Which race?

Which side/race will you play?

• Total voters

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
well assigning a server is different to being recommended :) recommendation is just for people who don't know which server to go on (plus I imagine 20 people won't make that much of a difference, so if they all go to the first server recommended...)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
these numbers are not looking good from my perspective I am going to switch to empire I think...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
these numbers are not looking good from my perspective I am going to switch to empire I think...

this is people who're rabid about the game well over 6 months before it's released...

Joe public unwashed might well go for the Order side...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
In almost every other game, 'vanilla' humans are the most popular race. We'll see during beta how true that is for WAR.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
In almost every other game, 'vanilla' humans are the most popular race. We'll see during beta how true that is for WAR.

Yeah I see what you mean but I can't help feeling that there is going to be that 'chaos' factor with WAR. After all DaoC was written up around 'Camelot' and Albion ended up with the numbers almost everywhere except Germany...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Albion's the vanilla humans - 4 human races vs human/dwarf/kobold/troll vs human/elf/lurikeen/firbolg

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I suppose - they did have Half Ogre's though.

Like I said there will be a 'chaos' factor with this game. Although to be fair there is a very large market out there for this so the balance could be tipped. (hopefully)

Mind you Film if your a dorf I would be enticed to come along and pull yer beard!!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I suppose - they did have Half Ogre's though.

Like I said there will be a 'chaos' factor with this game. Although to be fair there is a very large market out there for this so the balance could be tipped. (hopefully)

Mind you Film if your a dorf I would be enticed to come along and pull yer beard!!

inconnu were added a year after release, half ogres another year after that... :)

I'll be playing both sides but expect I'll end up a pure chaos type with only the odd jump to the other server to play an order alt.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
inconnu were added a year after release, half ogres another year after that... :)

I'll be playing both sides but expect I'll end up a pure chaos type with only the odd jump to the other server to play an order alt.

Only if u can play a Crossbow Chosen tho!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

I've not played WoW personally but i know there they have 'Alliance' and 'Horde', which are not a million miles from Order and Chaos. I think if you look at the split there, you'd get a better picture. (I don't know what it is personally, theres a research project for you :p)

Zelenna

Fledgling Freddie
Can't decide between Highelf, Darkelf and Chaos, painted worth about 1000£ (total of all 3) of each of the armies.. :(

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I've not played WoW personally but i know there they have 'Alliance' and 'Horde', which are not a million miles from Order and Chaos. I think if you look at the split there, you'd get a better picture. (I don't know what it is personally, theres a research project for you :p)
Unlike WoW, however - you have humans on both sides, as well as elves in WAR. Also, their PR is almost exclusively pushing Destruction. (case in point, the intro cinematic where Destruction is beating the snot out of Order). I think we'll see a much more balanced game when it comes to sides this time around.

Which is good, really - because as fun as it might be to be the underdog; being a complete underdog - or Zerg Nation(tm) - isn't really fun in the long run.

StyxScout

Fledgling Freddie
Having just finished reading Gotrex and Felix (again) Im still sticking with a Dwarf.

Warhammer Dwarf's have always been a great RP race.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture

vanila? asin; daoc: celt, briton, and norse? in daoc it's all about stats imo.

gunmannnnn

Fledgling Freddie
probably Chaos for me (magus) (was gona try bright wizard to be empire but most of his abilities are dmg etc) i may have a chosen for alt:eek7:

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Definitely the stunties for me. You can't beat a mass of rampaging short angry guys with Hammers and Axes. Plus personally i think the Runepriest is the most interesting class listed so far.

Rellik San

Fledgling Freddie
Short guys for me, simply so I can play with my friends, though Orc on the side. :)

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Lizardmen won't appear in this (or shouldn't unless the continent of lustria is opened up)

bear in mind - anything you've played in the last 10 years (or your friends have) will be pre-dated by whfrp. You're looking at classic warhammer - I wish we could play skaven tho :)

If lizardmen do appear they should be massively different to their current tabletop incarnation unless gw allow mythic to totally molest the timeline

edit: forgot - ork, goblin or chaos for me - probably Goblin shaman or Ork whatever :)

M

(No lizardmen) They have to leave something for the expansions to come...

Raazaar

Fledgling Freddie
Most likely greenskins, because everyone knows that GREEN IS BEST! :england:

spondodge

Fledgling Freddie
Witch Hunter is only thing that draws me to Empire ;)

CONFESS CONFESS!!!

Otherwise i'd go evil... always luv evil :)

Probably Chaos...

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Hard to decide what to play, don't want to play anything that ends up being majority of the server :) underdog for the win :)

Goblins and Orcs seem cool tho (but all classes seem pretty solid, mythic quality so :) )

Crudity

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven ftw.
Well if rats won't dig up to 2008 I will choose Dark Elves or Chaos
'cause I'm pretty sure there will be bunch of greenskins already :p

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Wonder if they have thought about balance issues with the sides, in wow alot of servers have alliance advantage, a few servers have horde. In daoc you have Alb outnumbering the other 2 sides together..

I think they will have DEFINITELY spent a considerable amount of time pondering this, particularly the boss, Mark Jacobs. I slagged him off something rotten on the VN boards way back when, because of the terrible imbalance issues. Looking at the races, I think that they've done a cracking job of attracting the hardcore nerds to the dark side...

...[well that's not true. In beta you will still only have the hardcore fans, who are leaning towards destruction on most of the polls]...

... and the namby pamby softy Empire casuals will be totally battered by hardcore Chaos nerds when the game gets released. :)

I have yet to decide whether I want to meet normal people online or win.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Well one thing to be careful of is, if we have a DAOC server then it could be completely CHAOS/DESTRUCTION and we could end up with no one to fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom