• None of the Above

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I'm a dildoface and don't vote.

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No of course it hasn't, I'm suprised you don't spend everyday in hospital walking around with your eyes closed all day.

No, it has not, Labour created an artificial recovery by over spending (again) to keep votes before a general election. A real recovery means cutting our debt, raising taxes and cutting public spending. All things Labour could not do without losing face. What your mate Gordan has done is create a false dawn, and leave people feeling secure when they should be being careful.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Can we all agree to refer to Brown as Nodrog from now on.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Greens have done well this election. One of the most shocking things about this whole election is that the environment was hardly mentioned.

Lib dems had the best environmental policy. That's another reason I voted for 'em.

Edit: Nice Tom :)

That's cos no one really gives a shit about Climate Change (it would happen anyway if we weren't here), except a few unwashed who are pissed off about how their lives turned out, so feel the need to ruin everyone elses.

Fucking watermelons.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Re nuclear waste.

Put it in big rockets and fire it at the sun. Expensive and risky, but it's a solution.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Re nuclear waste.

Put it in big rockets and fire it at the sun. Expensive and risky, but it's a solution.

That's why you need a space elevator - it removes the risk of explosion/contamination of the earths atmosphere.

Plus it'd be fucking awesome.

Embattle

FH is my second home
No, it has not, Labour created an artificial recovery by over spending (again) to keep votes before a general election. A real recovery means cutting our debt, raising taxes and cutting public spending. All things Labour could not do without losing face. What your mate Gordan has done is create a false dawn, and leave people feeling secure when they should be being careful.

Spending is generally one the ways of doing things in such situations, however it is the paying it back where parties differ. None of the parties are being that honest in this regard so it'll be another case of the blame game who ever ends up in power.

As for other sources of power people should stop living in fantasy land, they aren't viable to supply the whole amount of power used now and perhaps ever unless advances happen in policy but more important in technology. As for the nuclear power stations they take a long while to build thus they you can't take a wait and see attitude towards them. Another big problem is the ideal situation is to have these new nuclear power stations built and at same time increase spending on green alternatives but with the government finaces in the mess they are I doubt this will happen.

old.user4556

That's why you need a space elevator - it removes the risk of explosion/contamination of the earths atmosphere.

Plus it'd be fucking awesome.

Would you get enough ooooompf that way to fire it at the sun?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
space-elevator.jpg

space-elevator-344.jpg

space_elevator_structural_d.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If we had PR it would be as follows seat wise.

Conservatives 234.65
Labour 188.5
Lib Dems 149.5
UKIP 20.15
BNP 12.35
SNP 11.05
Greens 6.5

Actual Results:

Conservative 306
Labour 258
Liberal Democrat 57
Democratic Unionist Party 8
Scottish National Party 6
Sinn Fein 5
Plaid Cymru 3
Social Democratic & Labour Party 3
Green 1
UKIP 0
BNP 0

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Interesting figures. Good for fairness, not so good in that it lets UKIP and BNP have seats. ;)

Anyone see how many votes the SSP got? Fucking hilarious.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's like a ladder to heaven :)

Seriously this is a big planet. It can handle a few km2 of fucked up shit.

Emb is right we need to invest in nuclear and renewables. Means some heartache elsewhere though.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Re nuclear waste.

But if we no longer have an objection to launching big-time nuclear materials into space there's a much better use for it, nuclear-powered spaceships. That's the only feasible way we'll practically get humans regularly (i.e. not stunts like putting boots on Mars a few times and then never going back, a la the 60s/70s USA Moon program) beyond LEO.

old.user4556

I see there is a pocket of Labour in central-ish London - i'm not familiar with the areas, but I would have expected they'd have been Tory? Can someone fill me in.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I see there is a pocket of Labour in central-ish London - i'm not familiar with the areas, but I would have expected they'd have been Tory? Can someone fill me in.

I've commented on this previously. These are area's with massive benefit and 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant populations. There has been massive scaremongering by Labour, and these are all considered "safe" Labour seats. The reliance on benefits is massive, as is the misguided view that only Labour care about ehtnic minorities, it's a view that is grossly outdated. The amount of head banding I have done with my black friends and fellow asians is ridiculous. The standard line is "we can't trust torys, but with no argument of why" or "tories would prefer a world with all immigrants out" or "labour are for families" (read labour will give us money for not working and having kids).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I also forgot to add that there are a LOT of young and new voters in these areas, who keep commenting about what the tories did in the 80's, even though most were either not born, or toddlers at the time. They have only known two governments, the torys of the 90's who did nothing spectacular, but nothing really bad either and the Labour government under which most of them have done well until the last 3 years.

old.user4556

Lol, again; exactly the same shit I've been hearing up here :D, usually one of the following:

"ZOMG PIT CLOSURE"

"ZOMG POLL TAX"

"ZOMG SHIP BUILDING"

"ZOMG MAGGIE THATCHER"

What I find weird is that none of my peers had families who worked in any field associated with Tory woes, they've just been listening to propoganda spilled forth by antiquated parents / grandparents.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ironically by totally denying such events you are no better but there you go, my own personal feeling has generally been that it is how you feel that makes the difference no matter what party is in power.

old.user4556

Don't you think people need to have a word with themselves and move on? I'm tired of listening to people (including my missus' teenage sister!) going on about the Tories when they weren't even in power (and haven't been since) when they were six years old.

when did he deny these events???

Yeah I never denied them, but as above, shit moves on.

Embattle

FH is my second home
when did he deny these events???

It's known as being implied.

Don't you think people need to have a word with themselves and move on? I'm tired of listening to people (including my missus' teenage sister!) going on about the Tories when they weren't even in power (and haven't been since) when they were six years old.

Yeah I never denied them, but as above, shit moves on.

As I stated I don't rate any government around at the moment nor do I believe that many people are directly affected by what governments do or don't. People should always try and feel good but like now as in the future when Labour come back people will still talk utter shit.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I don't think he even implied it, the tories did some shit things admittedly but you can't please everyone. Labour also did some shit things before I was born, but I don't go on about it like folks do about the tories and their fucks ups which are petty in comparison to labours original fucks ups. Now labour have done it again, at least we still have power......for now.

Like Big G says, it's all scaremongering about the tories, but labour scare me more than anything.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
What the tories did was save the country from dissapearing into an economic shithole - a situation created by labour.

*looks at current situation*

Oh right, so labour spending more than we have during the economic good times and pandering to their supporters and leaving the mess to be sorted out by the nasty party.

Sound familiar?

( FYI I voted lib dem ).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Embattle, no one is suggesting anything, the 80's affected different people in different ways, as a whole the country was better for it, but those that were forced to modernise or lost their towns livelihood obviously are not going to see it that way.

At the end of the day you can only and should only judge each party on it's current policies, not the past. You can't judge Brown by Tony Blair's actions for example, only on his own record. People that vote historically are failing democracy as much as it is failing them.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Embattle, no one is suggesting anything, the 80's affected different people in different ways, as a whole the country was better for it, but those that were forced to modernise or lost their towns livelihood obviously are not going to see it that way.

People take losing their livelihoods and communities way too personally :lol:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Exactly, they should learn to look at the bigger picture, Spock said it best; "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" :p

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes but then you shouldn't tar all people who vote differently, such as those in central london, with the same brush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom