % hp rezz is idd invaluable to put dead ppl back on their feet in mid-battle. 3x8 % extra resists is pretty good too, but it won't exactly keep (for example) a caster alive that gets pounded by multiple enemies.

I regurally can rezz 2 to 3 ppl in RvR fights, add to that very powerfull heals. At 35 rejuv heals will be considerably weaker, the one who said difference between 35 and 40 rejuv is minimal should better look up the spell lists again.

[EDIT : I have Raging Power and MCL 2 as RAs though, otherwise mid-battle rezzes are to power demanding]

In the "perfect" world best would be a combo of rejuv and enh cleric, however if you need to chose among both I think you'll get furthest with a rejuv cleric.

Of course (as a bottomline) healing requires some skill and sometimes doesn't really succeed (getting mezzed / interupted, etc), while even a monkey behind the keyboard specced right can give you uber buffs which will stick till either you or the cleric dies.

E

Eggy

41rejuv, 35enh, 3smite = best spec.

Why?

39 spread heal is essential - ask anyone who plays in groups with me.
41 major heal is great - 726 base heal (MoHealing 2), and I crit over 1300 sometimes.
40 res is very important - 2.5sec res time, full HP and half mana to a caster can change the course of a fight if you can get it in mid-res.
35 enhance is plenty enough - I get so many "wow these buffs are great" comments. So many people have buffbots that you can get yellow spec dex if you really want it from outside the grp.

Yes, I used to be 35r, 40e, 9s. No, it wasn't great. Join groups with me, ambulance, or any other 41 35 3 spec cleric's and you'll see why it rules. Hit, as you hardly ever play Judas in RVR I suggest you rethink your posts.

M

Moody

I had my full rezz at level 46. Enhance I kept at 27 and my points go in there now.
41 Rejuv: The 39 spread heal is just awesome and indeed lots better than the 30 one. The 41 single target heal is a bit too powerhungry to my liking and cast time isnt too short either so I'm having my doubts if that was a good choice. I have often rezzed the theurg or the sorc mid battle (pve and rvr) as long as my power lets me. And if you think about it, in the end it is much more mana efficient to rezz the theurg who can put pbt back up immediately than letting him dead on the floor and needing to heal the rest of the group being beaten up. Mind you I think some still arent used to being rezzed with half power and just sit down waiting for rezzsick to go ;)

35 Enhance: I wanted to have 33 spec at least for the 16% body resist buff. From there on its a small step to the next AF and CON/STR buff. On top of that, this spec gives me just enough concentration to spec buff everyone in the group while a Friar or second Cleric (rejuv/buff + smite cleric can be cool) can do all baselines. Spec even higher in Enhance and you will need to say sorry to someone in the group.

3 Smite: Nothing here really, just a pbaoe mezz to get tree spirits off your butt for 2 seconds or to escape in pve (if it wants to stick).

So my final spec is 41r 35e 3s
I have my doubts about the 41 spec heal. I want to play with this spec for a while (still one level to go) and maybe just maybe if I can get my hands on a respec stone I might go for 40r 35e 9s to have the stealther discovery button (pb dd) (Or maybe 40r 33e 14s. ooh or maybe 40r 30e 20s)

A

Arnor

only good spec is 50smite, goa secretly beefed the line :)

btw, theres like 1 healer in midgard with 100% rezz :p

Users who are viewing this thread