Question regarding clerics

P

pitspawn

Ive been designing a SC for my cleric, and ive capped everything but smite and enh (+11 rej +4 enh +4 smite)

What does +Enhance actually do if anything to a enhanced specced cleric? Thanks for the info ;)

S

swords

if your 50 enhance it has minimal effect. if your enh is specced lower say 40 like mine +10 enh means your base buffs will be the same as someone with 50 enh specced.

M

Moody

+ enhance affects the effect your baseline buffs will have. Specline buffs are not affected.

You can easily see the difference when you look at your stats buffed by a friar (most are very high enhance) or a smite cleric who sacrificed his buffing line.

+ enhance wasn't a big issue but with the removal of stats caps it has gained some importance. Not the end of the world if you do not cap it on your SC set tho.

Edit:
And another thing. If you are high rejuv, capping + rejuv isn't necessary. I noticed my healing variance is zero with 41spec +6 rejuv from RR and itamz.

O

old.shotgunstow

Yeah I have zero variance from 41 rejuv + whatever i have.

Didn't know about baseline buffs being affected by +enhance, maybe I'll look into that :D

O

old.Ramas

When people say 'affected', you should note that the difference between zero spec and 50 spec on base buffs is about 12 stat points.

Since the most +skill you can get is +11, that can only make a difference of a few points.

It's not worthless, but it would be hard to imagine anything being worth less.

Giv ToA +25% buff/heal effectiveness items imo.

K

kirennia

well to help you to cap +enhance, make a staff with +enahnce only on it and use it everytime you go to buff :)

P

pitspawn

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Giv ToA +25% buff/heal effectiveness items imo.

You've just raised another big issue...

Can you EVEN imagine what the performace gap would be between a L50 enhance (+MotA5 +25% buff artifact carrying) cleric buffed player to non buffed players ? o_O

Might see people hitting 400+ in stats WTF.

O

old.Ramas

Buffs are still capped at +93 for specs, and +62 for bases. 50 spec enhance would take you almost to this limit before any RAs or items.

+25% items will narrow the gap between enhance specced clerics (bots or otherwise) and everyone else; and they would completely eliminate any gap on baseline buffs.

These caps are also the reason certain people notice no difference between MoA4 and MoA5.

Someone will now make a comment about the patch where buff caps were 'removed'.

The answer is, 'they were never removed, just increased to 93 and 62 for spec and base respectively'.

V

Vegy

If you are a rejuv specced cleric (40+) dont bother with +Rejuv, it does nothing (My baselines heal for the same ammount weither I have 41+4 or 41+15 regrowth on my druid). Enhance has a cap of 50, so if you have say for examp 40rejuv 36enhance then anything upto +14 ehance would do something (increases your baseline buffs by a few points).
There's no difference between 50+3 and 50+14, while 35+4 and 35+12 shows an increase of around +3stat, not alot but its something.

B

braxxus

A wee trick i learned is to get a mace or shield crafted with +11 enh and only use them for buffing. Switch to regular items after buffing is complete.

M

Moody

I squeezed it all in my template, so don't need to swap a staff or shield thank god, just a hassle lol. I'll have 50 rejuv, 50 enhance at RR5 if I ever make it that far with my limited playtime.

B

belth

Originally posted by pitspawn
Can you EVEN imagine what the performace gap would be between a L50 enhance (+MotA5 +25% buff artifact carrying) cleric buffed player to non buffed players ? o_O

I'd like to see the no-life that spends his/her time to level an artifact with a buffbot, as they can't be traded after they've been unlocked.

C

ChillyDawg

THERE IS NO ******G VARIANCE IN BUFFS YOU MONGS!!!!

my smite cleric with 19enh buffs NEVER CHANGE

jesus you recyclign load of tramps. read before spew.

C

ChillyDawg

there is, on the other hand a thing where if your enhanve is high then baselines buff for more, but the value itself is fixed per level on enhance. it never varies.

O

old.Ramas

Which is why not one person mentions buff variance in this thread. Except you.

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by belth
I'd like to see the no-life that spends his/her time to level an artifact with a buffbot, as they can't be traded after they've been unlocked.

+% buff/healing/damage/cc/whatever effectiveness is not limited to artifacts.

You can get it on any drop, and it's capped at +25% total.

V

Vegy

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
THERE IS NO ******G VARIANCE IN BUFFS YOU MONGS!!!!

my smite cleric with 19enh buffs NEVER CHANGE

jesus you recyclign load of tramps. read before spew.
Varience no, read and get a fucking clue.
30+3 buffs and 30+14 buffs would have a difference.
This is tried and tested by myself. (35+4 buffs and 35+12 buffs have a +3stat difference.)

B

belth

Originally posted by old.Ramas
+% buff/healing/damage/cc/whatever effectiveness is not limited to artifacts.

You can get it on any drop, and it's capped at +25% total.

Ye, but if there's an artifact (like I quoted about ;)) with +25% to buffs at lvl10 or some such and someone levels it to 10 (unless being grouped is enough to get the exp) they really need to be committed to a mental asylum :eek:

M

Moody

belth, this game has proven quite good that some people will go through ANYTHING to get an advantage over others. :) First only a happy few had a buffbot, then everyone so the playingfield was even again, then the first person had SC set, then everyone. Then they started with multiple buffbots for stat buffs, damage shields, damage adds, resists, etc. :)

Some will deffo level an artifact on a buffbot, firstly people will call him sad, then everyone will follow :rolleyes:

O

old.Ramas

If someone *does* level an artifact (or just pick up +25% buffs in rog items, which is somewhat easier) on a buffbot - it still won't do them much good.

You can't use +25% items to beat the buff caps. Which large numbers of buffbots have already reached with MoA on many of their buffs.

I can't imagine the +buff% artifacts will be espeicially popular, buffbots can get the +% buff items they need to reach cap much easier by other methods (and none of the main benefits of an artifact are useful to a buffbot) , and active buffers (with 35ish spec) will also probably use rog +buff% items that they swap on to buff (and in most cases they will then also be reaching the buff cap), and swap off to heal out in the field.

The real reason for getting artifacts levelled up is the uber unlimited charge effects they gain as you level.

The purpose of the artifact concept is presumably to make sure that absolutely everyone can interrupt casters and healers instantly at bolt range ;) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom