Which race?

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Gog, Jun 19, 2006.

Which side/race will you play?

1. Order - Empire

13.3%
  2. Order - Dwarves

13.3%
  3. Order - High Elves

12.7%
  4. Destruction - Chaos

27.5%
  5. Destruction - Greenskins

15.4%
  6. Destruction - Dark Elves

17.9%
  1. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

well assigning a server is different to being recommended :) recommendation is just for people who don't know which server to go on (plus I imagine 20 people won't make that much of a difference, so if they all go to the first server recommended...)

2. Sharkith

Sharkith Can't get enough of FH

these numbers are not looking good from my perspective I am going to switch to empire I think...

3. Flimgoblin

this is people who're rabid about the game well over 6 months before it's released...

Joe public unwashed might well go for the Order side...

4. IainC

IainC English WAR Community Manager

In almost every other game, 'vanilla' humans are the most popular race. We'll see during beta how true that is for WAR.

5. Sharkith

Yeah I see what you mean but I can't help feeling that there is going to be that 'chaos' factor with WAR. After all DaoC was written up around 'Camelot' and Albion ended up with the numbers almost everywhere except Germany...

6. Flimgoblin

Albion's the vanilla humans - 4 human races vs human/dwarf/kobold/troll vs human/elf/lurikeen/firbolg

7. Sharkith

I suppose - they did have Half Ogre's though.

Like I said there will be a 'chaos' factor with this game. Although to be fair there is a very large market out there for this so the balance could be tipped. (hopefully)

Mind you Film if your a dorf I would be enticed to come along and pull yer beard!!

8. Flimgoblin

inconnu were added a year after release, half ogres another year after that... :)

I'll be playing both sides but expect I'll end up a pure chaos type with only the odd jump to the other server to play an order alt.

9. Gahn

Gahn Resident Freddy

Only if u can play a Crossbow Chosen tho!

10. Flimgoblin

mmmm crossbow chosen..

Was thinking maybe a sorcerer but only ever use melee.

11. AngelHeal

AngelHeal Part of the furniture

:O ..use ur brain!!:p

12. Aoami

Aoami I am a FH squatter

I've not played WoW personally but i know there they have 'Alliance' and 'Horde', which are not a million miles from Order and Chaos. I think if you look at the split there, you'd get a better picture. (I don't know what it is personally, theres a research project for you :p)

13. Zelenna

Zelenna Fledgling Freddie

Can't decide between Highelf, Darkelf and Chaos, painted worth about 1000£ (total of all 3) of each of the armies.. :(

14. Whisperess

Whisperess Part of the furniture

Unlike WoW, however - you have humans on both sides, as well as elves in WAR. Also, their PR is almost exclusively pushing Destruction. (case in point, the intro cinematic where Destruction is beating the snot out of Order). I think we'll see a much more balanced game when it comes to sides this time around.

Which is good, really - because as fun as it might be to be the underdog; being a complete underdog - or Zerg Nation(tm) - isn't really fun in the long run.

15. StyxScout

StyxScout Fledgling Freddie

Having just finished reading Gotrex and Felix (again) Im still sticking with a Dwarf.

Warhammer Dwarf's have always been a great RP race.

16. AngelHeal

vanila? asin; daoc: celt, briton, and norse? in daoc it's all about stats imo.

17. gunmannnnn

gunmannnnn Fledgling Freddie

probably Chaos for me (magus) (was gona try bright wizard to be empire but most of his abilities are dmg etc) i may have a chosen for alt:eek7:

18. Aesgir

Aesgir Loyal Freddie

Definitely the stunties for me. You can't beat a mass of rampaging short angry guys with Hammers and Axes. Plus personally i think the Runepriest is the most interesting class listed so far.

19. Rellik San

Rellik San Fledgling Freddie

Short guys for me, simply so I can play with my friends, though Orc on the side. :)

20. Ogrelin Blodig

Ogrelin Blodig One of Freddy's beloved

(No lizardmen) They have to leave something for the expansions to come...

21. headbuster

headbuster Fledgling Freddie

i wanna try Order - Dwarves first, then Destruction - Greenskins

22. Raazaar

Raazaar Fledgling Freddie

Most likely greenskins, because everyone knows that GREEN IS BEST! :england:

23. spondodge

spondodge Fledgling Freddie

Witch Hunter is only thing that draws me to Empire ;)

CONFESS CONFESS!!!

Otherwise i'd go evil... always luv evil :)

Probably Chaos...

24. Crudity

Crudity Fledgling Freddie

sigh, I wish I could play a skaven, yes yes?

25. rvn

rvn One of Freddy's beloved

Hard to decide what to play, don't want to play anything that ends up being majority of the server :) underdog for the win :)

Goblins and Orcs seem cool tho (but all classes seem pretty solid, mythic quality so :) )

26. Draig

Draig Fledgling Freddie

DE until they gimme a Skaven

27. Crudity

Crudity Fledgling Freddie

Skaven ftw.
    Well if rats won't dig up to 2008 I will choose Dark Elves or Chaos
    'cause I'm pretty sure there will be bunch of greenskins already :p

28. svartalf

svartalf Can't get enough of FH

I think they will have DEFINITELY spent a considerable amount of time pondering this, particularly the boss, Mark Jacobs. I slagged him off something rotten on the VN boards way back when, because of the terrible imbalance issues. Looking at the races, I think that they've done a cracking job of attracting the hardcore nerds to the dark side...

...[well that's not true. In beta you will still only have the hardcore fans, who are leaning towards destruction on most of the polls]...

... and the namby pamby softy Empire casuals will be totally battered by hardcore Chaos nerds when the game gets released. :)

I have yet to decide whether I want to meet normal people online or win.

• Like Like x 1
  29. SkarIronfist

SkarIronfist Fledgling Freddie

Well one thing to be careful of is, if we have a DAOC server then it could be completely CHAOS/DESTRUCTION and we could end up with no one to fight.

30. AngelHeal

High/dark elf, untill they come with Eldar or necrons