When will we see the 1st...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Mousah said:
15 thanes - 1 paccer = ALL..

let all roll teh overpowered class....Thanes!

replace Thanes with valkyries imho =)) TEH pbae spear styles will rock them all =)

More fun arguments to the table :)

Would anyone agree to say that warlocks together with vampiirs are the most skilless useless and retarted classes in the game when it comes to solo play?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Matriarch|Sneakers said:

Would anyone agree to say that warlocks together with vampiirs are the most skilless useless and retarted classes in the game when it comes to solo play?

you can kill vamps if you have a shield.

You can kill warlocks if you have 4 friends one of whom has a stun :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Problem is, that group would die if the enemy had a heretic in group with them ;) Loved firing the rr5 ability and watching warlocks hit for 150dmg :D

Silly thing is, they still carry on wasting their chambers on you and don't realise what's going on ^^

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
Make wl's succeptable to interupts and it will bring the class some much needed ballance.

thing is, WL have 4 casts of unninteruptble, and 2 chambers, after that, the dps are so fukin useless its QQ.

and with some DI up, a WL will waste all that on one guy, WL aint that op as people think..

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Has anyone ever tried running 8 MOC3 ML9 sorcs?

8 MOC3 ML9 cabby's with unCC'able pets could be even funnier tho I guess.

we actually talked about that setup a few weeks ago, 4 cabbys, 4 sorcs, all lifetap, all get moc, all have ml9, such group tt.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
<snip>
And to the comparison with bains caoe through walls etc:p
erhm....where do you ever find those two things to even come into the same category:p? Its like saying: I have a bazooka that can insta kill my neighbour here anytime...but HEY he have a water hoose on his side that splashes water on me from time to time when i go to close!
I agree...lets fix the bug...but man..try stick to the subject:p
over and out...

Was not really a comparison from my part .. More of what I really would like see fixed. And its a little worse that "splashing water" on people imo. More like high value radiation.

*Running over bridge* <Insert name of bainshee here> hits you for 700, 700, 750 - dead. And you can't see it anywhere.

*Going through a milegate* <Insert name of bainshee here> hits you for 700, 700, 750 - dead.

*Insert structure here* Repeat the scenarios(sp?) above

And its not only the buggy part of the bainshee that needs a fix, but their ranged aoe dmg output aswell imo -Which can be compared to pb-pbaoe dmg at times.

Of course they are in the same category: the "fix"-category, if you take the public opinions into consideration ;)

Putting the main subject into context (telling what you want fixed, compared to the subject at hand) does not necessarily harm this very subject, or the discussion if you'd like.

Ging

Part of the furniture
remi said:
we actually talked about that setup a few weeks ago, 4 cabbys, 4 sorcs, all lifetap, all get moc, all have ml9, such group tt.

shame u cant run in it :)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Vilje said:
Was not really a comparison from my part .. More of what I really would like see fixed. And its a little worse that "splashing water" on people imo. More like high value radiation.

*Running over bridge* <Insert name of bainshee here> hits you for 700, 700, 750 - dead. And you can't see it anywhere.

*Going through a milegate* <Insert name of bainshee here> hits you for 700, 700, 750 - dead.

*Insert structure here* Repeat the scenarios(sp?) above

And its not only the buggy part of the bainshee that needs a fix, but their ranged aoe dmg output aswell imo -Which can be compared to pb-pbaoe dmg at times.

Of course they are in the same category: the "fix"-category, if you take the public opinions into consideration ;)

Putting the main subject into context (telling what you want fixed, compared to the subject at hand) does not necessarily harm this very subject, or the discussion if you'd like.

Hehe...the comparison was more of a bad joke from my side:) But i still think warlocs arsenal they have is another thing all together. As the Bainshee"problem" is a bug^^....whereas the warlocs was meant to have that insane arsenal. Its not like anything else in game....bainshee nor sorcs included. They all overpowered comparing to old classes but warloc is worst. And seems majority agrees with that.
The situasions you describe with bainshee involved are by no means a certain death if you handle it a bit with some thought instead of just running into the screeking red pulsating circle and stay there for 4 more pbs and then die:p
Run other direction....or just avoid going into it...or when near a structure and see ur damage go down run out..
Seeing a warloc means you have 3 secs before you die..and even the healers arent that quick most of the times. Since i do have a bainshee i can tell you honestly that the situasions you discribe is very uncommon and i would happely remember pb an army to death at every structure battle:p Most people know they move away cause of this very known bug. Still its nothing you can do being in sight of a warloc:)
Im sure you see the difference in this?
if not....we just have very different opinions:) and thats fair enough.
over and out..

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorin said:
one of the so called Mas Bullshit's 2k5 :DF

[

Nah its the truth, id perhaps even let the charm go, i love the hypocrisy. ppl whine warlocks are shite in fg then moan they are op cause they are very effective in 1v1, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ?? As always any char is op when they cant kill it the BD whine still lives and so do warlocks, if it really bothers you that much as to make 1000000000000 threads/posts on FH you seriously need some fresh air, try logging for an extended period and that includes fh. People wont be happy until locks are nerfed enough as not to be able to kill any char, ive given my suggestions, im happy to lose the chambers and uniterutable just give me dex based casting and same LT health return damage as other lt casters. And im sure other warlocks can vouch for me when i say they are a fun caster class to play. Just because certain chars run in fotm GG's and earn 100k per night doesent mean jack.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Matriarch|Sneakers said:

Vamp incoming, I insta DD him:
-> slam, WM -> RH, WM -> RH
-> engage
-> wait 45seconds for timer to go down, better have endo pots
-> slam, WM -> RH, WM -> RH

and the story goes on....only mistake I did was using insta DD, back then I was noob R1L7 valkyrie and didn't know that attacking makes engage not work for a few seconds =) then again the vamp was RR5 or 6 and in ToA and I was in random stuff and still nearly beat him =))

If he had charged, would've engaged right away =)

Warlocks are much worse, but if you have PS and they don't notice it you can do it easier =)

Hmm, must say ppl have alot of diff ideas about the new NF classes.

Myself i think all of them except maybe valks are OPed and game breaking fuckup classes. WL b/c they take 0 skill, a ferret could walk over the keybaord and by chance kill 2 ppl...thats just insane and anyone defending the warlocks abilities should just grow up.

Bains b/c well doing cone nukes for 700 dmg at a long range and through walls is just...not meant to be

Bonedancers are still an issue in the solo/small group area - could fix it if thier instant lifetap was removed.

Vampiirs seems to be a 2 button class spamm style with 1 buttom and then some OPed instant DD with the other... seems to me like its meant for ppl that are just too dumb to play any other real melee class.

Generally it seems casters got too mutch fluff since toa and NF leaving tanks behind - except from when it comes to group rvr where very high resistance is aplyed, DI, spread heals etc.
- I find it hard to justify caster dps atm, 3 nukes and ur dead, 3.6 seconds...not leaving u mutch time to react or even get close at doing anything except, die.

Well... as censi said, all this is here to stay and i guess either u quit the game or roll either a SM, BD, Warlock, bainshee or a sorc.

:touch:

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
you can kill vamps if you have a shield.

You can kill warlocks if you have 4 friends one of whom has a stun :D
You are the bigest gimp ever then. So if there are 3 ppl they won’t be able to kill a WL??
After the 2 chambers, 100% power bar, Tataros charge and 1 pow pot what are the WL supposed to do then?? Kill the last 1 with powerless nukes? Guess that would be you running around not knowing what to do.
What if 1 of the 3 have NS, stun, Phaseshift, FZ, . . . or if one of them is a Vamp, Bainshee, heretic, . . . or what about a lot of other nice MLs/RAs that will prevent the WL in killing those 3 gimps??
Sure I can purge the stun/NS etc. and kill 1 but that’s about it if you play well. But many ppl don't play well and many have crap matter resist.
WLs ARE OP but so are a few of the hib and alb classes.

Btw does WLs have a shield??
If it takes a shield to kill a Vamp and 4 ppl to kill a WL. Who would win a Vamp vs. WL fight??

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
What if 1 of the 3 have NS, stun, Phaseshift, FZ, .

an all the warlock has to do is press chamber button ? you really think that is fair?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
remi said:
thing is, WL have 4 casts of unninteruptble, and 2 chambers, after that, the dps are so fukin useless its QQ.

They dont have 4 UI casts, its more like 5-6. Add Tartaros for another 3-4. Add Raging Power (2) for another 3-4. Add a mana-pot for another 1-2.

So 2 chambers (=4 spells) + another 12 = 16 uninterruptable spells. Ask yourselves how much spells you do before you're interrupted. And while you're interrupted, your dps drops very fast. The warlock keeps a steady dps, and I doubt you catch up with the WL potential DPS in 1 minute.

and with some DI up, a WL will waste all that on one guy, WL aint that op as people think..

If you nuke on DI, you're 'wasting' uninterupted casts on him aswell. And contrary to the WL, you can be sure you will be interrupted quite soon.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
an all the warlock has to do is press chamber button ? you really think that is fair?
What about those classes that can hit 1 button that makes them close to immune to magic dam for 10/30 secs?? Is that fair??

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:
If it takes a shield to kill a Vamp and 4 ppl to kill a WL. Who would win a Vamp vs. WL fight??

Warlock would win if he had decent gear, ML10 and wasnt fighting a Dementia specced Vampiir.

Ofcourse majority of Warlocks runs in absolute crap gear, didnt do Masterlevels fully and still does 'more then fine'.

Take for example 'Starf' who was the highest ranking Warlock on Prydwen for a while.

Starf.JPG

He has absolutely SHIT gear (6% slash resists, olol) yet he was able to rank in RR7 pretty fast. Skilled player? Well... lets just say a skilled player would have had more then 6% slash dont you think ?

Ging

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:
What about those classes that can hit 1 button that makes them close to immune to magic dam for 10/30 secs?? Is that fair??

yes that would be (except for vamp if dementia specced) an RA that was earnt thats on an 10/15 min RUT, where as your avg rog WL doesnt even require that. Your insta win chambers can be bought back online in a matter of 20 secs.

Eeben said:

Same thing with BDs really no skill class thats just OPed. Beeing a better player doesn't help shit vs them.

As a minstrel I can open up a fight vs a BD start flute mezz, dd+dd mezz lands. Instant aoe pet mezz ( 30 seconds ).

Now i done 480 dmg to the BD, a caster. New DD cycle. Hit ( BT absorb ), stunn hit hit hit. Still no dead BD. ( yes this is ur fuck OPed BD aldoran ). So new DD cycle, another 480 dmg. And Now BD starts to strafe and Lifetap me to death - and i cant do shit about it.

His pets are still mezzed and he is healing himself and killing ME with his baseline lifetap bullshit...

This kind of classes are just gamebreaking - Should everyone just roll 1 hit/buttom classes and then we can go out in the frontiers and instant kill eachother :clap:

Calo

Part of the furniture
yes bd's & warlocks are OP but you can't blame the players to trying them out.

IF albs had them NF would be full with warlocks and bd's, same with hibs.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kathal said:
You are the bigest gimp ever then. So if there are 3 ppl they won’t be able to kill a WL??
After the 2 chambers, 100% power bar, Tataros charge and 1 pow pot what are the WL supposed to do then?? Kill the last 1 with powerless nukes? Guess that would be you running around not knowing what to do.
What if 1 of the 3 have NS, stun, Phaseshift, FZ, . . . or if one of them is a Vamp, Bainshee, heretic, . . . or what about a lot of other nice MLs/RAs that will prevent the WL in killing those 3 gimps??
Sure I can purge the stun/NS etc. and kill 1 but that’s about it if you play well. But many ppl don't play well and many have crap matter resist.
WLs ARE OP but so are a few of the hib and alb classes.

<- point

-> kathal.

*swoosh*

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
remi said:
whats up with the warlock whine? they are good in 1vs1 and mebbe kill some in keeps but in groups they are fukin useless.

sorc >>>>>>>>>>> warlock anyday in terms of util, groupability and "solofun"

Sorc at high RR is a good class, with Purge3, MoC3 and some passives and ML9 pet. A Warlock turns at 50 with gimp gear into a chain killing class with bullshit like unbreakable snare, near sight, spreadheals, sick DD/bold/dot/PBAoE damage and that via instas, uninterruptable spells or powerless spells and a lifetap component. Add con as tertiary stat, tireless and own Crack20 (rofl!) and ToA bonuses and Tart charge and some RP and you have an overpowered class. Yes, Sorc at high RR is very easy to play but a Warlock is more lethal in everyway and the snare/near sight/heal utility is not bad, especially when you can maintain max damage with the 50/20 spec.

As being useless in groups, guess when someone is used to Midgard group easy mode it's an easy thing to say.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
They dont have 4 UI casts, its more like 5-6. Add Tartaros for another 3-4. Add Raging Power (2) for another 3-4. Add a mana-pot for another 1-2.

So 2 chambers (=4 spells) + another 12 = 16 uninterruptable spells. Ask yourselves how much spells you do before you're interrupted. And while you're interrupted, your dps drops very fast. The warlock keeps a steady dps, and I doubt you catch up with the WL potential DPS in 1 minute.

If you nuke on DI, you're 'wasting' uninterupted casts on him aswell. And contrary to the WL, you can be sure you will be interrupted quite soon.

Thanks for saying that, couldn't do it any better.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Same thing with BDs really no skill class thats just OPed. Beeing a better player doesn't help shit vs them.

As a minstrel I can open up a fight vs a BD start flute mezz, dd+dd mezz lands. Instant aoe pet mezz ( 30 seconds ).

Now i done 480 dmg to the BD, a caster. New DD cycle. Hit ( BT absorb ), stunn hit hit hit. Still no dead BD. ( yes this is ur fuck OPed BD aldoran ). So new DD cycle, another 480 dmg. And Now BD starts to strafe and Lifetap me to death - and i cant do shit about it.

His pets are still mezzed and he is healing himself and killing ME with his baseline lifetap bullshit...

This kind of classes are just gamebreaking - Should everyone just roll 1 hit/buttom classes and then we can go out in the frontiers and instant kill eachother :clap:
Iirc no one but your own realm has baseline lifetap. So maybe you should actually learn what your opponents has access to and you might stand a chance. He might have pd5 in which case he's spent 34 rsp to negate your main damage. You could just spec aom and you would have the same advantage as he has.
So you are calling the BD OP, when you do 480 x 3 + 4 hits (one which is absorbed by bt) before he can even fight back. So that's atleast 1440 DD damage + 100 damage per swing adds up to 1740. In that case Aldorans should've been long dead. After the stun you said he killed you with insta lt alone? Your DD cycle should deal more damage than his lt so even if you did not kill him after the stun etc. If your scenario is true you are one shite player. Oh and why didnt you just use your iwin OP bullshit Zephyr?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Warlock would win if he had decent gear, ML10 and wasnt fighting a Dementia specced Vampiir.

Ofcourse majority of Warlocks runs in absolute crap gear, didnt do Masterlevels fully and still does 'more then fine'.

Take for example 'Starf' who was the highest ranking Warlock on Prydwen for a while.

Starf.JPG

He has absolutely SHIT gear (6% slash resists, olol) yet he was able to rank in RR7 pretty fast. Skilled player? Well... lets just say a skilled player would have had more then 6% slash dont you think ?

so what? i ran with 8% heat till rr9 on rm. NO SKILL CLASS ROFLLOLOLS :m00:

edit: and spirit, and energy, and pretty much all resists were shit xD

Ging

Part of the furniture
remi said:
so what? i ran with 8% heat till rr9 on rm. NO SKILL CLASS ROFLLOLOLS :m00:

edit: and spirit, and energy, and pretty much all resists were shit xD

you & your cousin u mean :)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

16 casts, jesus? that's nothing in a close fight in fg wars, bet i do around 40 casts with rm there...let's talk about the dps after those 16 casts are gone?

im not saying WL's are not op'ed in 1vs1, im saying they suck arse in fg war.

Megarevs said:
Iirc no one but your own realm has baseline lifetap. So maybe you should actually learn what your opponents has access to and you might stand a chance. He might have pd5 in which case he's spent 34 rsp to negate your main damage. You could just spec aom and you would have the same advantage as he has.
So you are calling the BD OP, when you do 480 x 3 + 4 hits (one which is absorbed by bt) before he can even fight back. So that's atleast 1440 DD damage + 100 damage per swing adds up to 1740. In that case Aldorans should've been long dead. After the stun you said he killed you with insta lt alone? Your DD cycle should deal more damage than his lt so even if you did not kill him after the stun etc. If your scenario is true you are one shite player. Oh and why didnt you just use your iwin OP bullshit Zephyr?

The scenario stands correct yes. I used malice to bump my charisma stats by 50 so i had 250 charisma normal minstrels have 190.
I don't have FZ since iam not a sojorner. And if i had FZ he would just windowdrag inside it "out of view mates4tw"...
Aldorans fkn instant lifetap spell healed him for insane amounts of hits yes, my dds didnt kill him no.

And for me beeing a shite player... seriously if i mezz HIS PETS, HIM and get the jump and a HUGE advantage in the fight, then i used all my tools i can to kill him... and all he does is purge stunn and "lifetap" me to death... thats just rediculous. ( I even IP'ed used heal pot and warlord self 220 heal ) Thats around 2233+1100+300+200 hits to kill and he does it with his fkn lifetap, HAHA....and iam dding and styling for my life and the abusive little c...t strafes and shit and ur actually defending him/the class ( safe to say ALL BDs strafe abuse )

Only idiots defend those no skill classes. Sorc is also OPed but its easy to correct, make sure MoC isnt aplyable for spells that do damage, or remove lifetap from the game atm its just pathetic.
Even better just remove all fkn mls, ras and crap there is in this game :cheers:

Got abit carried away here, no irl offence intended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom