Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Sagging capitols

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I know the game isnt out yet, indeed isnt in 'full' beta yet, but I have to say im a bit dissapointed with the input on here atm.

At times ive felt like its 1 post then a reply from me, then another post and a reply by me. Im not full of my self, but just want to get threads moving a bit (honest ;p).

For those not in beta (a lot of people) this is a great avenue to post thoughts and ideas on thegame and general design. Will most of it be 'overlooked', most likely yes, but who knows, a lively forum with lots of good ideas draws more attention, with more attention you might find ideas start to trickle through more often

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry hadnt finished o

One thing I picked up on earlier, was that the reception Scenarios got was awesome.

Let me wake some1 up here.

OF COURSE IT WAS AWESOME, YU WERE SHOWING PEOPLE A GAME THEY HAVE WAITED ON FOR YEARS.

It isnt that Scenarios are THE winer and saviour of MMORPGS in the slightest. They are in WOW and generally looked down upon as PVP. I pray to god they are taking npote and (as the beta announcement appears to suggest) are actually going to work to empasise 'proper' RVR.

The WOW 'open RVR objectives' are (sorry for the language) utter shit. Pointless.
PLEASE dont have the PVP in WAR focus on Scenarios.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Well in their latest announcement, they said in the 2 month closure they are gonna be working on the Open World RVR. Obviously it's not just us kicking up a fuss about this, but beta players too providing feedback.

Obviously yeah, we want scenarios to rock. But they have obviously realised they have over empthasized them at the expense of other RvR types to this point, and are trying to correct that.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
But they have obviously realised they have over empthasized them at the expense of other RvR types to this point, and are trying to correct that.
And thank [insert diety here] for that!

I don't see the game lasting more than a year or two tops without some good open world PvP. I really hope they make the open world PvP (or RvR, seeing as how I'd rather call the in-server stuff RvR rather than the instanced cross-server stuff) absolutely fantastic.

It's what the game needs to differentiate itself enough from the competition.

Heck, even WoW will be getting siege warfare in the next expansion (iirc - haven't looked into it a lot), they need to stay on their toes. :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Open world! Hope they also keep the killspam,nothing looks more fun than solo chanter getting +20 kills on regionwide kill messages :p

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
From what i've seen, they have done. And yeah manachanter spam always made me laugh in DAoC....very bad considering i was a mid :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Open world! Hope they also keep the killspam,nothing looks more fun than solo chanter getting +20 kills on regionwide kill messages :p
They are keeping them - just... FPSing them up a bit:
Killspam screenshot

You can click the image for a larger view.

I'm liking that killspam is back, but not too sure about the "upgrade" to Unreal Tournament goes Warhammer.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Yeah i'm not too sure about the 'rampage' and 'frenzy' tags, but hey i can ignore it if necessary. Suppose it at least gives you an idea of who's butt is worth trying to kick.

Cheers for the link, i couldn't remember where i'd seen it.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
In War you get 'rampage' / 'frenzy' if you kill a several on trot?

how out of touch :mad:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It does look like Mythic are aiming for a CS/UT game in fantasy-clothing for the RvR though.

not really, from what i could tell they are just improving what they started on DAoC.

if they wanted CS/UT they would have made it a pure copy from WoW battlegrounds, as thats way more accurate to that description then what the rvr in WAR is.

/edit: and about the killspams, we have that in DAoC to, so its no different there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom