Which do you think is the best realm?

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Hi, Simple question... Which is the "easy" and which the "hard" mode realm?

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Albion is the best realm,it's hard being that goodlooking :(

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Midgard = Easy Mode
Hibernia = Normal Mode
Albion = "Insania" xD

Soulbringer

Fledgling Freddie
useless thread :m00:

how many persons will post that their own realm is easy mode? (if it is) instead of just bashin down other realms & claim their realm own is uberhard mode..

:flame:

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Soulbringer said:

how many persons will post that their own realm is easy mode? (if it is) instead of just bashin down other realms & claim their realm own is uberhard mode..

:flame:

I´m gonna make same thread to exc discussion and see the difference

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Soulbringer said:

how many persons will post that their own realm is easy mode?

Not people like you. People know that and thats why people dont listen to you.

Mid = easy mode vs hibs (Hi there ae lul on 3 chars)
Mid = hard mode vs albs

Alb = normal mode vs hibs (Easy with sos, hard without)
Alb = easy mode vs mids (Bof is required for it to be a fight, otherwise very hard mode)

Hib = hard mode vs mids (how are they gonna beat that ae lul?)
Hib = normal mode vs albs (they hit for less and less ae lul)

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
All depends on Realm Ranks in RvR. Based on PvE :
midgard = normal mode
albion = easy mode
hibernia = hard mode

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Fadeh said:

Mid = hard mode vs albs

Alb = easy mode vs mids (Bof is required for it to be a fight, otherwise very hard mode)

pretty accurate i agree
although i'd say alb vs hib pbaoe is very ra dependant, if the chanters have moc up is more likely to make a difference with less lull on alb side
but not played against hibs as alb tank grp only stlong caster grp :p

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on what sort of set up your running. Having had experience in both mid and hib, ive found it tougher to get an albion caster group to compete due to Albion's more diluted classes.
When it comes to tank groups though, i dont think theres a huge amount between the realms. Always gonna be something that an enemy has, that u wish u had in your realm instead.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:

Mid = hard mode vs albs

I agree on that so credit to all the hibgroups that play really well.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
there is only one thing midgard has that is better then the "albversion" and its the healer class.. All others alb has way overhand. Infils do insane more dmg then sb. Scouts got longer range and more dmg then a Hunter, Paladins got self heal and more armour and end chant etc beats a warrior anytime. Mercs although Albs havent realised it is the best light tank in the game especially after the many boostings recent patches. the Minstrel in itself is the most unbalancing class in the game since there is nothing like it in any of the other 2 realms.. Albion even got the best BB around to wich I find hysterical fun..Mid and Hib chars are about equal in general although i feel the enchanter as being a little owerpowerd but not complaining about it really. Thats solo wise.. and if you start looking RA wise Mids dont stand a chance against either of the realms.. SoS and BoF is just to much of an advantage.. I just cried at how sad the game is when you here about a relic raid where mids set up giant defence at amg.. ohh they got a minstrel group SoSing from relic keep to apk.. whole mid was spamming stun mezz etc didnt matter cause they had safe passage because of SoS..

Ohh and I see savages as a good class to but imo a high RR merc is worse then a high RR savage..

This is not a whine this is how i see the game.. So end result is
1. Albion, better classes better RA
2. Hib just because of better RA then mid
3. Mids to be successful as a mid group you really need to be a pretty darn opted and tightly working team

remi

Fledgling Freddie
always greener on other side etc.

opted group vs opted group is pretty much whoever fecks up first will loose :D

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
I find savages still better the mercs but the current groupsetups allows albs to have more people in the MA train. that's without theurg in group tho.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Mid = hard mode vs albs

Agree !

playing casters these days takes more skill than tanks though , so easier to start out as a melee group

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Fadeh done most reasonable reply.

However there seems to be an assumption that its 1FG vs 1FG all the time.

If Hibs could be bothered to hold a keep and actually use their animists, they'd cream anything that got close. So for sieges Hibs have it easiest... if they get the right toons out.

In relic raids, Albs have it easier than any other realm.

In zerg open field RvR there is virtually no difference between the realms - the realm that brings along the most AE casters wins (ie not Dark SMs... /cry :D).

In Stealth Alb has it far easier than either Mid or Hib.

In FG RvR as of 1.65 Alb has it easiest, despite the diluting of char classes because most FG RvR is tank based.

Mid has the best 'ambushing' RvR FG setup but depend on MACH 6.

Each realm just calls the realm they tend to lose to the Easy Mode realm, and even then, they're usually just talking about one style of battle and vs one specific lineup. You can already see from the posts above assumptions made about what you come up against all the time.

Albs complain Mid PvE is easier yet I know players from Alb/Excal that gave up on Mid and just went back to make a bunch more 50s there because they admitted it was easier, though who can say whether its the gameplay or the fact they know more people they could get levelled with. I found Hib much easier to level on than Mid and I made a point of getting to 50 there unguilded with a full healing druid that could barely solo blue cons :D

Perception is all ;)

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
Fadeh done most reasonable reply.

However there seems to be an assumption that its 1FG vs 1FG all the time.

If Hibs could be bothered to hold a keep and actually use their animists, they'd cream anything that got close. So for sieges Hibs have it easiest... if they get the right toons out.

In relic raids, Albs have it easier than any other realm.

In zerg open field RvR there is virtually no difference between the realms - the realm that brings along the most AE casters wins (ie not Dark SMs... /cry :D).

In Stealth Alb has it far easier than either Mid or Hib.

In FG RvR as of 1.65 Alb has it easiest, despite the diluting of char classes because most FG RvR is tank based.

Mid has the best 'ambushing' RvR FG setup but depend on MACH 6.

Each realm just calls the realm they tend to lose to the Easy Mode realm, and even then, they're usually just talking about one style of battle and vs one specific lineup. You can already see from the posts above assumptions made about what you come up against all the time.

Albs complain Mid PvE is easier yet I know players from Alb/Excal that gave up on Mid and just went back to make a bunch more 50s there because they admitted it was easier, though who can say whether its the gameplay or the fact they know more people they could get levelled with. I found Hib much easier to level on than Mid and I made a point of getting to 50 there unguilded with a full healing druid that could barely solo blue cons :D

Perception is all ;)

was going to type pretty much exactly the same :p

the game isnt all about fg v fg fights ^^

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Think it has become alot easyer to be hib.

ASD is working on chanters :/ well like it when iam on hib :p

tilde

One of Freddy's beloved
Zapsi said:
Think it has become alot easyer to be hib.

ASD is working on chanters :/ well like it when iam on hib :p

dps-debuff, interupts when not resisted. gets resisted 50% of the time.
asd interupts when resisted.

Fadeh is quite correct, wouldnt call it "hard" if SoS is down though, more like normal.

The gankinggroups will probably change in structures when RA-review is being made. Mid PBAE-groups is much much better than Hib's, too bad they lack GP. Frontiers will be interesting, just as year2005 ;)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
3. Mids to be successful as a mid group you really need to be a pretty darn opted and tightly working team

..Albion has better grp rvr classes than mid? Lål.

Aussie

Banned
Oldfaravid said:

either you came from US or you've played 2 weeks daoc. so..
I'd like to welcome to Dark Age of Camelot m8 !

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Following on from Roos point about the realm with the most AE Casters coming out tops in a zerg, I always found while playing my Chanter that Hibs had it decidedly easier than the other realms during a zerg situation...

Stacked PBAoE + BAoD etc... Never played Alb but seemed that way when I was Mid as it does now I'm a Hib. ;>

pez

Can't get enough of FH
this is my take on it and i play hib so make what you will of it

Fg v FG
Mid -easy
Hib - medium
Alb -hard

Realm V Realm and keep takes etc
Alb - easy
Mid - medium
Hib - hard
(this is specific from my experiences of Prydwen)

Stealth
Alb - easy
Hib - medium
Mid - hard

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
tilde said:
dps-debuff, interupts when not resisted. gets resisted 50% of the time.
asd interupts when resisted.

Fadeh is quite correct, wouldnt call it "hard" if SoS is down though, more like normal.

The gankinggroups will probably change in structures when RA-review is being made. Mid PBAE-groups is much much better than Hib's, too bad they lack GP. Frontiers will be interesting, just as year2005 ;)

ASD lvl 7 on chanter free to use.

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
A few days ago I said, I liked midgard for PVE and hibernia for RVR.

I only have bg characters in hibernia (excalibur) but I have one in midgard (prydwen) too.

And the difference is huge only by the fact that hibs work together and mids don't.

If its that way in the big RVR too, I can understand why mids lose from the hibs.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Cerbie said:
A few days ago I said, I liked midgard for PVE and hibernia for RVR.

I only have bg characters in hibernia (excalibur) but I have one in midgard (prydwen) too.

And the difference is huge only by the fact that hibs work together and mids don't.

If its that way in the big RVR too, I can understand why mids lose from the hibs.

I found Hib/Ex way more effective a team in BG than Mid/Pryd.

At lvl50 I found both about the same tbh :)

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
either you came from US or you've played 2 weeks daoc. so..
I'd like to welcome to Dark Age of Camelot m8 !

Ohh Ive only played daoc for 2 weeks.. Played since beta and last I checked I had leveled 5 lvl 50s Hunter, Warrior, Shadowblade, Healer, Shaman.

All of em RR3+ but I like hunter most so thats my focus. I also got access to a friends acc with 5 level 50s Runemaster, Bonedancer, Shaman, Hunter and Shadowblade... So all of those classes Ive played in RvR, some more some less. Im sticking to what Ive said, and anyone who doesnt think albs and hibs have better RAs for RvR isnt thinking clearly. Also take any Alb class and it will outdamage/outperform its mid counterpart.. Mids got Healer and Savage that stand out in comperison.

Sure mid got the tools to be a good Realm but if you examine piece bye piece midgard is weaker then both Hib and Alb.

Well if you like to think im from the states.. then there is a great example of people starting to get tired of "Dark age of Camelot" since Camelot is suppose to be the shining in the light.. people are leaving midgard on their servers cause there isnt any point in choosing a obviously weaker Realm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom