Why? A question for clerics

M

Moody

Originally posted by Arnor2
btw, theres like 1 healer in midgard with 100% rezz :p

Because the pac line is much more interesting and essential than the smite line.

Oh some other little facts:
The paladin self AF shield is spec. You can therefore give him a baseline AF buff, but no specline because a high chant paladin has a better one of his own.

Casters self AF shields are baseline. Don't ever buff them with your baseline, but you can give them spec line AF buff.

Don't fire and forget your buffs (this one's mainly pve talking). If you are the only buffer in the group, look at who does what. No use dex buffing an afk theurgist or minstrel. If need be remove some buffs.

If the group jumps on every mob even looking at you, you don't have to buff your own hitpoints. If the group lets mobs hit you seven times while yelling "heal me!1!!" at you, please be sure that you have HP buffed yourself first before handing the rest of them out :D

G

glorien_

Well my spec is 36 smite (should be 35 :'( ) 30 enh and 26 rejuv. Many people say all rounder clerics suck (im sure ppl will say my spec sucks but oh well). Yes full rez is great and whenever i get a full rez im happy as i dont have to wait a long time for rez sick and i can rez some people with the power im given. But with 40 rejuv comes poor smite, yes i know people think smite is poor and maybe it is but solo just now i was in df and killed a skald - the skald used FA and IP with me only using one insta, i would like to see a cleric with 40 rejuv do that :p (also solo'ed a sb :p).

O

old.LandShark

WOHOOO!!!

yeah, so we got neither aug or mend healers :(

It's not like albion was overflowing with mind sorcs until last patch :p

/cackles

H

Hit ^_^

Originally posted by K0nah
well im going 40enhance 36rej 4smite

OR

37enh 36rej 15smite (for the 15sec pbaoe which may last long enuf to get a heal or 2 off ..if it isnt resisted..)

OR

37enh 39rej 4smite, depending on how good the spreadheals are..

need those resist buffs chaps.

the 37enha 39rej indeed seems nice.
might even consider using my full respec for it :)

full rezz aint worth it if u got a good group. mostly only 1-2peeps die if you dont get zerged and then full rezz wont help you much :>

M

Moody

Originally posted by glorien_
Well my spec is 36 smite (should be 35 :'( ) 30 enh and 26 rejuv. Many people say all rounder clerics suck (im sure ppl will say my spec sucks but oh well). Yes full rez is great and whenever i get a full rez im happy as i dont have to wait a long time for rez sick and i can rez some people with the power im given. But with 40 rejuv comes poor smite, yes i know people think smite is poor and maybe it is but solo just now i was in df and killed a skald - the skald used FA and IP with me only using one insta, i would like to see a cleric with 40 rejuv do that :p (also solo'ed a sb :p).

Well, it's not exactly my job to kill with the spec I have in mind :) This cleric is a full support one. I'm now working on a second cleric which will be smite/enhance :D I can't even heal myself with that spec. Let's be glad there is at least 1 class in this friggin game that has more than 1 viable template ;)

V

Vireb

Originally posted by Eggy
41rejuv, 35enh, 3smite = best spec.

Why?

39 spread heal is essential - ask anyone who plays in groups with me.
B]

<<loves eggys spread heal :) big time battle winner many many times

I

i-r-e-n-a

hehe I see more clerics talking here than actually playing the game. Why don't you try to play more than spending time typing here.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by i-r-e-n-a
hehe I see more clerics talking here than actually playing the game. Why don't you try to play more than spending time typing here.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:p

O

old.shotgunstow

Clerics are so uber they can do both at once ;)

I

i-r-e-n-a

yeah daws cleric is an uber afk class now I remember.

A

acei

Originally posted by i-r-e-n-a
Actually i typed out almost all my messages while on DAoC with windowed mode :p

C

-Calvin-

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
the 37enha 39rej indeed seems nice.
might even consider using my full respec for it :)

full rezz aint worth it if u got a good group. mostly only 1-2peeps die if you dont get zerged and then full rezz wont help you much :>

Hmmm yeah but a 100% hp and 50% power on a caster can turn the battle. Done that a lot of time with sorcerors

Btw

Reavers spec : 41R 35E 3S

Calvin/Reaver

A

acei

Re: Re: Why? A question for clerics

Originally posted by -frostor-
res sick an advantage ?
Standard rezz's = 10min RS, 100% rezz = 5min RS :)

C

ChillyDawg

well IMO anyone who dont have 50+15 smite is useless.

T

tazzke

46 rej !!! 27 enh ...smite ???

Casters can bolt enemy...i can cast a healingbomb on 1 person or different small ones (Spreadheal)...

Buffs are nice...but they won't regain hp in combat :p

Best team has 2 clerics ... 1 rej 1 enh... (loooooo Chim)

I was 46 smite before the big nerf, and during pve i could keep a group alive easily most of the times (cause i healed instead of smiting when needed)

RvR...well....40+ smite is wannabee wiz spec...besides the insta's you won't be able to keep the caster alive when he gets hit, cause your heals aren't high enough. I could kill casters in 3 smites before the nerf...now i don't even wanna try it out. Only thing i miss from smite line is the mezz.

Even if i get a respec stone i won't change my spec...think groups prefer a good heal over some extra points dex, qui etc...(well maybe try 50 smite hehe)

Only thing i hate about the 100% rezz....CS is up...150 afk clerics/buffbots/pala's/friars...are standing around him...

You give 100% rezz...and the guy accepts and gets a 10% one...bye bye 50% power...

But besides that annoying fact...46 rej 27 enh is very good...if you like to play the game the way i do :)

C

ChillyDawg

as i said before: anyone who dont have 50+15 smite is useless.

End of discussion.

M

Moody

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
as i said before: anyone who dont have 50+15 smite is useless.

End of discussion.

:scared:

H

Hit ^_^

before nerf i managed to kill 12mids at the same time solo whit ae smite. blue>grey cons tho but still :D

S

Silenzio

Re: Re: Re: Why? A question for clerics

Originally posted by acei
Standard rezz's = 10min RS, 100% rezz = 5min RS :)

??? neva !!!

allways 5min
otherwise all my char r tweeked from inside ;P

A

acei

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why? A question for clerics

Originally posted by Silenzio
??? neva !!!

allways 5min
otherwise all my char r tweeked from inside ;P
I'm sure the RS is half of the normal RS on the 100% rezz unless Mythic changed it in a recent patch. It's very obvious that RS is half when i rezz compared to a Paladin. Maybe the 100% rezz is 2.5mins?

W

wichtel

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why? A question for clerics

Wrong thread :/
W.

G

Glema

From 1.56 patch notes:

- Resurrection sickness now goes from 100% to 50% when doing a "full rez" on another player.

S

Silenzio

yes, 5mins normally, 2.5 with 100% rezz

thats what i meant =) never had 10 min rez sik
would be a suicide irl =)

F

Flimgoblin

aye 5->2.5 the resses inbetween base and 100% reduce somewhere in between too :)

My cleric(s) are going 40 rejuv 35 smite, rest enhance
and 43 smite 30 enhance 12 rejuv :)

but I'm weird (and it'll probably be another couple of years till they're of any decent level anyway)

F

Flimgoblin

aye 5->2.5 the resses inbetween base and 100% reduce somewhere in between too :)

but I'm weird (and it'll probably be another couple of years till they're of any decent level anyway)

A

acei

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
You're making two clerics? o_O

Users who are viewing this thread