Phones Which new phone?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Ordered myself an S3 today \o/

A nice wedding gift of my wifey to be I think :)

Not wanting to spunk on your cake but your wedding gift is me wrapped in bacon....sorry.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not wanting to spunk on your cake but your wedding gift is me wrapped in bacon....sorry.
That explains the Bacon shortage then ;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Was reading a couple of reviews on the Xperia T today, seemed to get a pretty good write up in all honest. Interestingly, performance was near as dammit identical to the SGS 3 and the One X, with half the cores. Camera, build and sound quality all top notch, a very tempting phone.

In other new, the iPhone musical chairs that goes on in our office every year has seen an iPhone 4 appear on my desk, so I can compare iOS and Android side by side. Could be interesting, although it will be a step up from the Nokia E5-00 they've got me using now......

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
An iOS 6 v's Jellybean side by side is mighty interesting, visually the UI's look years apart. Apple have work to do.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
As someone mentioned above, Apple are for ppl who just want a nice looking phone (I think I'm the only person on the planet who thinks the iphone is ugly - far too much plastic around the screen for my liking) where everything works (apart from maps ;) ) app updates can be trusted to work, and who don't need/want widgets, multiple home screens or root-level customisation.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The iPhone 5 battery life is utter wank, lots of tweets about it and discussions on Apple forums. Unsure if its ios6 or the handset.

Off charge at 7:30am, 45% left at 2pm with basic use and a dim screen.

Between this and maps, it's a complete fail.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The iPhone 5 battery life is utter wank, lots of tweets about it and discussions on Apple forums. Unsure if its ios6 or the handset.

Off charge at 7:30am, 45% left at 2pm with basic use and a dim screen.

Between this and maps, it's a complete fail.
That's dire, my 3GS does better than that and I use it almost constantly.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Duff batch of phones or iOS 6 issue - no one knows yet but expect this to be the next headline issue.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Played with a friend's iphone 5 today.

The retina display is lovely, and the build quality is very good. You can pass the phone to someone without them inadvertently pressing the back button or menu (which is all too easy on a SGS2). They may have added an extra line of icons, but screen is still way too small for my liking.

I can definitely understand what ppl like about them. All the apps work and are compatible with each other. There really is an iphone app for everything. Cars have iphone connectivity in priority to Android. Companies will launch the iphone app first, then Android, and so on.

But I do not want to be looking at the app drawer all day long, and for me, Android's customisation means a much more personal, tidier, and fun experience.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

soze

I am a FH squatter
I don't understand how you get it at that price? You have to walk in with a PAYG sim and they let you have it for that?
Yeah a Pay as you Go Sim over 30 days old with more than 30p of credit on it and they give you at price as an upgrade.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I should add I don't have one its just what the people who did are reporting.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 released 16 October for the white, & 1st Nov for the titanium grey

Simply Electronics: £519
Expansys: £529
Amazon: £529
Insight UK: £541
Mobilefun: £546
Airetech UK: £606. LOLz. For £606 I want it delivered by a sex-starved Anna Kornikova.

Tilda

Lamp, when I got my note I ordered it from Amazon.de worked out cheaper than anywhere in the UK. Everywhere here was selling for £500-£540 and I paid £440.

Syri

FH is my second home
Just traded in my iphone for a galaxy s3. Very happy with it so far, and really starting to notice how much crap I had downloaded now I'm having to think about what to install...

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lamp, when I got my note I ordered it from Amazon.de worked out cheaper than anywhere in the UK. Everywhere here was selling for £500-£540 and I paid £440.
*confused*

How'd you do that Tilda?

soze

I am a FH squatter
*confused*

How'd you do that Tilda?
Amazon will let you buy from any of their sites. I often or DVD's ect from America. But lately I have started getting hammered with Post Office charges, the VAT is tiny the £8-£17 "handling fee" is a piss take. I am not sure if this is a problem within the EU.

Tilda

*confused*

How'd you do that Tilda?
You log in to amazon.de, not sure if I had to reregister, its possible. I just used the site in chrome for auto-translate and then ordered from the german site to be shipped to uk. They're offering it for a cheaper price than UK, and the exchange rate helps I think.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I think the postage is 6 Euros from France to the UK

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
You log in to amazon.de, not sure if I had to reregister, its possible. I just used the site in chrome for auto-translate and then ordered from the german site to be shipped to uk. They're offering it for a cheaper price than UK, and the exchange rate helps I think.
Cool, didn't realise that Amazon would do that.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cool, didn't realise that Amazon would do that.

They don't always, it depends on the product. Annoyingly you don't tend to find out until after you've ordered. I was blocked from buying a couple of Logitech products in Ireland off the co.uk site once.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Galaxy S3 is on Amazon at the moment for £399. How close is the Note2 launch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom