Who's Who in Eve

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The patch notes are wrong I think. Our corp alone had over 20 people who had all more than 300k by going high Frigate (4) at start.

How much skill points is Frigate 4 and 2-3 other rank 1 skills at level 3?

taB

Part of the furniture
From memory here as at work:

I would guess that lvl 4 Frig would be approx 100k.

Frig V is rank 2 - so lvl 5 it's 512k SP lvl 4 is about 1/5 of that.

So with a few 2/3s of rank 1 you'd be looking in the 150k area.

Can check this tonight.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I started my toon mid march 07, just after the boost to starting SP.

From reading guides, it seemed that Achura was a good choice, but my god they're ugly, so that was out. I liked the look of the Khanids, and the cyberknight is supposedly one of the best bloodlines for Perception / Willpower skills, so went with that.

I played in beta, and then in retail in 04, and mining was dull (when it worked, mining bug 4tl), so it was combat all the way from the go. The game this time round was far more easy to get into, the whole missioning works pretty well. It's still mindless grinding, but more entertaining than npc'ing in say WoW or equivalent games, and unlike those games, you do need to pay attention rather than mashing the swing sword / cast spell button.

My Wish though, is that they give all new players all the learning skills to 3 or 4 right from the bat, as well as Engineering 3, Electronics 3 and Mechanic 3.

The game is so far on now, that spending 2-3 weeks training fitting skills and learning skills just isn't constructive to good gameplay.

Nate, can I reccomend Eve University as a good place to start your eve career? They're truly awesome at answering nub questions, and there's no commitment to playing "as a team", which is the requirement for many other corps.

Also, look up Blackbyrd in the adress book. Both Belorfyn and Mortymer play, and i saw Hatsim about too.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Achura female is okay, my alt is Achura male and well.... heh
EVE University is a very nice starting point, got a buddy that started in October last year and he's seen alot of empire wars and learned alot faster than I did when I started. So very much recommended after maybe a months of play. You should really be a serious player though, alot of people that play WoW on the side and alot of those go back.

I believe Eszencia is correct when it comes to the SP amounts before the revelations 2 boost.

taB

Part of the furniture
late night update - rank 2 level 4 is 90510 skill points

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Nate, can I reccomend Eve University as a good place to start your eve career? They're truly awesome at answering nub questions, and there's no commitment to playing "as a team", which is the requirement for many other corps.

Also, look up Blackbyrd in the adress book. Both Belorfyn and Mortymer play, and i saw Hatsim about too.

Leave Nate alone he is with us!!

We also has USP join recently as well so grouping together a nice bunch of ex-DAOC players.

Nat/Shark

Nate

FH is my second home
yeeaaah!!! <sticks tongue out, while hiding behind Sharkith> Thanks SilverHood :D

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Nice to see DAoC people try out EVE, but hard to get them to stick with it. (Try getting WoW people to stick with EVE - impossible)

rynnor

Rockhound
Nice to see DAoC people try out EVE, but hard to get them to stick with it. (Try getting WoW people to stick with EVE - impossible)

Heh - I'm still there - got some long training times like Industrial V and Production Effeciency V on atmo so not much to ask about :)

We had a short corp war recently but it was pretty naff - people just hiding inside stations from big packs of ships or using the docking/undocking mechanisms to escape.

Perhaps a rule that you cant dock during corp wars would be better? Imagine the mayhem :)

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Well, guess I'll post in this thread. Played DAoC a long time ago, enjoyed it's PvP immensely - still remember some great times on Albion, Prydwen. After DAoC I went for WoW, got tired of it a couple months after the Burning Crusade.

Was looking around for an MMO with decent PvP. Decided to give EVE-Online a chance and started out around may 2007, though in 2005 (or 2006.. not sure) I did do an EVE trial and didn't get hooked.

Decided to become a miner, rolled Incidence, for a week or two I looked around for a decent player corporation. Found a starting up corporation with some nice players. After slowly starting to grasp some of the mechanics of the game I learned it'll take me months to become a great miner and then even longer to be able to hold my own in PvP. Created another account and rolled Cynara for the purpose of PvP.

Unfortunately after a couple great months, due to lack of fresh blood (recruits that weren't dumb or potential thieves/scammers) it was decided the corp will be closed. And so the search for a new corporation began. Two members from the corp decided to apply to The Star Fraction - Jericho Fraction, they told me about it and I decided to give it a try as well. We got accepted, and became free captains fighting against "territorialist pigdogs" (any alliance using NBSI generally falls under this category :p).

Well, been more than half a year in EVE now and it's proven to have an insane learning curve and lots of depth. Already went through a bit of crisis in it, was barely active for 2 months or so. Now I'm liking it again, but I have to admit the game requires a terrible amount of patience.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
but I have to admit the game requires a terrible amount of patience.

yep. thats probably why so few ex DAoC people got hooked.

waiting half a year to a year RL time to start to be viable in decent sized fleet pvp isnt something that they have the patience for after have been PL'ing their toons to 50 in half a day.

its a pretty "grown ups" game, EvE online, not so much by age but in mentality.

rynnor

Rockhound
It reminds me most of PBM's - play by mail's - those spanned years and could take that long to get anywhere - its a very unusual style for modern computer games (even mmo's).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah. kids of today just wont have the patience for these kind of games soon.

there to used to getting everything as fast as humanly possible.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well yeah, EVE is slow to grasp but it's very rewarding with the sandbox style MMO.

And btw fellas, if you don't see me online in the FreddyHouse channel it's not because I'm not there but because I've been banned from internet at my place by my uni. So see you ingame in 2 months, hehehe ;)

taB

Part of the furniture
And btw fellas, if you don't see me online in the FreddyHouse channel it's not because I'm not there but because I've been banned from internet at my place by my uni. So see you ingame in 2 months, hehehe ;)

That sucks mate, good luck with finding a work around :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
That sucks mate, good luck with finding a work around :)

The work around is that I get internet from a third party ISP, which doesn't quite fit into my budget atm. Gonna get a new PC in a few months to make grid loading in EVE better (and ofc prepare for the humongous AoC system reqs).

Ah well, atleast I put on long skills and such. Gonna be nice to return in 2 months and get heavy drone op 5, torpedoes 5 and battlecruiser 5 done ;)

rynnor

Rockhound
Well yeah, EVE is slow to grasp but it's very rewarding with the sandbox style MMO.

Wow thats harsh - not even surfing? Isnt that going to affect your ability to research stuff and therefore study? I would appeal it tbh?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
After slightly 3 years of absence in EVE I've made a comeback, starting from scratch.

Not sure what I'll be up to, for now I am grinding some missions while waiting for skills to get up.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Wow thats harsh - not even surfing? Isnt that going to affect your ability to research stuff and therefore study? I would appeal it tbh?

Yeah I know. For some reason it doesn't effect me academically too much. I spend alot of time at school anyways and they have good IT resources. My dorm is mostly for games and fun. Although I've pulled all-nighters with programming at home before.

No appeal- uni has zero tolerance on "piracy" :m00:

Cool that you are back in the game Manisch, be sure to join the FreddyHouse chat channel ;)

taB

Part of the furniture
Good luck with that mate, Molden Heath links our 0.0 - Great Wildlands, with Heimatar so I'm there regularly. Nice area - Teon is a b*tch sometimes, about 120au wide.

Groups that spring to mind around there are:

• Foundati0n (I'm a bit-part member :p ) - operate not red don't shoot, seemingly known in the wider Eve spectrum for hot-dropping capitals (I fly cruisers mostly myself)
  • Threshhold Alliance (sp?) - flown in gang with a few of these chaps, seem nice.
  • Beyond Divinity Inc. - Pirates led by a chap called Ugluuk.
  • Star Buccaneers - more pirates, red to everyone now I think, absorbed elements of Cult of War.
  • Veritas Immortalis - Kal'Kalagan running this group atm - nano-fans.
  • FIX - newly appeared seem to be running with -V- at the mo. Mostly small stuff but I'm told they're getting a larger infrastructure in place.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Nice, I only remeber Veritas Immortalis.

I've found me some roleplaying french speaking 60+ member corp I will be practicing with at some point.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
god luck Manisch welcome back - drop into the FH channel next time you are around. I can chat when I am not buried in something in game.

Sharkith/Nat

taB

Part of the furniture
  • FIX - newly appeared seem to be running with -V- at the mo. Mostly small stuff but I'm told they're getting a larger infrastructure in place.

Must be psychic, about 40 of them turned up last night :twak:

Shame the server flipped out.

taB

Part of the furniture
It's BoB's fault (maybe) :)

Nodes (I think) were going off-line at a rate of about 1 every 5 mins for an hour till they decided they would restart the server. Something to do with an update they made at the previous down-time that had messed up.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
bah. Goons taken over KOS systems and i'm stuck in MP5 xD

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Maasu and Hatepeace Lovewar are my characters in eve.

I'm sort of retired now, altho my characters are still in DICE, whom are in BoB alliance. Prior to that i was in Fatal Revelations, ATUK, Supremacy and Finally Omega Corp.

I used to play a lot around Curse, Stain region, until OC went and split up, then i went galavanting across the galaxy blowing stuff up.

I doubt i'll come back to the game seeing as WAR online is just on the horizon, but if i ever do keep an eye out for me in local :).

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
bah. Goons taken over KOS systems and i'm stuck in MP5 xD

Your bad for being in KOS tbh! :flame:

Maasu and Hatepeace Lovewar are my characters in eve.

I'm sort of retired now, altho my characters are still in DICE, whom are in BoB alliance. Prior to that i was in Fatal Revelations, ATUK, Supremacy and Finally Omega Corp.

I used to play a lot around Curse, Stain region, until OC went and split up, then i went galavanting across the galaxy blowing stuff up.

I doubt i'll come back to the game seeing as WAR online is just on the horizon, but if i ever do keep an eye out for me in local :).

Cool to see another face here. :) A bobbit aswell!
I see you joined today. Is it because FH is the "official unofficial" WAR forum?

PS: Can I have your stuff ? :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom