Which race?

Which side/race will you play?

• Total voters

Gog

One of Freddy's beloved
To kick the new forum off, I thought a little poll would be in order. Which side/race are you intending to play at the moment.
I realise information is still a little thin on the ground, but there's not much else to talk about :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Anything with an elf in it <ponders> Dark elf :)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be on the destruction I htink, but not decided between Dark elves or Chaos yet. Will largely depend on looks, and classes available.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Tears said:
Anything with an elf in it <ponders> Dark elf :)

Mixing the roleplayingness of Elves and the hardcore evilness of Chaos!

Now they only have to spell Khorne right now :<

rynnor

Rockhound
Unless theres something terribly flawed about their Dark elves then they are the clear favourite - evil is fun :)

I'd also be tempted by the chaos army if I can mutate into a featureless mass of chaos spawn!!!

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
oh god chaos FTW :flame: ahhh remember a spoilt youth of trying to figure rules to the damn game. Mostly painted the models tbh.. even won a little prize and had one of mine displayed in one of the Games Workshop windows hehe :eek7:

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
TBH, if people actually start playing this with any kind of knowledge about the actual game history there shouldnt be ANY underdogs. Empire is just amazing, its the stalwart with heavy armours/weapons etc. Dwarves are just hilarious and have alot of access to cannons etc (that admittedly kill more of the friendlies than enemies **cough Americans cough**) but this will be implemented in game.
High elves look cool and have classes like banshees (yes BANSHEE not crapp daoc baInshee WTF) uber weapons, wicked skillz. Psionics etc.
Chaos is just downright interesting and not only look cool (if they get it right) but have alot of quirky classes... mmmm nurgles..
Dark Elves, cant really comment i stopped reading magazines and painting in disgust when this new class was released (although im sure good fun)

and Greenskins... well thats just for all the kidz to play that are moving off of WoW tbh... :twak:

Like you said, death to shitty Greenskins! :D

And don't mean to sound nasty or anything, but I'm pretty aware of most the races abilities, only stopped playing Warhammer about a year ago ;)

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
nah just meant to everyone in general.. would hate to think that loads of people are gonna go out and buy this game just because itll be FOTM MMORPG... hope website will inform people properly otherwise will end up with loads of people going dark elf or greenskinz.

Personally chaos/empire... originally played as Blood Angels :flame: good story line behind em too, still have my codec kicking about somewhere same with Chaos

ellanor said:
nah just meant to everyone in general.. would hate to think that loads of people are gonna go out and buy this game just because itll be FOTM MMORPG... hope website will inform people properly otherwise will end up with loads of people going dark elf or greenskinz.

Personally chaos/empire... originally played as Blood Angels :flame: good story line behind em too, still have my codec kicking about somewhere same with Chaos

Well ages ago now, me and mates started it, and we all chose a different race. I'd have went Chaos just cause im sad and they're 'OMFGZ BIG HARD BLACK GUYS!XD' but a mate got them before me. Lizardmen looks sweet so chose them ^^

Chances are though, if i do go the 'good' place, I'll be a dworf, just cause i mate used to paint them, and they look sweet ;)

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
dwarves.. whilst quite cool are pretty standard, they come in basically one form, short fat ugly guys that like mech things that generally blow up alot really lol.... u know u love the empire... **nudge nudge**

(in fear of hijacking thread and being smited by the High Lord of FH)

**looks above sheepishly**

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
just great, every sheep and his dog gonna roll dark elve

Thadius

Part of the furniture
ellanor said:
dwarves.. whilst quite cool are pretty standard, they come in basically one form, short fat ugly guys that like mech things that generally blow up alot really lol.... u know u love the empire... **nudge nudge**

(in fear of hijacking thread and being smited by the High Lord of FH)

**looks above sheepishly**

Me too! :D

One weekend when the big games fair was on, i think 2001, the shop had like loads of events on.

One was to paint and race a walker, ie anything with 2 legs. I bought a funky Imperial guard thing and stuck a Orc inside it. Had cool tiger stripes and a big shiney flag!

I won painting contest and the walker race, shame my aunt knocked it off my unit and it smashed :(

Poag

m00?
PLayed the "Good" guys alot...well..pretty muych all the time.

Time for ebil, wanton destruction and muffins.

Bring forth the muffin cannon!

Dark Elves :)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Well, I want to play em all;
but since my daoc guild is going to play on the order side, I'll end up with a high elf (Humans are boring...and dwarfs, well, don't get me started on those ugly, hairy little bastards :p I never could stand the midgets :) )

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
oh ohhh.

the war between the zones of chaos VS humans.. :)
most under populated vs most populated :p

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
No Bretons Lizardmen or Skaven xD...

So probably gonna go Dark Elf or Empire...

Zephyrex

Fledgling Freddie
I've a High Elf tabletop army :p So ofc I'll play them on the interweb as well!

Hope I can be a priest of Vael's Anvil :)

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
a lot of comments in this thread seem to indicate people basing their knowledge on the tabletop battle game, but i was under the impression that the game was more based on the fantasy roleplay version of the game.
a look at that might make people reconsider their racial choice.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
high elf, allways played elf in everygame where it's possible.
since they are allways in lesser numbers;)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Not voting yet - too little info / screenshots available.

And keep in mind that this poll won't be representative for what the majority of players will do come retail. :)

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
i am gonna buy this game becaus its a FOTM, reason? i looove mythic's DAOC! i know they can pull it off to be the same success if not even greater. but something lurking in my mind..

1. Does this game gonna actually get up on market with WoW? Will it be a competition?

2. Will there be more players than Daoc? I dont complain on the number of players, but seem that it only start to mass join new people at the summer, and they leave by the autumn

3. Is this gonna be a "easy-up" game with all manuals, or does it have to be any exploring in the UI? (thats what i like best, find out things myself)

and also, dont whine at me please :( i know NOTHING about warhammer, all i want is a game with UBER pvp! and so far only Daoc have satisfied me!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
i am gonna buy this game becaus its a FOTM, reason? i looove mythic's DAOC! i know they can pull it off to be the same success if not even greater. but something lurking in my mind..

1. Does this game gonna actually get up on market with WoW? Will it be a competition?

2. Will there be more players than Daoc? I dont complain on the number of players, but seem that it only start to mass join new people at the summer, and they leave by the autumn

3. Is this gonna be a "easy-up" game with all manuals, or does it have to be any exploring in the UI? (thats what i like best, find out things myself)

and also, dont whine at me please :( i know NOTHING about warhammer, all i want is a game with UBER pvp! and so far only Daoc have satisfied me!

1. WAR will compete with WoW for some of the playerbase (thats inevitable), but a lot of players will come from elsewhere.
2. Almost certainly yes, DAoC is a very low population mmog and one over 4 years old, new gen mmorpg's are targetting a much larger audience, much like WoW did successfully.
3. The game will be pvp centric with quests and the usual pve knobs and whistles. There is an interesting gameplay video from one of the exhibitions where a dev describes a lot of how the game will play. One interesting comment i seem to remmeber is that anyone will be able to pvp from the very beginning. Another cool thing is that you get area quests, so a lot of players can be on the same quest step at the same time, so no waiting around for respawns, providing your all on the same step and in the same place, you all get credit regardless of group or who kills the mob.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
ellanor said:
hmph... still no empire lovin! lol

im picking empire so are a few other friends that are coming along to WAR and a few are picking dwarfs so we can be in the same allience. Used to love playing table top Warhammer back in my youth so just hoping that this game gets me addicted once again :)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Givf Lizardmen! Or erm, Night Elves or Chaos, since mates used to paint them, and i wanted to :D

Lizardmen won't appear in this (or shouldn't unless the continent of lustria is opened up)

bear in mind - anything you've played in the last 10 years (or your friends have) will be pre-dated by whfrp. You're looking at classic warhammer - I wish we could play skaven tho :)

If lizardmen do appear they should be massively different to their current tabletop incarnation unless gw allow mythic to totally molest the timeline

edit: forgot - ork, goblin or chaos for me - probably Goblin shaman or Ork whatever :)

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom