Is Openbook the lamest ever RR12

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
RR12 with only 700 solo kills, most of those would be pre 50 xp'érs from around Ren and Hurb. He usually runs with FGM stealthers ++ and camps relic towns and docks. Taking out soloers.

you see alot of crap over the years and no one is 100% guiltless but Relic Town camping has to be lamest thing I've ever seen in this game. Killing unbuffed chars on login before they can even react Just like Spawn campers in FPS games it's just lame.

Wondered what others thought...

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, I've never ever been killed at a relic town. Didn't even know they could do that

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Happened a few times to me too. Normally I log my chars out at the NF-side of the frontier-keep (So Castle Sauvage, Druim Ligen) which is where the buffbots etc are too.

Now on Albion when I logged in my chars that area was considered to be 'unsafe' (probably because Mids/Hibs camping close to it killing people who ran CS --> Renaris) and you get auto-teleported to the relic-town.

Relic-town holds 5+ Mid-stealthers who are standing on tents etc killing everything which logs in. They obviously keep trainers and other NPC's dead as well and kill em when they respawn.

Had no less then 4 hunters and 2 SB's jump my buffbot and mercenary when I logged in.

Obviously it takes little skill and those guys aren't there for fun fair fights but simple RP farming. Remember an unbuffed logging in character gives as much RP's as a buffed one who dumps some RA's on you but this is a lot easier.

The amount of solo people is neligible on Ywain and most high-RR stealthers are zerging it up. Openbook just one of those. All play2win even if it includes exploiting obviously broken game-mechanics and now spawn-camping.

Simple solution is to put an uber-guard who see through stealth in a watch-tower there (same as the ones guarding the frontier-keep) and make it a safe zone. Or remove the fact you get transported from the frontier-keep if enemies are close to it.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
RR12 with only 700 solo kills

I'm closing to rr11 and herald show me 62 solo kills. Note that herald only shows detailed RvR statistics since 04/06/05. Maybe he also did most of his prior to that.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that everyone of us will take the easy arpees when offered. Also imho if someone reaches rr12, he has earned it no matter how he did, excluding cheating and shizzle ofc. Just my 2copper.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I'm closing to rr11 and herald show me 62 solo kills. Note that herald only shows detailed RvR statistics since 04/06/05. Maybe he also did most of his prior to that.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that everyone of us will take the easy arpees when offered. Also imho if someone reaches rr12, he has earned it no matter how he did, excluding cheating and shizzle ofc. Just my 2copper.

Fairly sure he was never some solo bod of great repute. From what I've heard & read he got most of his rp's doppel farming (PvE for RP's has no place imho - even on a PvE server) and has now become a tard par excellence on Ywain (along with Swinsky et al). You pays your money you play how you like but doesn't stop it leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of those you face.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

ROFL!

Remember what Duvet was like? This was what some US servers were like before they clustered them all. Now imagine adding mobs that give decent RPs. This guy made 250k rp/day that way and did almost the entire rr11->12 that way.

The guy is very lame. The title of lamest is a tough one to call though.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
openbook, i wouldnt say he is lame, he prolly haveing fun doing what he does.

But he is utter shit aswell if u find him with 2-3 instead of his 8-16 then u realize why he does what he does, :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture

Most people don't think an eldritch is a solo-char. Sure you can solo on it, but it's very different to a hunter.

Absolute numbers on solo-kills are skewed regardless for a lot of 'oldies' who didn't play for a few years after Excal/Pryd merged (and died, practically speaking). Most people have a long history before the stats even started counting.

my NS is on 1388 (out of 3982 total kills) solo kills.
Openbook is on 614 (out of 46133 total kills) solo kills.

There's no question that getting solo-kills is alot harder on Ywain. Harder to solo because you meet more duo's++ and at the same time it is not uncommon to get a solo-kill 'stolen' from you because someone decides to add on a fight which you would have won anyhow.

And no, Openbook is not a very good player, but compensates that with superiour social-skills :)

Everz

FH is my second home
He farmed doppels at a huge rate, before that he was a bled-bridge fodder camper heh.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Worst hunter the world has ever seen :p When he's running duo only, he's cannon fodder. I've never seen someone use their abilities in such a useless way. PS as sole survivor and at 10% health with 2 on him, zephyr the healer instead of the BG (who is at 100% with IP still up ... rather unlikely to kill him during 10s), never interrupting, etc. etc.

Everz

FH is my second home
When I used to trio with two aussie on Killibury, the amount of times his group would just appear one by one and not together, it was far to easy to just kite them around, and they never seemed to understand the concept on BG and MoC.

Ahh i miss Killibury :(

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
but u can also pick out other then openbook, when u start playing other realms then hib u start seeing how uther shitless zerging rr11 noobs like gabyrxvamp and lakold , hurrrycane and many many more its loool :D

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
solo kill s mean shit.. theres people who specificaly log in df at exp spots to kill for solo kills then log out asap....kindas taintes solo kills tbh.. they need to make it that under 50 u dont get a solo kill problem solved :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Openbook is that hunter isnt he? I remember handing his ass to him with my unbuffed pala :<

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
RvR area = risk to die :S

RR12 with only 700 solo kills, most of those would be pre 50 xp'érs from around Ren and Hurb. He usually runs with FGM stealthers ++ and camps relic towns and docks. Taking out soloers.

you see alot of crap over the years and no one is 100% guiltless but Relic Town camping has to be lamest thing I've ever seen in this game. Killing unbuffed chars on login before they can even react Just like Spawn campers in FPS games it's just lame.

Wondered what others thought...

Well, no offence m8, for me it can be annoying because you pop and you can be farmed (notice you can still use teleporter even when attacked at that position) but again, it's about war, if they don't cheat to kill or not being rude, then is no meaning to blame them imo, the game let's you enter sometimes to that areas (when relic doors are open) so why cannot enemy take advantage of it? always disgraceful when stealthers or casters camp those places and farm you, thought next time you need to be careful or maybe call guildies to clean the place :)

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
I finally encountered him and his friends last night in Pennine mts. Good arpees for our duo.

HORNERRR

Fledgling Freddie
Horner and scarla xfer to ywain

SCARLA AND MYSELF ARE THE LAST PLAYERS ON EXCALIBUR. :lol:

JOB WELL DONE. :worthy: FRANCE IS VICTORIOUS. FRANCE CONQUERED THE ENGLISH SERVERS.

TIME TO MOVE ONTO A NEW SERVER. A NEW COUNTRY. :cheers: THE FRENCH EMPIRE NEEDS NEW LAND TO EXPAND .

WE PICKED YWAIN 2.

IM SURE THERES ALOT OF FUN PEOPLE WAITING FOR US THERE ! :iagree:

THE YANKEES WILL FEAR THE FRENCH ! :clap:

Septina

Part of the furniture

JOB WELL DONE. :worthy: FRANCE IS VICTORIOUS. FRANCE CONQUERED THE ENGLISH SERVERS.

TIME TO MOVE ONTO A NEW SERVER. A NEW COUNTRY. :cheers: THE FRENCH EMPIRE NEEDS NEW LAND TO EXPAND .

WE PICKED YWAIN 2.

CapsLock.jpg

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
I wonder if he still has a picture of every1 he has rofld at

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
not Brite, but old screenie, around 2006 you can see Horner looking for contact lenses at the floor :)

Attachments

• sshot000.jpg
    sshot000.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 91

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I've been gone for a few weeks (no reason, just CBA to play at moment, nerf real life!) so only just noticed this.

It would be easy to say he's the lamest hunter ever but end of the day he is not pretending to be anything else other then a zerger. So you can just take him at face value and zerg back free of any guilt, and as others have already observed he's a complete paper tiger, easiest hunter to kill and I've done it several times even with all his mates shooting me, timer dump and make a bee line for him, he drops like a sack of shit before his mates can save his ass.

It's probably better then people who pretend to follow unwritten soloer rules then zerg the same soloers the next night.

Himse

FH is my second home
I've been gone for a few weeks (no reason, just CBA to play at moment, nerf real life!) so only just noticed this.

It would be easy to say he's the lamest hunter ever but end of the day he is not pretending to be anything else other then a zerger. So you can just take him at face value and zerg back free of any guilt, and as others have already observed he's a complete paper tiger, easiest hunter to kill and I've done it several times even with all his mates shooting me, timer dump and make a bee line for him, he drops like a sack of shit before his mates can save his ass.

It's probably better then people who pretend to follow unwritten soloer rules then zerg the same soloers the next night.

:lol:

i don't really get how he can be so terrible, i know he's a zerger noob but even still, playing to rr12 must mean you know SOMETHING about this game.. :|

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH

WE PICKED YWAIN 2.

Desperately seeking attention again are we?

Openbook is really shit, even more shit than me and I can tell you thats saying something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom