Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Sagging capitols

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Crispy, sorry m8, but your side on your server will end up argueing and falling out. It WILL happen. YOU are trying to force rules onto people, your OWN rules.

I do pity servers that will fall out because people judge their realm8s and thereafter judge them just for fighting and helping their side win the war.

The amount of soloing im going to do in WAR will be close to zero. But there WILL be people who want to solo. And i will respect that, and my group will respect that. I just want you to understand that even tho they are not entitled to be left alone, or they are playing the game wrong in your eyes, they are still just playing the game for FUN. Since im going to play on the same server as them i will try to respect them, and by that gaining their respect, which builds a strong realm.

Do what you want, but you wont be doing any good for your realm. There will be people who want to solo, face it. And deal with it appropiately. If you start pissing people off within your own realm its not gonna be fun for anyone.

Its a very little fraction of the server who will be soloing, so why not just let it go and let them have their fun?

Azziee

Fledgling Freddie
Open world for sure! Closed area's can be fun too, but are way to repeative. Hopefully there will be alot of open world pvp. In WoW blizzard really killed open world pvp with "battlegrounds" which made me quit the game, hopefully this wont happend here :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Nah dont think either :)

Seems like they are doing alot for open world rvr. Like a quest where you must go and kill 20 chaos players for example.

And generally i think they have arranged the layouts so that open world rvr will be favored :D

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I agree 100% on the respect thing. Ive said before I like to consider myself an honourable 'style' player. thats not to say I wont ever attack a solo player, theres no dishonour in outnumbring your enemy, in facts its good practice.

What will annoy me and really get my back up, is the vocal minorty of soloers who think THEY can dictace who others can and cant attack and brading any1 who dosnt follow 'their' rules an asshole or spam insults.

for me and many others, the greatest thing (speaking from a Prydwen point of view) about DAOc was the great community. Albion (for the most part) passed LOTS of info around on enemy whereabouts....which often led to a 'zerg' or what appeared to be a zerg to an enemy...but in actual fact was often a case of several groups KNOWING where to head to...to attack a reported enemy force.

It was the best community in my 11 years of MMORPG gaming with Lords of England.

I REALLY hope we can help forge a similar community on WAR.

One thing is for certain though, (this isnt aimed at any1 imparticular) if people start to 'blacklist' so called 'adders' and insult people who 'spoil a duel'...the community is heading only one way.

Think of some1 who helps you in a fight as a saviour, or if not a saviour at least one of your comrades rushing into danger to help you kill the sworn enemy. Dont start segragating the community by making enemies within your own side.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
But you wont mind being told to leave a fight alone if they asked politely?

I understand that you dont want verbal abuse from your realm mates, and if people just start whining away at you i can understand your decision to not care abount them either.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I am not the person who would instantly attack everything thats an enemy, id leave low level players for example (unless they were clearly upto no good)....but....I refuse to let any server im on deteriote into a DAOC thing where yo have a situation before every fight where you are considering if you are 'allowed' to join the fight or not.

In general I will have our group attack the enemy, if some1 says we were just having a duel, id prob apologise, but wouldnt then say 'I will never attack that guy again while hes solo coz he wants to duel with you', that will just lead to a distorted gameplay.

I have honour, I have consideration for others, but I wouldnt want the game to disolve into a set of private fights. Its a MMORPG, not many have open RVR so let people enjoy the freedom.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
As a rule i always leave 1on1 fights that are ongoing to finish (except in some cases, ask for help etc etc)...

If i just see a bunch of people running around fighting i'll probably with my group just run into a killing frenzy also. But thats expected :p

I will also, if i can see its a 1 group fighting another group, probably not add on it if i know the players dont want it. I wont be policing any of this upon others if im in that situation, other than letting them know we didnt appreciate the help.

Its not flaming or whining, its just letting them know how we feel about a certain thing :>

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I doubt soloing will work in WAR anyway. No stealth and (with luck) high population will make it very hard to run without support.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Been away a week and this is still going?

Ok lets tie it up shall we and get back on topic.

Duelers are asking to be left alone when dueling. This is what you want.

Other players are asking to be able to attack every enemy target. That is what they want.

So far that looks like equal reasons to me, in which case most people will probably do what they want and add, simply because the game dynamics empowers them to do so whereas the duelist has no power to stop them. Essentially the choice is with the one about to add.

Can anyone out there that plans on soloing please give me a reason that I should leave their target alone beyond “because it’s their wish”. I would ask you don’t start going on about respect, you are using a different label to disguise that fact it’s what you alone want and using that label to suggest some form of punishment or reward to encourage people to adhere to your wishes.

Understand that I will happily help someone else out if I can but you have to give a good reason for me to sacrifice my desires to allow you to fulfill yours beyond what I’ve heard so far.

Many have spoken about rights, others about being pissed off, there is a place for everyone normally but surely people see the problem of trying to play a game against the way it was designed? Open warfare is designed with group play in mind, sure solo, go for it, but bear in mind if you want to do it in the part of the game designed for groups you may find it frustrating.

From what I understand those going solo will be able to hang around with groups and join in group fights anyway so there is some allowance in the game for that, strangely though some may see that as leeching, funny how a different situation can lead to a complete reversal of opinion. I wonder how many of those saying I’ll add would complain if someone leeched :p

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Looking forward to open world, i dont like the concept scenarios, the fun in PVP/RvR is that u never know where/when u meet an enemy and how meny there are, ofc there is choke points/points of interest where u allways will tend to meet people, but its still not allways the same as it is in a scenario.

tbh even pve instances is abit dull, when it becomes instance type of pve it allso tend to get farmed to death which takes all the fun out of it.

a mmorpg should be massive, and there should not be instances at all :)

But that just my view, i could be wrong and im going to love scenarios, but i doubt it :)

When all that is said, im still very much looking forward to the game, and i do think that open world will be good :)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
I'm dreaming of a scenario in which a city in an open world gets sacked.

wijjijjyn

Fledgling Freddie
Theres scenarios, world RvR and capitol sieges, or did i miss a fourth option?

Well anyways: what RvR are you looking forward to?

Personally im hoping for some good old full group action in the open lands! Oooh the excitement! A zerg on the other side of the hill? How many groups are we going to fight now? OH NOES, NOT THEM! :D

So unpredictable, I love it!

Open World! Runnings grps, etc.
But my secondary vote goes to capitol sieges ;)

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone i know on a personal level who want sto play WAR (thats quite alot) are REALLY not up on the switch from RVR of DAOC to scenarios. Seems the same (for the most part) here also.

I do hope people high up dont have the ol blinkers on.

Id deffo prefer DAOC 2 as opposed to WOW 2 (in regards PVP (oops i mean RVR))

I also want to point out im not moaning, just really want to voice my opinion on this as much as possible....because SO MANY people im in contact with feel pretty much the same. A WOW based PVP system (ie BGs) will NOT keep us playing long term. A DAOC based one WILL. I just want the very best for this game, its something we have been looking forward to for a very long time as a guild.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Open RVR and sieges/sacking cities all the way for me.

It still brings a smile to my face thinking about the screams in alliance chat 80 mids on Crauch/ 130 albs on Crim! DAOC with large numbers is a game like no other :)

I want to be in the mass armies again either attacking or defending its the best.

Eble

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I do hope people high up dont have the ol blinkers on.

But it's ok for the playerbase to have the ol blinkers on? I reckon people should see what the scenarios are like before whining.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the scenarios, they look interesting and varied. Should be fun.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of a difference (imho) between voicing opinions and whining. I mentioned that im not moaning in the post.

Its a genuine concern of mine and others I chat with, id feel I wasnt doing any1 any justice if I didnt raise the issues here on a Warhammer based forum, which im presuming, is deisgned for just that.

I have full faith in Mythic, I am really looking forward to war.

:)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So it's zerg FTW then is it?

i bloody hope so, that will keep all the DAoC elitist pricks far faaaaar away from this game and not come here and bitch about adds and other sad things.

i want MMORPG's back to where it should be, MASSIVE, not a full group here and there comparing numbers on a website.

theres CS for that crap if they want it :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
i bloody hope so, that will keep all the DAoC elitist pricks far faaaaar away from this game and not come here and bitch about adds and other sad things.

i want MMORPG's back to where it should be, MASSIVE, not a full group here and there comparing numbers on a website.

Like it or not, but FG's elitists will be there regardless of zergs/adds :)

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
If they start to try lay law down on the general playing base, think they will find that they will get run rough shod over.

The general community in the ol days of daoc > the elitist that were left.

If they want to argue about it, let em try. Good luck.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Well...imo balls in our court, if the game is created with the parameters for one to flourish, WE need to form a community on whatever server we end up on that stands up against bullies such as these that want to pervert the game.

:england:

Right off to Cornwall for four days, so you have a break from my unending ramblings ;p (sorry just trying to liven things up on here and get more posting :) )

kivik

Part of the furniture
Heh, wonder if the forums will be infested with people saying 'leet pricks, elitists! this is real war ffs, RVR! you are supposed to play this way, you are playing the wrong way!!!11'

Indeed, we are the elitist pricks.

*sigh*

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
It does look like Mythic are aiming for a CS/UT game in fantasy-clothing for the RvR though. You seen the kill-spam messages? It's not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I (and I guess a lot of other people) was expecting early on.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Do you know the best bit about WAR, is probably due to the numbers of servers/people playing we won't be so restricted to which forums to use.

I honestly doubt that FH will be the main outlet forum for WAR, the WAR forums will need strong mods to stamp out any abuse.

FH DAOC forums have been a free for all for some people to spew there twisted thoughts and abuse on people for years, FH didn't help the DAOC community one bit.

I must be twisted myself as I've hung around for so long :)

Eble

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
FH didn't help the DAOC community one bit.
I beg to differ, at least slightly.

I found them a great outlet for the various events and raids people threw - like the epic dungeons, dragons and stuff. I don't think they would've happened (as easily) without a forum.

Then again, I agree with you on all the slander that people lowered themselves to.

It's a fine line to walk - I'm guessing a bit stricter moderation (and most of all; self-moderation of the community) could've helped.

So, not all of it was bad - I just wish I hadn't forumed so much though, as everything really did seem a lot more healthier when I was an ignorant newbie prancing about in la-la land scoring a few kills here and there.

I guess forums have a tendancy to turn people from ignorant newbies to just plain ignorants (with added bitterness and cynisism) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom