• None of the Above

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I'm a dildoface and don't vote.

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
First past the post has failed the public, and a few labour candidates interviewed by the beeb have voiced this opinion too.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
First Sunderland constituency results are in, dirty filthy Mackems voted Labour.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Aye, but 8.5% swing to Tory over the last results in a rock-solid Labour stronghold? That's a massive dent.

taB

Part of the furniture
First Sunderland constituency results are in, dirty filthy Mackems voted Labour.

No surprise at all. They're red through and through. Swing was towards the blues though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The only difference I've noted from people I've spoken to Embattle; and it's a key difference. Those Labour voters don't know the tory policies they are opposed to, let alone the Labour policies they are voting to support. The Tory voters wanting Labour out at least have some idea of why.

taB - LOL

Perhaps but there are quite a few who do, as I've said before all the parties are generally talking with a hand behind there back with fingers crossed.

I tend to view this term as being probably one of the hardest and I also don't see the party that wins this term as actually benefiting in an way.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
11% swing to the Tories in Washington and Sunderland West - that's epic.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
article-0-0638214B0000044D-372_233x390.jpg

TWO....WEEKS.....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucking LOL, this is great, the squirming from Labour is immense :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Love the fact that the tory party out shouted the labour congratulations with the results for sunderland central just then. 12k votes in a labour stronghold, heh.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Can they burn Mandleson live on air?
My name is Zenith.UK, and I endorse taB's message. :)

Watching the 3rd result coming in and I can tell it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for them all tonight.

Can we ban politicians using the phrase "Get real" please? It sounds like something from a Hollywood movie.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What strikes me most (bearing in mind this is very early days) is the disappearance of Cleggmania.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What strikes me most (bearing in mind this is very early days) is the disappearance of Cleggmania.

I thought that died out after the second debate aired, and he said nothing new?

It was then replaced by rabid Labour voters who don't want to loose their benefits, or whose parents worked down t'pits.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
What is all this shit about a "voting scandal"? I'm not being funny but I don't believe there are that many people who find it impossible to get to a polling station to vote until right at the very last minute. If you're not gonna bother going to vote till as late in the day as you think you can get away with then you have to accept that you risk not bein able to vote.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What is all this shit about a "voting scandal"? I'm not being funny but I don't believe there are that many people who find it impossible to get to a polling station to vote until right at the very last minute. If you're not gonna bother going to vote till as late in the day as you think you can get away with then you have to accept that you risk not bein able to vote.

It's the fact that the polling stations were unable to deal with the admin quickly enough to get people in and out efficiently, which led to queues. ONe polling station ran out of ballot papers! Some closed their doors, some opened late, no consistency, no clear contingency plans in place!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
One polling station had many people arriving without their polling cards, hence extra administration.

The system is a bit antiquated. I voted by post.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Some ran out of cards, one had the wrong list.

I live next door to a polling station so there wasn't a lot of point voting by post, though if I didn't live within walking distance of one I would do it by post.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Some ran out of cards, one had the wrong list.

And in those cases there should be an investigation, but the vast majority of discussion I have seen on TV about the voting scandal relates solely to people having been turned away when the polls closed at 10pm.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes but they got to the polling stations before 10, it's not their fault that the polling stations were un prepared for the rush that always happens in the evening. People tend to go home after work and eat, family time etc before voting. Some people work nights and go to vote on their way in, some people finish late. The polling stations should cater for everyone. If people are at the polling station by 10pm they should be locked in and allowed to vote.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The disappearance of Cleggmania is highly predictable. I think Ian Hislop had it right - it'd be a much more interesting election if the exit poll had percentage figures for the votes (as well as seats).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The exit polls are bollocks and just give the commentators something to drone on about while the results come in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not being funny but I don't believe there are that many people who find it impossible to get to a polling station to vote until right at the very last minute.

Go look at the other thread Krazeh and see if you still feel the same...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahh poo, wouldn't it have been LOL if Winky did not get voted in as MP for his own constituency?

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Go look at the other thread Krazeh and see if you still feel the same...

I never said I didn't think anyone had any reason to not be able to vote to the last minute, of course there will always be people in that situation but I don't think the fact that you had to wait for your missus to get in from work, go see a friend in hospital and then find your polling station means that everyone else who was voting at that time of night couldn't have possibly turned up at any other point in the approx 15 hours that polling stations were open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom