What's the point?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
What's the point of going solo when every single time you pop a stealther, you get added on by 2x+ random casters (no matter what realm, this happens in alb as well).

The couple of times I've been duo with a friend of mine, I've been whined at, but those who whine are one of the first who also add when you go solo.

If you go in a duo, you get the time to take down atleast one of them, if not more so you actually gain something out of the run instead of just buffing up and running back out.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
The couple of times I've been duo with a friend of mine, I've been whined at, but those who whine are one of the first who also add when you go solo.

If you go in a duo, you get the time to take down atleast one of them, if not more so you actually gain something out of the run instead of just buffing up and running back out.

I duo quite regularly aswell nowadays. It's great fun, more RP's, and mostly of all: FUCKING LESS FRUSTRATING.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I fought you twice yesterday, you handed me my ass :p

Must be my low rr ^^

Anyway, duo'ing ain't as fun as soloing, so I'd prefer that, but it's hopeless cause I get added on all the bloody time.

Like Gustav when I fought him, he uses FZ and IP on me then I take him to 10% and he cries for help to the three mids around him and they added to take me down and then he runs to the keep to heal up..

Though I saw Gustav with 2 sb's and Koxine last night.

Labello

Fledgling Freddie
Lately me and a friend made a duo where we leav soloers, ore take em down solo.
And the other player guard the 1v1 fight from adders.

pip

Banned
Kinag said:
What's the point of going solo when every single time you pop a stealther, you get added on by 2x+ random casters (no matter what realm, this happens in alb as well).

/claps didn't take ya long to work that 1 out ?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
pip said:
/claps didn't take ya long to work that 1 out ?

I don't even understand why you're still on these boards, all you seem to be capable of doing is spewing out lots of bullshit.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Whats the point?

Mainly the point for me was the feeling of knowing that I'd won the fight and no one else, that I'd bested whoever I was fighting in a 1 on 1, which was usually challenging and because of the challenge it tended to feel rewarding.

Yes its annoying when you get zerged and added on for hours, sometimes days at a time, but imo its worth it for those times when everything you try comes off, and you beat 1, 2, 3 and sometimes more on your own.

Handing multiple enemies thier own backsides is always a great feeling when you're solo.

Atleast this used to be the motivating factor for me, I miss my scout and my soloing days :(

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Dukat said:
Whats the point?

Mainly the point for me was the feeling of knowing that I'd won the fight and no one else, that I'd bested whoever I was fighting in a 1 on 1, which was usually challenging and because of the challenge it tended to feel rewarding.

Yes its annoying when you get zerged and added on, but imo its worth it for those times when everything you try comes off, and you beat 2 or 3 people on your own.

Handing multiple enemies thier own backsides is always a great feeling when you're solo.

Atleast this used to be the motivating factor for me, I miss my scout and my soloing days :(

Try finding a solo stealther AWAY from casters or other enemies :p

Only one I've found who's gone solo has been Kipu, and /cheer to him.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Kinag said:
Try finding a solo stealther AWAY from casters or other enemies :p

Only one I've found who's gone solo has been Kipu, and /cheer to him.

Yea, its not easy, sometimes it was so irritating I had to just walk away, but still, those times when you take an enemy with a FG right near by and get clean away, and once stealthed, you get to turn around and watch them all out running in circles looking for you :D that feeling of knowing you've outsmarted them all to me was addictive, I'd often get rolled for trying to do something completely stupid, but the times I got away with it more than made up for it, also I got to know what I could get away with after a bit of practice and I got rolled less and less, but still tried to do more and more outragous stuff :D

pip

Banned
Kinag said:
I don't even understand why you're still on these boards, all you seem to be capable of doing is spewing out lots of bullshit.
Like your thread ? it is realm v realm you just worked it out ? why should folk leave the other enemies alone, it's all this Crap don't add on me thats killing the game:) Folk if they can't handle solo get in a grp have fun after all this is what the game is for, if you don't want to run with a duo/trio/fg don't cry about dieing

ps...I only insult the folk that constantly insult me:wanker:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
pip said:
Like your thread ? it is realm v realm you just worked it out ? why should folk leave the other enemies alone, it's all this Crap don't add on me thats killing the game:) Folk if they can't handle solo get in a grp have fun after all this is what the game is for, if you don't want to run with a duo/trio/fg don't cry about dieing

My thread ain't bullshit, it's quite a simple question which you could answer to instead of just posting stuff which doesn't have jack shit to do with it.

Thing is, not everybody enjoy to stealth zerg, if you like it then good for you and I hope you have fun doing it.

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
god what is the point off going solo when every random alb noob caster who cant play a proper class just adds all day.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:

didnt know forums would be a roleplayers kind of thing. Dosent it ruin the feeling ??? :m00:

pip

Banned
Kinag said:
My thread ain't bullshit, it's quite a simple question which you could answer to instead of just posting stuff which doesn't have jack shit to do with it.

Thing is, not everybody enjoy to stealth zerg, if you like it then good for you and I hope you have fun doing it.
Over the past 2 years i get the impression you are living in a dream world, due to the fact you think every 1 should just run about solo and let all have there precious 1v1? now like I said above it is realm v realm ? and if more people played the game like it should be played it would be alot more fun:)

ps... if all folk disagree they are in wrong game and should take up chess
give give give more big battles thats how i was brought up to play and won't change the way the game is meant to be played for no-one

pip

Banned
Stallion said:
didnt know forums would be a roleplayers kind of thing. Dosent it ruin the feeling ??? :m00:
:eek7: lost me there <scratches head>

Septina

Part of the furniture
pip said:
why should folk leave the other enemies alone, it's all this Crap don't add on me thats killing the game:)

Maybe for mindless zerging roleplayers. ^^

Kinag

Part of the furniture
pip said:
Over the past 2 years i get the impression you are living in a dream world, due to the fact you think every 1 should just run about solo and let all have there precious 1v1? now like I said above it is realm v realm ? and if more people played the game like it should be played it would be alot more fun:)

ps... if all folk disagree they are in wrong game and should take up chess
give give give more big battles thats how i was brought up to play and won't change the way the game is meant to be played for no-one

Over the past two years?

Do you know me? cause I don't think I've ever even spoken to you before.

This game isn't "meant to be played" in any specific way, this game is played by how the players see it fit to be played.

If mythic wanted this game to be played any certain way it would say on the cover that "This game is suppose to be a huge scale war game, grouping up and running as a group or running solo is not allowed".

I just don't see why people stay safe by casters just so they can get their lousy 200 rps when they get added on.

pip

Banned
Kinag said:
Over the past two years?

Do you know me? cause I don't think I've ever even spoken to you before.

This game isn't "meant to be played" in any specific way, this game is played by how the players see it fit to be played.

If mythic wanted this game to be played any certain way it would say on the cover that "This game is suppose to be a huge scale war game, grouping up and running as a group or running solo is not allowed".

I just don't see why people stay safe by casters just so they can get their lousy 200 rps when they get added on.
Well you no me enough to make a thread about me:( I quess we both read fh so get good idea how we all think? about the game,you say i'm never constructive in any way well all that stuff above I have said in the past so nothing new,rest my case all hf and play the game the way you want to play not the way others think you should play.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
pip said:
Well you no me enough to make a thread about me:( I quess we both read fh so get good idea how we all think? about the game,you say i'm never constructive in any way well all that stuff above I have said in the past so nothing new,rest my case all hf and play the game the way you want to play not the way others think you should play.

No, I don't know you at all, you just annoyed me for a long time with you short answers which just didn't have any constructive message in it.

I heard the thread got closed, I never got a chance to read it, and I also heard lots of people flamed me for just saying you never posted anything constructive and that I was just as bad or worse.

They are entitled to their opinion, but it won't harm me in any way.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
No, That's not what it will do, all it did was making me wonder what threads they have read as I don't post as much bullshit as anyone else.

All they reacted against is that I took notice of it and made a thread, which made people feel sorry for someone.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:

invisibles always add on casters and vica versa. Just one of those things. In the past ive left two dueling stealthers to it, only to get ganked myself by the victor 30 seconds later, or by their friends during the fight.

There are some visible I will leave, yredan and Xrystopher for example, but its such a war of attrition out there with stealthers thats its pretty much nuke on sight. Actually i'll try leaving dwera in future as he's hugged me from stealth. A hug goes a long way :) :fluffle:

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
WTF is a roleplayer?

Im sure my idea of it isnt the same as thoose that tend to use the term as an insult.
But even after all these years they keep doing it... oh well

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Originally Posted by pip
ps...I only insult the folk that constantly insult me

Straef said:
Which would be about anyone then.

Hahaha that's very true, actually 100%:fluffle:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Danord_durin said:
Originally Posted by pip
ps...I only insult the folk that constantly insult me

Hahaha that's very true, actually 100%:fluffle:

I guess your right. :drink:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Aran Thule said:
Im sure my idea of it isnt the same as thoose that tend to use the term as an insult.
But even after all these years they keep doing it... oh well

im sure half of them actually did roleplay at some point or another, and im also even more sure they are roleplaying now in game even more then the half they are trying to insult:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom