When will we see the 1st...

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
Hehe...the comparison was more of a bad joke from my side:)

Jokes is hard to make over the net ;)

ebenezer said:
The situasions you describe with bainshee involved are by no means a certain death if you handle it a bit with some thought instead of just running into the screeking red pulsating circle and stay there for 4 more pbs and then die: p
Run other direction....or just avoid going into it...or when near a structure and see ur damage go down run out..

Personally I feel like I never get the chance to run anywhere when this happens (as a caster). The dps is too hard - Nuke nuke (nuke) at the worst. Ofc sometimes you can save yourself out with 10-20% hp, but that is if you are lucky imo. Espesially when getting nuked inside the top of the milegate where the caoe covers almost the whole room.

ebenezer said:
Seeing a warloc means you have 3 secs before you die..and even the healers arent that quick most of the times. Since i do have a bainshee i can tell you honestly that the situasions you discribe is very uncommon and i would happely remember pb an army to death at every structure battle: P Most people know they move away cause of this very known bug. Still its nothing you can do being in sight of a warloc: )

Many classes can kill in 3-4 seconds nowadays you know, but I understand your point. About the bainshees - Its allright when in situations where you accually see the bainshee coming and have time to move away. But when resting hp inside a milegate or similar and getting nuked through the wall, there is not much one gets to do about it. Nothing you can do while being out of sight from a bainshee ;)

ebenezer said:
we just have very different opinions: ) and thats fair enough.
over and out..

I agree

Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Since you talk about fg rvr now, that tank can get 1, grappled, 2, stunned 3, mezzed, 4, rooted, 5, FZed 6, walk into 3-4 brittles + pbt/bt, 7 lagg strafe wich all casters abuse ( i would abuse it too if it worked against /face 1111 nukers )

Casters can also suffer from almost all off this, and trade the brittles, bt and laggstrafe for det, charge, banelord and runthrough - And you have a winner. You can now cut out point 2,3 and 4 from the tanks aswell.

One can list many things to stop tanks and casters, and argue back and forward - But I for one think its pretty even as it now stands =)

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Pre ToA and the insane castrates there where alot of good and feared casters. I'm not sure what thier cast time was but i'd guess it was around 1.6-1.8 seconds right? A wizard couldn't just instant cast 2 fire balls and do 1700 dmg too u then 1.2 s later nuke u for 800 dmg. It's like running around with aimbot and a AWM in CS - fun?

WHY ISN'T CAST RATES CAPPED AT 1.5s AS MELEE IS?

Tanks was very nice in pre toa patches but a skilled caster that did verything right could still 3-4 shot a support class and in that way 'do his job', not it become so silly /face 111 300 rps, /face 111 300 rps /face 111 300 rps.

Seriously if I was a rr10 say.. enchanter I would be pissd off aswell since the aspect of skill has been taken away and its just too easy. Not sure if ANYONE agrees on that, but thats okey.
Why aren't you retarded. Play a caster(not in pve, ok?) then come back.

Chap said:
1 Prolly the most used form of CC vs bl tanks
2 Det5 and charge2. Ever heard of tendrils?
3 Det5 and charge2
4 Det5 and charge2
5 15 min timer
6 howlong will brittles last with 2-3 bl tanks on him?
7 stun negates this
You dont really have a clue do you? Most tanks are unCC'able and with banespike you can insta kill casters.

Well if tanks are 100% un CC able and casters 3-4 shotting everything then sure there is a problem. Not like daoc is a FPS where u die pritty mutch instant if u do one bad move. Or actually thats how it is atm. :D

Eva said:
Why aren't you retarded. Play a caster(not in pve, ok?) then come back.

i did play and ench in SI, so i tryed it. And Xith, calling me a retard for not playing a sorc like you and having a diffrent view of things, is just childish.

Not like i'm playing a warlock and actully try make it out that they are balanced in 1v1 game :m00:

Vilje said:
But I for one think its pretty even as it now stands =)

Yah, well i don't feel thats it that even when ur SM hits me for 850 dmg from 1650 range at 1.2 s cast. Just don't think its even.

:p

remi said:
again, in start of TOA = casters fun era, 25% pierce, wasnt it 25% cast spd also? bg/grapple...haha...yea...gib back that xD

Yah i remb that vaugly, donno if that many on prydwen in th start of toa had collected all this, and i'm sure not everyone had those bonuses.

Ah well, not mutch too say more - seems well used our strongest arguments and i seen alot of good points and diffrent views on things in this thread.

Not mutch more too say.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Dallas said:
Still a banespiking tank, and using battler charge on a caster is tough shit for the caster, if caster use moc, he cant kill as fast :)

<3 asd+str/dex instas+disease

i think its pretty balanced atm too, BLs are a pain but its rly upto the caster/s to avoid/eliminate em. i would still give the edge to casters. way too much anti-melee bs in this game.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chap said:
1 Prolly the most used form of CC vs bl tanks
2 Det5 and charge2. Ever heard of tendrils?
3 Det5 and charge2
4 Det5 and charge2
5 15 min timer
6 howlong will brittles last with 2-3 bl tanks on him?
7 stun negates this
You dont really have a clue do you? Most tanks are unCC'able and with banespike you can insta kill casters.

you do know we're talking about the damage output of _one_ caster here...

you're referring to 2-3 banelords...

Banelord line needs a radius or an interrupt nerf (or at the very least some effects so you can see where the banelord is and where the "can't cast for a couple of years" radius is at)

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Yah, well i don't feel thats it that even when ur SM hits me for 850 dmg from 1650 range at 1.2 s cast. Just don't think its even.

Yerr, its not even amongst the classes 1 on 1. They are all different, and thats good. Some advantages and some disadvantages towards each other. But as a whole I think its even. Mincer vs sm tends to make a good fight imo =)

PS! On the sms lifetap the cap is 1.0 sec (2.5 base) castingspeed btw, while dark runies have 1.2 sec cap (2.8 base) castspeed :)
Cap is on 40% of the base cast speed of the spell afaik.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Matriarch|Sneakers said:

DO you have any resists ? you runies nuke for 600-900 and sm's nuking you for 850????

the only players who nuked me that high was inside pbae or theurgs because i have 7% spirit, but 850 :eek7:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
relics + crit, happens lots these days ;p

for the caster vs tank discussion, caster vs caster is even worse, with relics, its soo many casters i 1 shot with bolts now....is funneh xD

Calo said:
DO you have any resists ? you runies nuke for 600-900 and sm's nuking you for 850????

the only players who nuked me that high was inside pbae or theurgs because i have 7% spirit, but 850 :eek7:

Remi nuked me for something along the lines of 600 then 853 then 853 again so yes, casters can indeed to that kind of dmg, 10% resist pierce, 10% cast dmg, some mom, relics and high int.

A tank can't hit everyone for 850 dmg, since abs works vs melee but not on spells ( maybe bolts or? )

Anyway, guess in the end my whine wont matter, either i roll a one of the fotm casters myself or stfu i guess. :D

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Hmm, Mod why is this ignored??

Cause it is a general statement, not directed at one specific person.
If I where to call you a cry baby for crying out for a mod, it would have been a personal insult.
This is just a general statement, something I feel is correct.
Regards, Glottis

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
A tank can't hit everyone for 850 dmg, since abs works vs melee but not on spells ( maybe bolts or? )

You bet they can ;) And that hurts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom